Brighton Away

Comments

• Doubt Benrahma will start after his poor performance last time when he had no confidence and failed to go past anyone. I have always liked Lanzini behind the striker so front 4 could be
    Lingard Lanzini Bowen
    Antonio
    Unless Moyes go for 3 at the back in which case Lanzini would drop out.
  • Didn't Lanzini get injured? Or was it not serious?
  • Sadly, I saw comments he Lanzini would miss the rest of the season.
  • On Sunday Moyes said that Lanzini has suffered a groin/thigh injury similar to one that had him out for a week in December and C&H says he went for a scan on Monday but can't find any more news since then.
  • We might be playing Brighton at a good time. Dunk and Maupay both suspended for red cards, Solly March injured, Veltman "an outside chance", Lallana 50/50

• We might be playing Brighton at a good time. Dunk and Maupay both suspended for red cards, Solly March injured, Veltman "an outside chance", Lallana 50/50

And Glenn Murray plays for a different team now.
  • Plays for a different team is debatable he’s notts forests bench warmer 😂😂

• The guy who works for Sky isn’t a massive fan...
  • What nonsense. Brighton are overrated and their league positions show what they're really worth. Remind me of Swansea when they were declining after a couple years of really good football - still trying to pass it about but pointlessly.
  • Yeah I mean there's only a difference of 21 points between the sides...
  • If they used over and under achieved then maybe fair enough but over and under rated.......🙄
  • I think Brighton will be a surprise package next season. I think Potter is building a decent squad. A lot depends on if they lose some of their key players and who they bring in. But Dunk / White / Trossard / Bissouma / GroB is a good base for them to build around. I think Brighton are probably a striker away from being in that mix as a mid table team.
  • I don't get the Brighton love. They're rubbish. People seem to like them because they pass the ball around, but passing the ball around doesn't get you points.

Putting the ball in the net and keeping it out your own does, and they're not very good at either.
  • They are better than us at keeping the ball out of the net!
  • Well, not when it matters most. Hence why we've won 17 games and they've won 8.

We concede most of our goals when we're 3-0 up...
  • I don't get the Brighton love. They're rubbish.

I see that having fluffed his lines on the last match thread, someone is keen to jinx the next person’s attempt..
  • edited May 2021
    and last year we were exactly in the position that Brighton are currently in. If you look at their stats this season they are mostly losing by one goal. No Team has really blown them away. In fact only 3 teams have won by more than a 2 goal margin this season against them. Everton / Chelsea / Leicester. To me that suggests a few tweaks into their attacking department to get more goals and those 1-0 losses can become draws / wins.

When i look at the clubs around them. Southampton / Burnley / Palace / Newcastle. I think Brighton are more well positioned to leapfrog these 4 clubs next season. Southampton and Newcastle rely on their star injury prone strikers to graft them goals take Ings and Wilson out and both massively struggle. Palace heavily rely on 2 players and Burnley lack a midfield to expand their game beyond their current tactics. Brighton meanwhile have solid defenders and midfielders and lack an "Ings / Woods / Wilson" which i think will be easier for them to obtain than a whole new defence / midfield that the other teams largely need.
  • Getting in effective and consistent attacking players is incredibly difficult though. Very few teams have them. So Brighton changing is down to what the manager gets out of his players. We scored more goals not so much because of recruits but because of what Moyes did with the players he had.

I just don't think Potter is as good as he's made out to be. I think he gets his team to play an idea of good football but it's not good football.
  • You need good players to play good football .Brighton dont have any
  • Moyes doesn't give any clues about injuries at his press conference
  • steve said:

You need good players to play good football .Brighton dont have any

Thats why Bissouma and White are being touted to be snapped up by both Liverpool and City ?
  • Lawro goes 1-1 so that's a bonus
  • I don't get the Brighton love. They're rubbish.

I see that having fluffed his lines on the last match thread, someone is keen to jinx the next person’s attempt..
    Jordan had been an absolute joke this season. Scraped a few one nils playing anti-football and started acting like the big dog.
  • Oh, go and invent some more stats.
  • Fighting talk 🥊

In the left corner in claret shorts we have Borderz

And in the right corner in sky blue shorts we have Barlderz

Last one awake wins 💤
  • Beat Brighton and lowest we can finish is 9th.
  • With 4 games to go it was win all and come at least 5th. Shows how costly our recent results have been
  • yoyo said:

With 4 games to go it was win all and come at least 5th. Shows how costly our recent results have been

And now it's win all and come at least 6th. Still the same competition and I am not sure we couldn't finish higher if we did win all our remaining matches
  • Cant wait for the real game of the day to start =)