Wolves v West Ham - Monday April 5th 20.:00

Comments

• We just haven't kept the ball for any meaningful period in this second half, exactly the same as the Arsenal game.

Inviting way too much pressure.
  • Lingard been a bit sloppy this half. Trying to be too clever with little flicks, when we really just need to keep the ball.
  • Lingard injured now. Hope it’s cramp not hamstring.
  • happy happy joy joy
  • And breath.........
  • Phew....

That was too close

Huge 3 points
  • Thank heavens for that!
  • Noble was great
  • Jesus I couldn't brake much more of that. Great win in the end but we've got huge problems going forward.
  • That was a superb result
  • its some bottle to hold on
  • Well at least we are scoring freely

Will feel much better once Ogbonna is back...
  • I would have taken a home win with Arsenal and a draw tonight. The other way around is a good return
  • We won. 🥳
  • Pleased and mighty relieved but can DM try a bit harder with his game management as it isn't clever to be three goals up, well it is actually great, but what isn't is then having to try to hang onto the lead as we got our fingers burnt by Arsenal and nearly did it again tonight.
  • Absolutely brilliant
  • go start the next thread pls
  • Ironherb FTW
  • Having previously had stents inserted into blocked arteries each time I have any medical consultations or forms to fill in I’m always asked if I ever get stressed and I always answer no. This is true because in real life I don’t but I forget about Hammer time and the 100 or so minutes I put myself through to watch them.
    I’m sure when I do go one of the causes of death on the certificate will be Hammers fan.
  • Excellent result. Huge for our confidence that we kept the lead... If only just.
  • Very nervous at the end, but a well earned 3 points. Played some great football in the first half. Think we forget we could easily have lost that game in any other season, but we held on having scored three great goals. That’s the type of performance we want (although it doesn’t do the nerves any good!).

Shout out to Noble. It was a poisoned chalice replacing Rice, but he did OK.
  • I am so relieved as I am not sure we would have psychologically recovered from throwing away two 3-0 leads in two games.

Unfortunately with Rice being side lined and now Antonio injured things are looking very difficult. We may rely on some fight and spirit to take us through.
  • A hard won game with a Jekyll and Hide performance. Didn't miss Rice for the first 30 minutes and then we became shy in the last 55 minutes. Masuraku did OK and hopefully will get fitter for the next game. Fornals, as always, ran his socks off. Not sure that Dawson-Diop combination works as well Dawson-Ogbonna. I don't think Diop even jumped for the first Wolves goal. Hopefully, the knocks to Antonio, Lingard and Soucek are not serous and they would be fit for the next game. Meanwhile, let us enjoy the 4th spot.
  • I thought Masuaku gave us something different today
  • Pleased and mighty relieved but can DM try a bit harder with his game management as it isn't clever to be three goals up, well it is actually great, but what isn't is then having to try to hang onto the lead as we got our fingers burnt by Arsenal and nearly did it again tonight.

Not really sure what Moyes can do? He isn't on the pitch.

He can talk before and during the game, but there's a point where players are in control.
  • Also 5 very good goals - great for the neutral
  • edited April 2021
    Only recently had to have my blood pressure tablets dosage increased... this kind of game ain’t any good for it, but so sweet to get the result ...
    As Scott said, fair play to Noble, he didn’t IMO look out of place...
    ⚒️⚒️⚒️
  • Declan who?

Oh yeah, that young fella who is a bit Bobby.
    He will be back soon to control the game. Until then, let’s just enjoy what we have.
  • Lukerz said:

I thought Masuaku gave us something different today

One of the big things we miss without Rice is the ability to drive us up the pitch. Lingard, Antonio, Rice, Masuaku and Benrahma are the most capable of running with the ball and we need at least two of them on the pitch at any one time, IMO.

I hope Masuaku, Lingard and Benrahma all play next game, particularly if Antonio is out
  • So IH has pulled off an amazing result - by my calculations, that means it is Jorderz for the next match thread...