Couldn't think....part 4

Comments

• How weird given it’s a year to the day since the ‘LANZINI’
  • edited October 2021
    Time changes

Brighton (h) Wed 1st Dec 7.30pm (Amazon Prime)
    Chelsea (h) Sat 4th Dec 12.30pm (BT Sport)
    Burnley (a) Sun 12th Dec 2pm (no TV)
    Arsenal (a) Wed 15th Dec 8pm (BT Sport)
    Watford (a) Tue 28 Dec 3pm (Amazon Prime)
    Palace (a) Sat 1 Jan 5.30pm (Sky Sports)
  • I watched Searching for Sugar Man last night. What a brilliant documentary, unbelievable that no one outside of South Africa has ever heard of him.
  • Exactly hahaha
  • Musician.
  • Rodriguez is the musician. The documentary is on sky documentaries at the moment, very very good.
  • I watched it on Amazon Prime.
  • I watched Searching for Sugar Man last night. What a brilliant documentary, unbelievable that no one outside of South Africa has ever heard of him.

It's one of the all-time music documentaries IMO, Preston. Even though some of it is a little bit overegged, it's a superb bit of film. And I love his music - the lad had real talent.

Not listened to him for ages, but now you've remnded me, gonna listen to him now, cheers PH!
  • edited October 2021
    I'm ashamed to admit that one of my daughters gave me the DVD for Christmas a few years ago and I've yet to watch it. I hope she doesn't read anything on here. ;)
  • For those who don't mind how old our team is as long as they are beating Spurs.

• the kid seems to know how to take penalties perhaps we should stick him on the bench =)
  • 'glorified Europa League with a big budget' :p
  • edited October 2021
    Pretty soon Ronaldo will be in charge in all but name. OGS is on his way out in my view. I think he will hold the primary influence in the dressing room.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59020558
  • Our U23s smashed Man U 6-0 earlier.

Oko-Flex with a brace, Nevers, Baptiste, Perkins and an OG.

Looks like there's a bit of genuine talent in the Academy this season.

I watched it this evening due to your recommendation and really enjoyed it, astonishing story. Thanks for the nod.
  • Big question

Why are so many footballers wearing sports bras?

• You know the answer. It’s to foster gender neutral football.
    Of course really it’s monitoring their body regarding heart rates, blood pressures etc
  • How low can Beckham sink. It’s rumoured is tying up a £150M deal to be the Qatar World Cup ambassador. Is there anything this bloke wouldn’t do for publicity or money.
  • You mean you wouldn’t do it for £150m?
  • No I wouldn’t. He’s an ambassador for UNICEF and some human rights organisations so how can he equate what he’s doing with that.
  • Not if I'm already worth double that and taking money off Qataris, then no from me.
  • 150m buys a lot of humble pie, just saying
  • All that money we paid him and it's like he never even played for us!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59064569
  • That’s very unpleasant news. Let’s hope he’s alright.
  • We discussed who should take penalties recently: apart from Nobes, none of the other four got a mention! Moyes went for the dead ball experts and experience. Dawson was the surprise, I expected Soucek to take one. It seems Moyes knows more than me - what a surprise. 😯
  • We discussed who should take penalties recently: apart from Nobes, none of the other four got a mention! Moyes went for the dead ball experts and experience. Dawson was the surprise, I expected Soucek to take one. It seems Moyes knows more than me - what a surprise. 😯

Bowen, Cresswell and Benrahma came up recently when I looked at penalty stats. I’m pretty sure Benrahma has a 100% record, Bowen had a not so perfect record, and Cresswell hasn’t taken a pen outside of a shout-out since 2011 when he missed one for Tranmere. Dawson was a surprise though!
  • Dawson's penalty was the best one. Cold-blooded.
  • I mentioned Cresswell & Bowen in the aftermath of the United game. ;)
This discussion has been closed.