Couldn't think....part 4

Comments

• That's Rodgers free to 'concentrate on the league now'.
  • Does he know which league though?
  • Not worth phoning Conte Spurs will probably be out soon they need to play Rennes game before 31 Dec and I think the French League breaks over Xmas so they are going to struggle to fit that game in might aswell give it as 3-0 win to Rennes and save on the misery . Although they need to pay for thier cheese room at the new stadium so probably need the cash
  • So the PM's Press Spokesman spoke at the party that didn't take place. Money for old rope that job.
  • I talk rubbish all the time, I could do the job for half the price.
  • I never comment on British politics, (even Brexit) as I 've lived abroad since 1988. But the present government is so embarrassing that I now answer 'nein' when I'm asked if I'm English. Well if they can lie, surely I'm allowed to? 🙂
  • worst government at the worst time imaginable. Some of the things they are doing whilst we talk about parties and wall paper is shocking. Only this week the nationality and borders bill barely got a mention but the party was on every front page.

In my view Plato's views on democracy have never been more validated.
  • Boris is about to discover that the back bench MPs on the 1922 committee run the Tory party and once you've served your usefulness you get discarded

Same thing happened with Ted Heath, Maggie Thatcher, John Major, William Hague, Michael Howard, Ian Duncan-Doughnuts and Theresa May.

Once you become more of a liability than an asset they will destroy you
  • See the Champions League draw has to be redrawn due to a mistake in the original one. Any rumours about Manchester United not wanting to play PSG are just that! 😁
  • edited December 2021
    So first the FIA mess up and now UEFA. Good to see the world of sport is in safe hands. 🤦‍♂️
  • Claret & Hugh report Ben Johnson back for Norwich game & he is training this week.
  • On the bench I would suspect but it is good news if this is true.
  • Lukerz said:

Claret & Hugh report Ben Johnson back for Norwich game & he is training this week.

Ex saying Johnson is ahead of schedule and due back by the end of January.
  • Wombat is going to be really upset by what is happening at the Eithad! 😁
  • edited December 2021
    Some insight into the origins of the Boleyn Ground

• Some insight into the origins of the Boleyn Ground

Sigh

A total load of twaddle

Richard Bream didn't acquire the manor of East Ham until the dissolution of Stratford Langthorne Abbey in 1538, two years after Anne Boleyn was executed.

Bream boasted that Henry used to visit Boleyn at a property he owned before they were married and he did rent a house to her brother George in Greenwich near to the palace.

Just proves that YouTube is full of rubbish
  • I was going to watch it but I'm not going to now. 😄
  • Newcastle “linked” to just about every player in Europe.
    I’ve texted Eddie and told him I’m in the gym 3 days a week and my boots are ready and dubbined.
  • I had to Google what dubbin is
  • I had to Google what dubbin is

he is just behind Rudolph and next to Prancer I think
  • edited December 2021
    All of us oldies remember having to dubbin our boots each week to keep them feeling something like leather and not sheets of steel especially as they came up over your ankles and could sever your foot.
    The other part of the ritual was rubbing white horse oil into you legs in winter and then dreading getting into a bath when you got home because you knew what to expect.
  • Thorn - why don't I know about white horse oil.
  • Thorn - why don't I know about white horse oil.

I bet you know about White Horse whisky ;) =)
  • edited December 2021
    We're on the box twice in February

Tue 8 Feb Watford 7.45pm BT Sport.

Sun 13 Feb Leicester 4.30pm Sky Sports

The other part of the ritual was rubbing white horse oil into you legs in winter

How do you get oil from a white horse?

Actually I don't think i want to know...
  • IronHerb said:
    That 'excellent' is only valid if it actually happens (as there's nothing solid in the article suggesting so) ;)
  • All of us oldies remember having to dubbin our boots each week to keep them feeling something like leather and not sheets of steel especially as they came up over your ankles and could sever your foot.
    The other part of the ritual was rubbing white horse oil into you legs in winter and then dreading getting into a bath when you got home because you knew what to expect.

Was always thankful for White Horse oil.
    We played on Wanstead Flats on frozen pitches, dodging the doggy doo and no showers. When you copped a full volley on the inside of your thigh you didn’t half know it, but the White Horse helped - until it wore off. 😳

• For those interested in Formula 1, a classy statement has been released by Mercedes AMG Petronas: https://www.mercedesamgf1.com/en/news/2021/12/mercedes-amg-f1-team-statement-abu-dhabi-gp/

My wife and daughter also very much appreciated how they had put "... women and men ..." in the last paragraph.
This discussion has been closed.