Burnley (A) - Monday 3rd May 8.15pm

Comments

• we have been magnificent
  • edited May 2021

Love it when the keeper goes up for a corner i dont know why. I just love it.

✨ drama ✨
  • Never in doubt
  • For all the pain our poor finishing caused, we were absolutely outstanding.
  • edited May 2021
    Big win big 3 points and i think we just broke our record for most away wins in a season and we still have 2 more away games against Brighton and West Brom to come.
  • I hope Lanzini plays well. Miss watching him and I know he’s not been as good since injuries but he’s one of my favourites.

Yay 😀
  • We really make hard work of these games lol. Great win.
  • For me Fornals gets MOM even though Antonio scored twice.
  • Antonio lasts 90 minutes and along with Fornals was magnificent, never stopped running
  • happy happy joy joy
  • 3 points off Chelsea and 5 off Leiecester

They still have to play each other and Chelsea have to play City and Leicester have to play United......

We are very much live dogs in this
  • edited May 2021

22 shots away from home is seriously good. Antonio should have had four himself.
  • Burnley will be coming away from that one delighted with the result
  • Great team performance and a deserved win. could have scored six or more. Benrahma played well though Lingard was a bit quiet by hi standards. Surprised that Antonio played the full 90 minutes.
  • Antonio didn’t deserve MOM in my opinion. Lanzini and Fornals were both immense. But don’t really care as that is a great three points, with a great team performance. Some of the best football that we’ve played in years.
  • edited May 2021

Antonio didn’t deserve MOM in my opinion. Lanzini and Fornals were both immense. But don’t really care as that is a great three points, with a great team performance. Some of the best football that we’ve played in years.

Yeah, I actually think Antonio got more wrong than right tonight. That said, he does make a big difference to the team.

Fornals and Lanzini were very good. I think Dawson had a great game too, considering his form had dipped a bit.
  • Shout out for the ref, thought he was great
  • MrsGrey said:

Am I the only one who watches these days and wonders how, how, how can we be so good when we had most of these players before and we weren't all that

Funny what can be achieved when some decent coaching takes place.
  • Lukerz said:

Shout out for the ref, thought he was great

I was thinking that. I really don't like Taylor, but I thought he got pretty much everything right tonight.
  • Can’t think what all the fuss was about. It was in the bag from our first goal. No pressure just mixed another martini, lit a cigar, tightened the belt on my smoking jacket and looked forward to time added on. 🤭
  • Antonio gets my MOM, coming back from being out for a while through injury, grabbing our 2 goals ... giving us the 3 points... He makes a difference.....
    Also thought Lanzini was class...
    Benrahma is hit and miss for me, I understand many love him , but as many good things he does he’s also IMO wasteful and somewhat frustrating at times to watch...but do I agree if he ever does score !! It might just give him that much needed bit more confidence...
    We were wasteful for sure but it would have been a travesty had we not won....Well played you Irons.....
    ⚒️⚒️⚒️
  • Antonio's post match interview was class

Good to see Coufal getting some respect

Thought his crosses were unreal today...and usually that's the one thing he does really excel at

Nailed on for team of the season
  • Wonderful stuff.One of the best performances of the season, a joy to watch.
  • I think I must be in some sort of parallel Universe. Sky and Carragher having a West Ham love in. Never been known
  • Big Big result as it keeps us in there with a chance.

So many positives, not least Antonio seeing out the 90 and scoring two. If he remains fit and Rice comes back we can give this a proper go.

My big question is why does Moyes not keep being aggressive regard attacking team selection. Had he gone at Man Utd and Chelsea in this way we may have been able to get something from those. He is afraid of big teams to much in my view.
  • A very good result so much more pace and creativity. Hopefully the manager has realised that Noble is the problem and he should not leave players like Benhrama out again to play him.
  • A very good result so much more pace and creativity. Hopefully the manager has realised that Noble is the problem and he should not leave players like Benhrama out again to play him.

Noble getting hate when he hasn’t even played, cool.
  • Only just clocking that Chelsea and Leicester have tricky run-ins, including playing each other.

I sense a pic change on the way.
  • Good to hear Carragher & Henry being positive about us.

Never in doubt as we played in our all conquering All Black away strip.
  • Lukerz said:

Shout out for the ref, thought he was great

I actually didn’t think VAR was used/mentioned tonight. Maybe for the penalty, but the game was better for it IMO.