Couldn't think....part 4

Comments

• alderz said:

I don’t think I’ve ever used the Holocaust as a descriptive word, so I really don’t understand why football pundits seem to struggle with it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59448567

Nuclear holocaust?
  • MrsGrey said:

alderz said:

I don’t think I’ve ever used the Holocaust as a descriptive word, so I really don’t understand why football pundits seem to struggle with it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59448567

Nuclear holocaust?
    I meant as a throwaway comment. I think a nuclear holocaust is an appropriate use of the word. I’m not sure a football match is.
  • Yes, I don't disagree. I just think that a holocaust ( lower case) is nowadays used often to mean a complete disaster. Closer to it's original sense/ usage.
  • MrsGrey said:

Yes, I don't disagree. I just think that a holocaust ( lower case) is nowadays used often to mean a complete disaster. Closer to it's original sense/ usage.

That's the problem with hyperbolic misuse of language.
    A hero used to be someone who shows great courage in the face of mortal danger, now you only have to score 2 goals against the Chavs.
  • Legend is another one banded about. Some "legends" they refer to aren't even legends in their lunchtime.
  • “Survivor “ is another one.
    Survived a plane crash or survived the holocaust is meant to be what it’s for, not ‘cos some 70’s DJ touched your knee.
  • Slacker said:

“Survivor “ is another one.
    Survived a plane crash or survived the holocaust is meant to be what it’s for, not ‘cos some 70’s DJ touched your knee.

I disagree with this very strongly. People who have been victims of sexual assaults are rightly referred to as survivors.
  • alderz said:

Slacker said:

“Survivor “ is another one.

I disagree with this very strongly. People who have been victims of sexual assaults are rightly referred to as survivors.
    The problem was/is that the serious crimes were bunched together in the media with petty incidents, hence my post.
  • I’m sure that the ‘petty’ crimes are serious to the victims
  • In terms of ********” touched my knee and I was off work for a month” you mean?
    Or just serious enough to flog to the tabloids for a couple of grand?
  • Sorry, are you saying that you think the reason people report sexual assault is because they can sell a story to the tabloids? I just want to make sure I'm reading you right.
  • Obviously not.
  • Ray Kennedy passed away. Class player
  • Kennedy deserves the legend label. Won more with Arsenal and Liverpool than any other player. I never understood why Arsenal let him leave.
  • Does anyone own a firestick? I recently bought one and I’m trying to figure out how to watch/stream football on it for free.
  • I've seen a lot about that on social media but never known how it works?
  • Bowen made Garth Crooks team of the week who starts off " I have never been a great fan of Jarrod Bowen" then he pick a Spurs player for keeping a clean sheet against the team bottom of the table.
  • Bowen made Garth Crooks team of the week who starts off " I have never been a great fan of Jarrod Bowen" then he pick a Spurs player for keeping a clean sheet against the team bottom of the table.

He also said how Bowen doesn't score enough, and then said that he won a penalty because of Mendy's mistake, and didn't even mention his goal?

I noticed his comment re Bowen. It seems he HAD to put him in, but then proceeded to criticise- laughable!😂⚒
  • Garth Crooks with a column.....why????
  • ITK on KUMB says Zouma has done his ACL too and is out for the season
  • Lukerz said:

ITK on KUMB says Zouma has done his ACL too and is out for the season

I refuse to believe this.
  • edited December 2021

Lukerz said:

ITK on KUMB says Zouma has done his ACL too and is out for the season

I refuse to believe this.
    West Ham, innit. I believe it.
  • It’s perfectly plausible as anything ruling Zouma out for 5 months or more basically ends his season given we are nearly at Xmas & it ends in May. If it is a knee injury, then 3 months minimum is normal but average is usually 6 months. We’ll need two CBs in January, I would suggest, one with the aim of replacing Oggy long term as not sure he will ever now recover at his age & become a regular again.
  • Kurt missed over 30 games in 2016 due to an ACL injury. He has missed a further one game since then linked to knee problems.
    Let's hope it is just a knock🙏
  • Thiago Silva 37.
  • Does anyone own a firestick? I recently bought one and I’m trying to figure out how to watch/stream football on it for free.

Does anyone own a firestick? I recently bought one and I’m trying to figure out how to watch/stream football on it for free.

I’ve got one and had it “ fixed” by a bloke who knows about these things.
    Hope you can get it done as it’s well worth it.

Might be worth doing a search on Facebook Market.
  • I wonder what Winston Reid is doing. ;)
This discussion has been closed.