• will be 4 loses from 5 games
  • Great for Benrahma … at last
  • GET IN
  • Benny scores now get another one
  • Come on let’s go win it nkw
  • I'm Pleased for him
  • at least Benny scored
  • We have no bench, GSB out
  • Absolute rubbish 4 defeats in our last 5. /blockquote> or not.

• How was that not handball by Webster?
  • Gutted that the goal will not be the winning goal. Benrahma definitely needed that.
  • alderz said:

How was that not handball by Webster?

West Ham, innit.
  • game over point not good enough
  • edited May 2021
    pleased for benny
  • will hate to finish behind the spuds
  • European football out of our hands.
    Need Everton and Spurs to lose now.
  • edited May 2021
    We've punched above our weight all season and run out of puff. Brilliant season regardless but I fear it will be a one off without strengthening the squad
  • So annoying. Our season has fallen away and now even 7th will be a challenge.

Without wanting to sound like a broken record, we're just too many players light, IMO. Some are running on empty but we have no reliable options to help out.
  • will hate to finish behind the spuds

Yeah it’s worrying. Spurs have Wolves, Villa and Leicester to play, so they’d do very well to win all three - particularly as the Leicester game will be in front of fans.

It feels like a pretty big if, but if we win the next two we’ll get in the top six, I reckon
  • Not enough squad depth is the problem.
  • Winning the next two is going to be a big ask I think as it looks like we are playing from memory and running on fumes.
  • We huffed and puffed but did not carry any goal threat, just like the game against Everton. A dip in form at the crucial time. May be the lack of good squad has finally caught up with us. We needed a second striker today but have not got one. Will we finish 6th? Any form of European football will do.
  • If we get into Europe then I can't see us playing 38 league games and taking a European run seriously. We don't have the strength
  • A point away at Brighton would normally be a decent result for us. Have to keep rem8nding myself about that.
  • yoyo said:

If we get into Europe then I can't see us playing 38 league games and taking a European run seriously. We don't have the strength

And this is why the cynic in me thinks Sullivan would be happier for us to finish 8th. Mrs G mentioned something on another thread about everyone aspiring to do what Leicester have done; but I'm not convinced our owners do. The cost involved in building a squad to compete domestically and in Europe, particularly when you consider how light we are now, will probably cost them more than we'd make from being the EL or EC.
  • Nothing new in my comment, we played well and looked comfortable on the ball which is nice to see but we have run out of ideas in the final phase of play, we do not seem to have the craft to break down a defense and we take too many touches, not enough confidence to accept responsibility, sometimes it seems like we want to walk it in.

The stats do not lie, yes Dawson should have scored which might have changed everything but we really did not test their keeper anywhere near enough given the passages of play we controlled.

This may attract some criticism but Fornals frustrates me the most, he has had a strong run in the team and often breaks up play, presents himself in link up play for us and runs until he drops, but his final ball is often woeful.

Oh and what he tried in the box at the end there made me shout very loudly at the telly.

Many contributors on here have lauded him this season and I agree that it is not without merit, but he drives me nuts.