Wolves v West Ham - Monday April 5th 20.:00

1789101113»

Comments

• But i thought Moyes said it was his hamstring
  • barracks,
    Yes but what I'm saying is hopefully its not a strained hammy but more a dead leg / bruising type injury.
  • IronHerb said:

barracks,
    Yes but what I'm saying is hopefully its not a strained hammy but more a dead leg / bruising type injury.

👍
  • steve said:

But i thought Moyes said it was his hamstring

Moyes said Antonio thought it was his hammy, but Antonio may have confused that with a stamp on the back of his leg (in that area). Surely it’s a bit tricky to know for sure which is which.
  • We're all clutching at straws, me included, but that was his best 30 minute performance this season and if he were to maintain it we would be in clover.
  • Yeah I really hope it's just an impact thing because he was unstoppable. He even hit the target with a long-range shot!
  • Ant always hits the target. But he always aims at the post =)
  • My top non-football moment in the match was Fornals' reaction when he scored...pure joy! I can't remember a squad with so many likeable players. =)
  • edited April 2021
    And what about Noble's "attempt" at tackling Traore on his run for their first goal? Leg breaker If he had connected, but thankfully he's not that fast anymore and Traore skipped over it. But credit must go to Noble for a solid performance.
    And Soucek has some engine. Played all 3 games for Czech republic and then puts in a gutsy 95 min for us.
    Final thought. Dawson marking Messi next season?
  • Antonio has still not scored from outside the box for us I think? He’s hit the post twice this season from outside the area and I think had that one ridiculously ruled out for hand ball against the blunts last season?
  • edited April 2021
    Looking back at the highlights of the game last night I realised the last person who tried to stop Traore from crossing the ball was Jesse Lingard. He certainly brings a winning mentality to the team as you could see how disappointed he was when the header went in.
  • This tweet is to show the similarity in Lingard's flick over compared to Berbatov. What i was impressed with was Masuakus speed! If you look once Lingard has flicked it over the Wolves player, Arthur isn't even in the picture he is easily the furthest of the three players away from the ball yet reaches it first.

• The Berbatov one was what I thought of when I saw it. Seeing the comparison, you see how well Berbatov has done to keep it under his control, while Jessie’s been helped by Masuaku but still such a good piece of skill.
  • I really like Masuaku. I think he gives us so much & given that was his first game for months, I thought he was really good. Gives us a balance we don’t get with Johnson playing on the wrong side, nor do we get that balance with Cresswell.
  • Can’t believe the highlights were 18 minutes! 18 minutes of pure pleasure (given I knew we had managed to hang on). Filled with praise galore and comparisons to Messi etc.
  • edited April 2021

Antonio has still not scored from outside the box for us I think? He’s hit the post twice this season from outside the area and I think had that one ridiculously ruled out for hand ball against the blunts last season?

7 goals, none from outside the penalty area, 5 inside the six yard box.
    Lukerz said:

I really like Masuaku. I think he gives us so much & given that was his first game for months, I thought he was really good. Gives us a balance we don’t get with Johnson playing on the wrong side, nor do we get that balance with Cresswell.

i like Arthur but I still feel nervous whenever he gets close to an opposition player with the ball in our box.
  • Lukerz said:

I really like Masuaku. I think he gives us so much & given that was his first game for months, I thought he was really good. Gives us a balance we don’t get with Johnson playing on the wrong side, nor do we get that balance with Cresswell.

Competition for Masuaku is a must in the summer. Johnson and Cresswell did ok at LWB, but I agree that Arthur brings another dimension to that position.
  • edited April 2021

Antonio has still not scored from outside the box for us I think? He’s hit the post twice this season from outside the area and I think had that one ridiculously ruled out for hand ball against the blunts last season?

7 goals, none from outside the penalty area, 5 inside the six yard box.
    Lukerz said:

i like Arthur but I still feel nervous whenever he gets close to an opposition player with the ball in our box.
    I actually think I've heard that Antonio has never scored a goal outside the box for us, not just this season.

LWB suits Masuaku because it gets us away from the box. He's good at the tracking back part of defending in terms of defending a cross from outside but once he's inside our box, I agree it gets worrying.

• edited April 2021
    Watching the game back, I am still not overly sure what formation we were playing. It often seemed to be:

Fabianski
    Coufal - Diop - Dawson - Cresswell
    Fornals - Souček - Noble - Masuaku
    Lingard
    Antonio

I think we did play as a back five at times, but I think the majority of the first half we were a back four.
  • Lukerz said:

Watching the game back, I am still not overly sure what formation we were playing. It often seemed to be:

Fabianski
    Coufal - Diop - Dawson - Cresswell
    Fornals - Souček - Noble - Masuaku
    Lingard
    Antonio

I think we did play as a back five at times, but I think the majority of the first half we were a back four.

I agree - couldn’t work out our formation at times, but it seemed to work!
  • I think that is why I was getting frustrated at watching Masuaku. I expected him to be playing as a wingback, but he seemed sometimes to be playing up with Lingard and Antonio.