Couldn't think....part 4

Comments

• I suppose it was lucky Rice, Lingard and Antonio weren't playing. =)
  • Dawson's penalty was the best one. Cold-blooded.

I was convinced he was going to blast it over.

Saw Benrahma’s again. At the time I thought he was lucky because of the height and how close the keeper got but he placed it perfectly into the side netting.
  • The camera behind the goal for the penalties was really irritating.
  • I liked it.
  • I always think it unfair to describe a penalty saved by the keeper as 'missed'. So Notes penalty against ManU should have been described as 'saved' - if the keeper had not been there he would have scored.

Now this is what I call 'missing a penalty': https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/59088923
  • I think this is my favourite and always will be!

• https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2021/october/29-october/where-are-they-now-leo-chambers

For anyone who hasn't seen this article on the official site, you might want to have a quick read.

Leo Chambers, who's early promise was scuppered by injury. It's nice to hear what he says about the senior professionals he worked with. Glad he's doing well for himself outside football.
  • Didn't realise it was Diop 100th game for us on Wednesday, what a massive achievement at his age.

Judging from the comments on this David Gold originally posted a pic of Xande Silva ;doh

• Missed the big boys and got Spurs away. COYI
  • Hate spurs ,oh sorry wrong thread =)
  • edited October 2021
    Herb, I have a tiny suspicion we might need a dedicated thread for this... why don't you do the honours?
  • Are Spurs worth a dedicated thread =)
  • MrsGrey said:

Herb, I have a tiny suspicion we might need a dedicated thread for this... why don't you do the honours?

As requested. 👍
  • Jeff Stelling will be leaving Sky & Soccer Saturday at the end of the season. Not massive breaking news but I associate him with my love for football we ever since I got into it (around 11) it was him who I watched on the TV that helped me become addicted to the sport.
  • I think a year of Merson, Morrison and Sherwood is enough for anyone.
  • England just mullered the Aussies in the cricket. Boom!
  • It was great!!!
  • Lukerz said:

Jeff Stelling will be leaving Sky & Soccer Saturday at the end of the season. Not massive breaking news but I associate him with my love for football we ever since I got into it (around 11) it was him who I watched on the TV that helped me become addicted to the sport.

A shame that Lukerz. Lot of respect for Jeff. Don't suppose he is going back to presenting Countdown though?! He is better than the two that followed him!
  • England just mullered the Aussies in the cricket. Boom!

After the first game I was expecting their net runrate to go down. Instead, two impressive wins later, it is still way up high.
  • I really can’t get into 20/20 cricket, it just looks to me like glorified baseball , and as for The Hundred……..
    God I’m old.
  • Just got back from a short holiday with my missus in Rome. Wednesday night in a little family restaurant, the Dad and son were watching football and suddenly started cheering loudly. I looked up who it could have been and saw that Roma were losing and Lazio were winning. I pulled up a picture on the net of PDC on my mobile and showed Dad and then pointed to myself saying West Ham. Dad and son were oltre la Luna as they say over there. =)
    Then on Friday, walking along Viale di Trastevere (oo-er missus =) ) saw a bloke with a West Ham hoodie sweatshirt, so of course had to stop and shake his hand - he was a little confused until I pointed at the badge and myself. =)
  • Amazing here us lot turn up .........

Walking down Nathan Road in HK in April 2019 wearing a West Ham themed Hawiaan shirt and heard a chorus of "Irons Irons" from the other side of the road.

Mrs E was a slight distance from being impressed =)
  • I’ve seen West Ham supporters in almost every country I’ve been to. Winds my mates up every holiday 🤣
  • alderz said:

That’s very unpleasant news. Let’s hope he’s alright.

Needs a liver transplant, apparently ( BBC report)
  • Good article here - Chris Wilder talking about the Moyesiah.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59113397
  • Watching the cricket and there’s a huge West Ham flag
  • edited November 2021
    Ben Johnson has made the whoscored U21 team of the month:

https://www.whoscored.com/Articles/-QExNx5Uc0Wpt7bfyzf16g/Show/Rennes-sensation-Sulemana-makes-U21-Team-of-the-Month-in-Europe

"Right-back: Ben Johnson (West Ham) - 7.57 rating
    Academy graduate Ben Johnson has given David Moyes a big problem going forward now Vladimir Coufal is back fit, as the 21-year-old has flourished in his absence. Johnson scored the first goal of his Premier League career at the weekend to cap a fine spell for the youngster. Johnson completed every tackle he made in October, remarkable averaging 4.7 of them per game."

Ignoring the error about his first PL goal, an impressive write up.
  • Imagine how good you would have to be to keep Coufal from the first eleven. Luckily there are plenty of games to go around this year so it will just mean both can be kept fresh.
  • Fredericks can't be happy...
This discussion has been closed.