Couldn't think....part 4

Comments

• My missus and me were wandering around a garden centre (yup, it’s come to that) on a really warm early September day and in the shop they were stacking the shelves with reindeers, Santa’s and all the other clobber.
    The poor women doing the stacking were sweating cobs.
  • Two of our garden centres have had all their Christmas stuff out since mid September, even the huge automaton stuff.
    Kids must wonder what’s going on when they’re told it’s 90odd sleeps until Santa.
  • IronHerb said:

I haven't seen any shortages.

You must be one of the lucky ones. Over 50% of our normal family shop was unavailable last week.
  • I got 100% of my shop.
  • I got 75.76% of mine
  • I got 75.76% of mine

OK, so there's a shortage of Beluga Caviar and Dom Perignon 😂
  • Whats going on over there,Here in Canada theres no shortage of anything ,if ever there was i would just go hunt a bear =)
  • My staff said there were no shortages in Fortnums, selfridges or M&S. although they had to queue in Waitrose.
  • I sent my butler out 3 hours ago for some foie gras and the damned lackie still isn't back
  • yoyo said:

I sent my butler out 3 hours ago for some foie gras and the damned lackie still isn't back

probably still stuffing the goose, times is tough
  • A shortage of Christmas tat could be a blessing in disguise....
  • I read a report that Jarod Bowen is seeing Dani Dyer, god help the poor fella going over for Sunday lunch and having to listen to her Dad's East end stories, probably mostly made up.
  • c&bsky, It could be a lot worse he might want him to explain why he missed an open goal the day before. =)
  • Rice starting tonight ,Did hope he would get this one off as well
  • England poor at least Kane got subbed
  • Mason mount is the most overrated player in the world.
  • Hamstew said:

Mason mount is the most overrated player in the world.

Ryan Fredericks likes this comment
  • Poor man's Ross Berkley
  • I really like Mason Mount I think he’s top quality, but being on the Ballon d’Or shortlist is a bit much
  • I am with you Alderz, I just wanted to use the most cutting barb I could think of for a Chelsea midfielder.
  • https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/58903956
    David Brooks of Bournemouth diagnosed with the dreaded “C”….

Value you’re health….

A fine young player, here’s to a speedy, full recovery….🤞❤️
  • A great comment from Daniel Farke, taken from BBC Gossip
    “Chelsea may have to reverse their decision to send Scotland midfielder Billy Gilmour, 20, out on loan to Norwich after Canaries manager Daniel Farke said "we are not here to develop players for other clubs". (Sunday Express)”

I have never understood why clubs do this. Fine with an option to buy, but otherwise …
  • edited October 2021
    It’s my big problem with the loan system. At Premier League and Championship, they will mostly just treat the player as backup unless they’re proven already or exceptionally talented. They view it as a risk because there’s too much at stake. Diangana was a rare example of a successful loan spell above League 1. Better to send them to Germany.
  • Dodger58 said:

I have never understood why clubs do this. Fine with an option to buy, but otherwise …

The host club develops the player, but also gets the player's services which for a season which, presumably, they want because it is a cost-effective way (what they can afford?).

I can't see a problem if both sides are happy - parent club usually pays (part of?) wages throughout the loan for example. Host club gets a player they need. What I don't understand is loans where the host club borrows a player to sit on the bench.

I suppose the situation differs according to whether the loanee is a youth player, or a player with genuine pedigree.
  • I understand that Mrs Grey, but as Farke is implying he would rather develop his own, I share that view.
  • Oh ok. I took it to mean that Norwich would use loanees as they saw fit, rather than promise certain amounts of game time etc.
  • The issue I have is when rich clubs, in this case Chelsea, have players that are loaned out supposedly as part of their development. They appear to own the player simply to keep them out of the hands of (potential) competitors.

For example, if we were looking at a striker in January to strengthen and he suddenly was bought by Chelsea, then loaned out straight away - we would lose out, and the player may lose out on first team experience in the premiership. At the same time Chelsea may have weakened a competitor.
  • 1 match stadium ban for England, can't say I'm surprised
  • Very much deserved
  • U23s are playing Spurs tonight. 37 minutes gone and it's 3-3... 🙃
This discussion has been closed.