Burnley (A) - Monday 3rd May 8.15pm

Comments

• Lukerz said:

If Mick thinks he’s ok & the medical staff do, given the small amount of games left, we may as well take the gamble. Would be nice to have Cresswell back too.

Mick, to his friends
  • It’s not like we can damage his hamstrings any more than they already are
  • edited May 2021
    Team is rumoured to be

Fabianski
    Coufal - Dawson - Diop - Cresswell
    Fornals - Souček
    Bowen - Benrahma - Lingard
    Antonio
  • Now way Antonio starts.

Surely.
  • Now way Antonio starts.

Surely.

He does
  • No Ogbonna
  • Just seen. Cresswell and Antonio starting? That's a big risk. But I guess we're in 'nothing to lose' territory.
  • Benrahma starting too
  • Lukerz said:

Team is rumoured to be

Fabianski
    Coufal - Dawson - Diop - Cresswell
    Fornals - Souček
    Bowen - Benrahma - Lingard
    Antonio

• Lanzini for Bowen, I've seen.
  • Yep, Benrahma, Antonio, Lanzini, Fornals, Lingard all start
  • edited May 2021
    That's a really exciting line-up. I hope it works.

Though worried about Ogbonna missing!?
  • It’s gonna go one way or the other, but I am pleased Moyes is going for it and rolling the dice
  • Lining up as:

Fab
    Coufal Dawson Diop Cresswell
    Fornals Soucek Lanzini
    Lingard Antonio Benrahma

According to the OS.
  • Wow. Really going for it. I love it.

Maybe I should bring the Champions League pic back.
  • Lukerz said:

It’s gonna go one way or the other, but I am pleased Moyes is going for it and rolling the dice

Not convinced it's through choice. He's being forced to play Lanzini and Fornals at CM because he has no other option (other than Coventry who he clearly doesn't trust).

Hopefully it works, but Soucek could find himself very isolated tonight.
  • The BBC shows our formation with Soucek at centre half in a back three. These people are so knowledgable🤦‍♂️

• Soucek at CB on the BBC. I want a refund on my licence fee.
  • Lukerz said:

It’s gonna go one way or the other, but I am pleased Moyes is going for it and rolling the dice

Not convinced it's through choice. He's being forced to play Lanzini and Fornals at CM because he has no other option (other than Coventry who he clearly doesn't trust).

Hopefully it works, but Soucek could find himself very isolated tonight.
    I wasn’t sure he’d put either Lanzini or Benrahma in, he’s made a very brave choice to put both in, which I think is acknowledging we might have to play through them.
  • I have a feeling McNeil is going to target Cresswell. He usually plays on the left but Cresswell at LB isn't as good as Cresswell at LCB, so I think he'd struggle against an old-school winger like McNeil.
  • edited May 2021
    It probably isn’t our biggest worry tonight, but does anyone else think Balbuena is unlucky to lose his place? He doesn’t seem to do a lot wrong, and only lost his place earlier this season because of injury. I’m not convinced by Dawson, and think he may have had his “purple patch”.

Now I’ve said it, he will play a blinder tonight!

COYI⚒
  • If this line up can’t put on an entertaining performance then it really is all Jorderz.
  • Why is Bowen out ,Think he has been our best player last 2 or 3 games
  • I fear Bowen is ready for if/when Antonio comes off. Hopefully at half time without an injury.
  • My guess is Moyes thinks we might need to pass through them and Bowen's better when we're really direct and playing on the counter. He found it a bit harder against Newcastle and Chelsea than Leicester and Wolves, imo (though so did Lingard).
  • Really good on paper but shocked we're risking Antonio....
  • What would we save him for?
  • Bowen is on the bench ready to cover for Antonio.
  • Each game is a must win pretty much. If they are fit they must play at present.