Couldn’t think…. The next part

Comments

• The strong rumour on another site was that Antonio was refering to Morgan Amilfitano.
    • Both right footed wide midfielders (at the time)
    • Amalfitano joined Sept 1st 2014 (Allardyce era) after having spent the previous season on loan at West Brom; Antonio joined Sept 1st 2015 (First month of Billic era, but scouted over Allardyces time) from Forest.
    • Amalfitano played 28 games for us in the season before Antonio joined. To middling (at best) effect.
    • Amalfitano is often regarded as having a poor attitude. In August 2015 Amalfitano was disciplined for breach of club rules by Bilic, and banned from training with the first team.
    • He then left by mutual consent (contract cancelled and not sold on, with him actually having signed a extension March 2015 until end of 16/17 season) on 6th Oct 2015.
    • Amilfitano then joined Lille on a 2.5 year contract Jan 2016. This also was terminated early after 12 months having played 36 games.
    • He then joined Stade Rennais on a 2.5 year deal. This again was terminated early after 1.5 years having played 21 games. At this point he was 32. He hasn't had a club since.
  • Wow! Looks like his attitude sucks
  • The only other potential IMO is Jarvis.
    • Both wide midfielders at the time.
    • Jarvis left footed to Ant's right, however we played old school sided wingers with Allerdyce and eventually inverted(ish) ones with Billic.
    • Our original offer to Forest in Aug 2015 was £4m + year loan of Jarvis.
    • Antonio eventually joined for £7m Sept 2015, Jarvis signed for Norwich on a season long loan that same month, and then stayed there permenantly thereafter.
    • Jarvis had already seen games with us fall prior though. 12/13 and 13/14 season he was pretty much ever present. 14/15 season he only played 13 games. And then played minimal prior to leaving 15/16 season.
  • However my money's on Amalfitano.
  • I mean, to me, it sounds like a humorous response more than a ‘get out of my pub’ one.
  • This bit of Antonio's comment though Lukerz:
    He hated me from that day until he left the club. It was crazy. He just couldn’t separate us playing football from me coming to take his job. It was crazy. I’ve seen it throughout my career a little bit, but not to this extent, it was unbelievable.
  • Just started watching Ted Lasso very funny good characters a feel good show without being overly sentimental and happy ending type stuff. Just binged season 1 onto season 2 now
  • Chanced upon this while looking for something else - I think that's called serendipity ;)

https://spartacus-educational.com/spartacus-blogURL139.htm
  • The only other potential IMO is Jarvis.

• Jarvis left footed to Ant's right, however we played old school sided wingers with Allerdyce and eventually inverted(ish) ones with Billic.
    • Antonio eventually joined for £7m Sept 2015, Jarvis signed for Norwich on a season long loan that same month, and then stayed there permenantly thereafter.
    • Jarvis had already seen games with us fall prior though. 12/13 and 13/14 season he was pretty much ever present. 14/15 season he only played 13 games. And then played minimal prior to leaving 15/16 season.
    I really enjoyed these detective posts, but I think Jarvis was right footed, Columbo
  • alderz said:

The only other potential IMO is Jarvis.

I really enjoyed these detective posts, but I think Jarvis was right footed, Columbo
    And he was also a bit rubbish.
    Very good a giving a thumbs up though, probably international level for that.

• Ex reckons contract negotiations have started with Fab, Oggy and Johnson
  • alderz said:

You're right. :o
  • Chanced upon this while looking for something else - I think that's called serendipity ;)

https://spartacus-educational.com/spartacus-blogURL139.htm

That is a really superb read Bubbles. Thanks for the link!!
  • Declan shows off his skills
  • Taken from Fottball365

The Moyesiah
    Perhaps West Ham won’t finish in the top four, just as maybe their three cup runs won’t bring silverware. But they won their first four games in the Europa League. They beat both Manchester clubs in the Carabao Cup, to accompany Premier League triumphs over Liverpool and Chelsea. By opening their FA Cup campaign by beating Leeds, West Ham brought up their 16th win of the season on January 9. They only won 12 matches in the whole of 2019-20, 13 in 2017-18, 15 in 2016-17. David Moyes is turning regular underachievers into a club who expect to win matches and often do. And that is an achievement in itself.
  • I see the commentator was at his most predictable again yesterday, after finally confining to the bench the source of Bowen's stamina it was all too much to not wheel out again that one of our back four has a famous footballing uncle!
  • edited January 2022

I see the commentator was at his most predictable again yesterday, after finally confining to the bench the source of Bowen's stamina it was all too much to not wheel out again that one of our back four has a famous footballing uncle!

Also that we’re pretty hot on dead ball “situations”.

The things you learn ( every match) eh?

• Good job we weren't in the south west London area yesterday otherwise Rice's house would have got a mention.
  • do we know which games are on the various TV channels as Mrs Path wants me to put these on the calendar so she can 'plan', I only just realized we were on the box again this weekend so I am on the naughty path step.
  • The Premier League website lists it nexts to the fixtures. https://www.premierleague.com/fixtures

Obviously you can't look too far ahead because timings do change.
  • Great clip showing the team spirit and togetherness especially the three French players.
    BTW I had to check with Wiki to see if Arthur was French since he plays for DRC.
    Also saw why he's called Arthur. =)
  • Can't access unless you have an Instagram account :-(
  • Seem to be getting into murky territory with the postponement issue.

Arsenal requesting the NLD be postponed because of injuries, AFCON and apparently one Covid case. That’s nonsense.
  • Richard Lee Richards. RIP
  • Watching the Palace v Brighton game. Brighton got a penalty for a shirt pull but very light. Vlasic got pawed in the face and then manhandled, absolutely nothing given and not even looked at.
This discussion has been closed.