Transfer Speculation (1st June onwards)

Comments

• edited July 2021
  • edited July 2021
    Not sure if it's been mentioned, but Mata's signed a contract extension at Man U.

So if Sancho does join, their front line options are:

RW: Sancho, James
    LW: Rashford, Martial
    AM: Fernandes, van de Beek, Mata
    ST: Cavani, Greenwood

Is Lingard getting many minutes ahead of those? Possibly over James and Martial, but even then he'd only be first reserve at best.
  • I imagine Souceks agent is in the queue outside Sulley's office also.
  • Funny how after a good season they're all expecting pay rises... But not volunteering for pay reductions after a disappointing season.

( Of course, they may not actually be asking for pay rises, could just be TWIT-ter agitation.)
  • edited July 2021
    Isn't his representative his dad, an avid chavski
  • If Rice, Coufal and Soucek were not playing in the Euros I am sure the wage demands / contract negotions would be different.
    I hope Yarmo's agent is just as busy.
  • I'd like Deccers to stay another year, so he can do a Bobby Moore and win the World Cup as a Hammer =)
  • Sorry but England only wins the World Cup if we have three West Ham players in the starting XI, if we play all our matches at Wembley and when the linesman is asked if the ball crossed the line he thinks "Stalingrad"
  • Interesting fact:
    Dortmund spent £32m on Sancho, Dembele, Aubameyang and Pulisic.
    They’ve made £309m.

That’s how you run a football club.
  • GSB would be heavily criticised for selling players for good money even if it was all reinvested in the team
  • Barney said:

GSB would be heavily criticised for selling players for good money even if it was all reinvested in the team

Imagine the outcry if we flipped Soucek for £50mil and Coufal £30mil this summer after spending £20mil combined n them 12 months ago......GSB would be accused of asset stripping
  • Interesting fact:
    They’ve made £309m.

That's how you cherry-pick stats to make your case :-)

It looks good, sure. But if you only pick the 4 'big profit' sales, it will. How many other signings did they make over this period (from when they signed the earliest of those 4) and how much profit did they make on those players?
  • It's ok selling players for a decent profit if it is to be invested back into the squad. But that's the problem I don't trust the owners to do that.
  • MrsGrey said:

Interesting fact:
    They’ve made £309m.

That's how you cherry-pick stats to make your case :-)

It looks good, sure. But if you only pick the 4 'big profit' sales, it will. How many other signings did they make over this period (from when they signed the earliest of those 4) and how much profit did they make on those players?
    I think it’s still a good record unless other transfer business comes up to a £270m loss. It would probably be stronger if you didn’t include Aubemayang as he’s was bought a long time ago. Having any big profit sales in itself is good, at least for the fact that it might cover losses in other areas. And it certainly works in comparison to us, where we can’t claim to have done anything near that for any players. We’ve rarely sold at a profit and have made losses on plenty of players. Was Ashley Fletcher maybe the best business we did?

I think the last few windows show we have potential to start making these transfers under Moyes so let’s see. We’ll have to get used to seeing our best players go but if we get another window this summer with smart buys then I’ll finally have some trust that we’ll reinvest well.
  • Nico Schira reporting that talks are progressing between Lazio and West Ham for Anderson. We want €10m, they're offering €7m.
  • I'd take the £7m
  • I can see us trying to switch out the € for £ when we accept.
  • I'd take the £7m

But that's more than the €7 they want to pay.
  • Had a quick look through transfermarkt at Dortmund’s dealings and it made me even more jealous. They’ve made profit, usually quite significant, on almost every player I can see. Immobile was by far their worst but with the loan fee and eventual sale to Sevilla they still only lost £3m. Obviously they lost Lewandowski for a free as well but they didn’t buy him for much and you can’t force a player to sign a contract. Kevin Kampl I think was £1/2m loss as well. Buying back Shinji Kagawa looks like a mistake but that was still half the price and they got a bit more when they sold him again. I may have missed a few bad sales but otherwise they made profit on the majority of transfers.
  • Anderson and Yarmelenko out would free up a lot of wage space along with Reid if he leaves also.
  • Yarmo is the one, he’s had a good euros & we may be able to get £15m plus for him with another good game today
  • Not at his age and with his injury record. £8m-£10m maybe.
  • I see the club announced yesterday that a head of recruitment will be announced soon and McKinley has joy the staff
  • edited July 2021

New Head of Recruitment announced…
  • edited July 2021
    Of course, it won't stop people peddling the same story going forward.
    ( Not here, of course, where were respect the facts :-) )
  • I am glad they pulled them up....... the Sun really is the lowest of the low, or at least fighting it out with the Mail.
  • edited July 2021

Dec tonight
  • So the Telegraph copies its information from the Sun?? And people believe it because it's the Telegraph? This is how elections are won...
This discussion has been closed.