Burnley (A) - Monday 3rd May 8.15pm

Can’t trust you lot with anything. All my good work out the window.

I’m back to see us through the end of the season.

Comments

• Lets hope we get some players back
  • The first of 5 “Save our Season” matches!
  • Easy 3 points

0-5 Irons
  • This has got 0 - 0 written all over it

Regardless or not if Jorderz had started it
  • The Zavon Hines Derby
  • This is usually when Dyche gets a result to keep Burnley in the premier league. Not looking forward to this one.
  • The right back Matt Taylor derby
  • Junior Stanislas derby
  • Is this at Turf Moorderz?
  • Joe hart derby
  • Ian Wright derby
  • claret and blue derby
  • edited April 2021
    The Tyrone Mears derby
  • I was going to say earlier that whoever starts this thread will carry on into next season but I didn't have time cos my meal break was over

In Jorderz we Trust!

The Ian Thomas-Moore derby
  • edited April 2021
    Hoping we can select the following side:

Fabianski
    Dawson - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Coufal - Noble - Souček - Masuaku/Fredericks
    Benrahma - Lingard
    Bowen

If Cresswell is not fit, we need to play a back four IMO.
  • Agree with Lukerz, Fornals looked as if he could do with a rest and Benrahma deserves a start

I'd stick with Fredericks at LWB, he was pretty good there yesterday.
  • I think if we can get Cresswell back in the side, plus maybe Rice on the bench (which is the rumour), we’ll have a good chance in this. Burnley are a bit of a bogey side for us but we are not normally as good as we have been this year.
  • Wood seems in good form though
  • You don’t put someone like rice on the bench to then bring him on as a sub IMO. I mean I can’t see the point. If he’s fit enough for the bench, he should be starting with someone replacing him in the game if we don’t risk him for the full 90 mins
  • Watching the Burnley game, not sure that a back five is the way forward, actually.

Fabianski
    Coufal - Diop - Ogbonna - Cresswell/Fredericks
    Rice/Noble - Souček
    Fornals - Benrahma - Lingard
    Bowen
  • You don’t put someone like rice on the bench to then bring him on as a sub IMO. I mean I can’t see the point. If he’s fit enough for the bench, he should be starting with someone replacing him in the game if we don’t risk him for the full 90 mins

I disagree. Players can be fit enough for the bench but not to start. If he’s got 20-30 minutes in him to get him up to speed, and it helps us close out a game, then bring him on, IMO. Noble’s been playing really well, but it’s an upgrade late in the game to bring Declan on. Also, if Rice starts on the bench then we might be able to get Soucek off after an hour to give him a rest for a change.
  • Burnley 3-0 up at wolves
  • Hitting a purple patch in time for us typical
  • Chris Wood reminds me of a budget Harry Kane
  • So the game plan is to do the opposite of what Wolves did, right?

This is a good result for us. It basically secures their safety, and our game becomes less important to them. I’d rather that than them scrapping
  • alderz said:

So the game plan is to do the opposite of what Wolves did, right?

Man mark Chris Woods and don't play tippy-tappy around own penalty area?
  • Hopefully we can expect to see at least one of Antonio, Rice, Masuaku or Cresswell return for this

There is a still a slim chance that we can get top 4 but we need to be at full strength
  • Hopefully we can expect to see at least one of Antonio, Rice, Masuaku or Cresswell return for this

There is a still a slim chance that we can get top 4 but we need to be at full strength

I feel weird being the one saying it, as I’ve spent the whole time saying we won’t get top four and still believe that we won’t. BUT, I don’t see why it’s a slim chance? We have a much kinder run in than Chelsea, imo. We have a very good chance.
  • I'd say we'd have a good chance with a fully fit squad. I think it's a slim chance because our form has dipped and we're missing key players.
  • Get past this one and the team will be building a head of steam for the run-in. IMO four at the back unless Cresswell is fit. I also thought Lanzini was more impressive than Benhrama, but that could be the position he was playing. COYI!