• Rice and Ogbonna start
  • edited May 2021
    Fabianski
    Coufal Dawson Ogbonna Cresswell
    Soucek Rice
    Bowen Lingard Fornals
    Antonio
  • Benrahma doesn’t after his poor showing last time out
  • Potentially our strongest line-up. Toss up between Bowen and Benrahma, but Bowen has delivered more this season.
  • Fabianski
    Coufal Dawson Ogbonna Cresswell
    Soucek Rice
    Bowen Lingard Fornals
    Antonio

If that is the team, IMO it's our strongest 11..COYI.......
  • Are we getting any coverage on the bbc website? Can't see it...
  • Great line up COYI
  • Marinner the ref tonight. He was the ref at home to Man U so I hope he tells his assistants to watch the line as their main job.
  • I’m ready.

It’s like you’re happy for our season to fizzle out so long as I don’t start any winning match threads smh
  • I would really like us to win. To beat Brighton for the first time ever. ( Apparently)
  • BBC say we haven't beaten them in 7 PL meetings though the last 4 were drawn.

Come on you IRONS !
  • MrsGrey said:

I would really like us to win. To beat Brighton for the first time ever. ( Apparently)

In the Premier League.

Didn’t Vaz Te score a hat trick against them in our last championship season? I think we won 6-0?
  • On the Brighton side its the same formation as against Wolves (4-4-1-1, Welbeck up top) with Ben White shifting from RB to CB for Dunk, Steven Alzate (normally a CM/DM) at RB and 22yo Jakub Moder (just 9 appearances since he joined in January) in for Maupay.

With our starting XI I've got a seriously good feeling about this

And my train is 5 minutes away (don't get off until 11:42pm)
  • Sky reporter says Brighton have never won a premier league match without Dunk
  • Stop with all the optimism!!
  • First time for everything yo-yo
  • DOH!
  • Some pessimistic view, we’ve never beat Brighton with lingard in the team either 😂😂
  • More upbeat: We've never lost a game when I've started
  • On the Brighton side its the same formation as against Wolves (4-4-1-1, Welbeck up top) with Ben White shifting from RB to CB for Dunk, Steven Alzate (normally a CM/DM) at RB and 22yo Jakub Moder (just 9 appearances since he joined in January) in for Maupay.

With our starting XI I've got a seriously good feeling about this

And my train is 5 minutes away (don't get off until 11:42pm)

Welbeck likes a goal against us. Like a poor man's Lukaku. So I reckon we'll need to score at least two tonight to win, and I think we have it in us. 2-1 Irons.
  • But we've never lost to them with Lingard in the side as well.
  • Great to see Dec back.
  • Wasn't that out??
  • great tackle from dawson
  • great tackle from dawson

It was, but he was also too deep behind the line again which allowed Welbeck in in the first place. That’s what happened against Everton but he wasn’t able to recover.
  • Welbeck has got behind our line a couple of times now.
  • We're not offering a great deal up front again. And our set piece deliveries have been poor so far.

Need to step it up.
  • I think Bowen has such great promise and could be turned into a Vardy or Ings, but he always looks like he's carrying a few pounds extra to me
  • edited May 2021
    This Brighton team getting away with murder. Going to be another few reds for Brighton if the ref remembers he can book people.
  • This Brighton team getting away with murder. Going to be another few reds for Brighton if the ref remembers he can book people.

Bissouma could easily be off already