Wolves v West Ham - Monday April 5th 20.:00

Comments

• That was an entertaining game with 5 very good goals. Bit nervy obviously but we worked hard to get the win. Antonio had his best thirty minutes for ages. We need to hold onto the ball more but we are devastating on the break so maybe we can't have it both ways. Of course we missed Rice. Where he goes towards the player with the ball Nobes backs off and so we are opened up easier.
    Still, fourth in the table and top London side.

COYI
  • The big plus 0 own goals :)
  • I thought Masuaku was good tonight and considering he has been out for months he looked very sharp. He made that second goal by following Lingard upfield and showed a burst of speed worthy of a sprinter to reach Lingards tap through first, and then delivered a perfect ball for Fornell's. His influence on the match waned as it went on as you would expect but he looked really sharp for that fist half hour.

• Not sure if Antonio was seriously injured or whether that was more a precaution given we were 2-0 up
  • I think we are still top of the Hitting the Woodwork table too. 🥳
  • Maybe it was just me, but I thought Masuaku was caught in no man's land too often off the ball tonight.
    Don't mind being wrong if others saw it differently.
  • Moyes says Antonio felt his hamstring
  • Jorderz, I thought he had Mark Noble on the pitch to go around the players ensuring they kept focused which a captain is supposed to do a la a Keane or Vieira?
  • I think Masuaku was maybe a little too high soon. But he also did some good work where in tight spaces in our own half he was able to wriggle free and push us upfield. We don't have anyone else who can get really confidently take us from a defensive position and put the opposition on the back foot, especially without Rice. It wasn't Masuaku's best game and I think he tired - you could see Moyes talking to Ben Johnson straight after half time - but I think he made a difference.
  • Forgetting that we had both centre-halves booked in the first ten minutes, so reluctance in tackles was maybe understandable.
  • Some funny old comments on here and elsewhere about Noble. Personally I thought he had a pretty solid game and didn’t let anybody down.
  • Three cracking goals though, that first half hour was some of the best stuff we have played in years
  • He should've made it harder for Neto to make that pass for their second but otherwise he was good. I think this was a better suited line-up for him though. He looks lost when he's the third wheel alongside Soucek and Rice. He had a clear role and did it well.
  • 4th with 8 games to go, that’s incredible
  • So do I start the Leicester thread? 🤷‍♂️
  • Just seen an interesting comment from a Utd fan

Lingard pre Christmas not good enough for Utd.
    Lingard post Christmas too good for Utd.
  • Looks like I missed a good game. Just seen the score and been catching up with the reaction on social media; sounds like we had a brilliant first half and a nervy second? Understandable I guess after Arsenal, but thankfully we held on this time.

Concerning to read that Antonio and Lingard might be injured. Would be very West Ham to lose three key players to injury inside a week.
  • IronHerb said:

So do I start the Leicester thread? 🤷‍♂️

I think we broke the superstition Ironherb
  • IronHerb said:

So do I start the Leicester thread? 🤷‍♂️

I think we broke the superstition Ironherb
    And almost destroyed all of our hearts along the way.
  • Looks like I missed a good game. Just seen the score and been catching up with the reaction on social media; sounds like we had a brilliant first half and a nervy second? Understandable I guess after Arsenal, but thankfully we held on this time.

Concerning to read that Antonio and Lingard might be injured. Would be very West Ham to lose three key players to injury inside a week.

Almost 100% certain Lingard was cramp
  • Chelsea have a lot of difficult fixtures in April. They play 6 times to our 3 for the rest of the month with a double header against Porto and a semi final against City. Liverpool have a double header against Real Madrid. I f we can keep taking points it's quite possible those two will drop here and there with the demands of those fixtures in between their league matches.
  • Lukerz said:

Looks like I missed a good game. Just seen the score and been catching up with the reaction on social media; sounds like we had a brilliant first half and a nervy second? Understandable I guess after Arsenal, but thankfully we held on this time.

Almost 100% certain Lingard was cramp
    Hope so. With Antonio's hamstrings on the way out again we're going to need him up front.
  • Newcastle
    Burnley
    Brighton
    West Brom
    Southampton

5 of our remaining 8
  • I'd add Everton to that list.
  • edited April 2021
    Lukerz said:

Newcastle
    Burnley
    Brighton
    West Brom
    Southampton

5 of our remaining 8

It's in our hands. And that kinda makes it worse. Need to be targeting a minimum of 11 points from those games.
  • The two sides who will test our defence the most for the remainder of the season will be Leicester and Brighton IMO
  • I loved Moyes' post-match interview. He was very smiley and excited and was basically just saying why not go all out for Champions League.

Feels like that's the attitude running through the team, especially in out forward play. We have nothing to lose, we have no pressure like Chelsea, Spurs or Liverpool to get 4th.

Let's just go all out and have fun trying to get into the Champions League.
  • Tonight was the eighth time we have scored three or more goals in a league game this season. Only United and City have done it more.
  • Bowen has 7 league goals this season? He’s our second top scorer behind Souček.