Burnley (A) - Monday 3rd May 8.15pm

Comments

• If anyone is going to drop out of the Top four I reckon Leicester are the most vulnerable looking at their remaining fixtures which include Manchester United, Chelsea & Tottenham.
  • Talk on twitter that Noble is injured.
  • Hamstew said:

Talk on twitter that Noble is injured.

Fornals CM?
  • If Fornals played CM then Soucek would have play the holding midfielder role rather than his preferred box-to-box midfielder.

Conor Coventry has been on the bench for the last three games, he's more of a natural DM/CM than Fornals
  • And I got his name right this time,ASLEF!
  • alderz said:

Hamstew said:

Fornals CM?
    Lanzini, I reckon. Fornals on the left.

Can't see Moyes starting either Benrahma or Coventry with the stakes so high.
  • Might not be the worst thing to be forced into getting a Lanzini or Benrahma into the side.

It’s time to go for it, really. This opportunity won’t come around again for a while, realistically.

I fear we’ll see Johnson shoehorned in somewhere if Noble is out, though.
  • edited May 2021
    Fabianski
    Coufal - Dawson - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Benrahma - Souček - Fornals - Lanzini
    Bowen - Lingard

Got a sneaky feeling Rice may start, but if not then Fornals has to play there. I think Cresswell will be fit for this too.

We have 15 points to play for. Let’s go for it. Let’s stop with the five at the back with 3 stodgy CB’s & Johnson at LWB. Let’s go back to the back four (which is what we played a lot of our best football with) & let’s get attacking players in the side.
  • I really hope you are right Lukerz, Without Rice we don't seem to have the control deeper that allows us to attack as we had begun to. I would hate for our season to fizzle out due to his injury. Even more resentful that it occurred with England, not Dean Ashton level resentful but still resentful.
  • Anthony Taylor is reffing this one, which means Liverpool will somehow get a penalty.
  • alderz said:

Hamstew said:

Fornals CM?
    Lanzini, I reckon. Fornals on the left.

Can't see Moyes starting either Benrahma or Coventry with the stakes so high.
    Lanzini in centre-midfield would means brakes on Soucek marauding upfield. That is not a good idea.
  • Soucek hasn’t really been getting forward much without Rice in the side anyway. I’m comfortable with him sitting deeper if it means our creative players get on the ball around the box
  • I'm coming into this with the Europa pic. Don't want to jinx my own match threads.
  • I'm coming into this with the Europa pic. Don't want to jinx my own match threads.

What’s the conference league logo?
  • Noise on Twitter Antonio is back
  • Back on the treatment table again? 🙈
  • Back once again for the renegade master? 🎶
  • Great news, as long as it is not too quick for his hammies
  • Zero faith in his hamstrings seeing this one out, even if he only gets 20 minutes at the end.

But maybe it's a risk worth taking seeing as we only have five games left.
  • If Mick thinks he’s ok & the medical staff do, given the small amount of games left, we may as well take the gamble. Would be nice to have Cresswell back too.
  • Yes worth taking the risk, only five games left. It's the same with Rice, he has been training for a while now according to the pictures so hopefully he can be included.
  • Yes worth taking the risk, only five games left. It's the same with Rice, he has been training for a while now according to the pictures so hopefully he can be included.

Rice will have one eye on the Euros, so won't want to risk missing that by aggravating an injury. I think he may still be a couple of games away.
  • I don't believe the Antonio rumours for a second. I would be very surprised to see him playing again this season.
  • Well he was training over the weekend
  • Looks like he’s being chased by a pair of giant yellow chopsticks. No wonder he keeps getting injured.
  • Nah, he lost his skis.
  • edited May 2021
    Or they measuring his chest size......XXL IMO....playing or not COYI.....
  • Cresswell looks like he’s available too