Here by popular demand: West Ham v Spurs; 21/02/21, high noon

Comments

• People hate it but i love Jose's mind games. Spectacular when they backfire and adds some nice spice to games.
  • edited February 2021
    I don’t hate it. I find it embarrassing, not clever. To say we have played one game a week when it’s pretty clear every team has played at least 3 a week since September is just a lie and makes him look stupid. The Europa has been on a break since 2020 so he can’t use that as an excuse. They went out of the FA Cup the same as us & beat a load of Championship teams to get to the League Cup final.

I’m all for clever/smart football psychology (mind games), but it has to be decent, not just lies.
  • He is just so predictable and getting his excuses in early. Following our victory he will go on about fixture congestion, Kanes fitness, the ref and anything else that comes to mind. I'm with Lukerz on this. he's embarrassing.
  • Herb 👍

He used to be good at it, but then he used to be good at football management too.
  • He’s probably strutting around with his usual arrogance after Spurs’ stunning win yesterday against the team that frankly I’d never even heard of.
  • Perhaps he is resigned to the fact that Spurs will drop further and we will go up a place or two in the league
  • Lukerz said:

Herb 👍

He used to be good at it, but then he used to be good at football management too.

I’d suggest the titles he’s won gives him some leeway on football subjects and to say he used to be a good manager isn’t right but only imo
  • Sky also go for 1-2
  • I would, in a Kevin Keegan type way, love to beat them this weekend as it would put daylight between us and make it really hard for them to reach Champions League spots without a pretty special run.

I actually think a draw is most probable. 1-1 for me.
  • It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Seems to me both teams are most comfortable playing on the break and conceding the initiative in terms of possession, so something will have to give.

We let Liverpool play too much and it backfired. On the other hand, going at Spurs too aggressively might play directly into their hands.
  • We need to play the same as normal sit deep and press the opposition in our half and break quickly against Liverpool we did not press them well.
  • I hope we have a bit more gumption than we did in the Utd cup game, we showed them too much respect. Moyes generally gets his selection right. A hard fought tight win for us.
  • Moyes seems confident that Antonio will be available and reckons he was close to being fit on Monday.
  • This match will really test the defence with Ogbonna out but no one has let anyone down yet and Diop even got a goal On Monday.
  • Looking at the other fixtures Leicester Vs Villa and Liverpool Vs Everton means should we win we will really pull away from one or two or even close on Leicester.

Big match, lets hope we can do it.
  • Seen this posted somewhere

“Harry and Meghan have contacted Spurs to ask them what it’s like to live without a title”
  • MrsGrey said:

Loss.

Are you HamStew in disguise,
    are you HamStew in disguise.
  • MrsGrey said:

Loss.

Are you HamStew in disguise,
    are you HamStew in disguise.
    What other chants work with users replacing words?

The referees a Lukerz,
    The referees a Lukerz
  • We’ve got Jorderz,
    We’ve got Jorderz,
    I just don’t think you understand...
  • edited February 2021
    Ain't nobody,
    Like MrsG,
    Makes me happy,
    Plays the West Ham Way
  • When the ball hits your head
    and you sit in row Z,
    it’s Chicago
  • Whatever happens in tomorrow’s game we will remain in 5th place at the very least.
  • I have to say I'm not in any way bovvered about where we are in the table.

At no point was 'we were 5th on 21st Feb' ever a thing...
  • Being 5th on any day of the season is a thing. In nearly 70 years of being a fan I’ve not seen it that many times so I’ll enjoy it while it lasts because we won’t be there at the end of the season.
  • Being 5th on any day of the season is a thing. In nearly 70 years of being a fan I’ve not seen it that many times so I’ll enjoy it while it lasts because we won’t be there at the end of the season.

Nah, we'll be looking down at 5th 😉
  • It may well not be a thing.......Good thought ain't it!?
  • 5th is the poor man's 4th.
  • This match is totally unpredictable. It's usually a 'fight to cancel their quality and hope for a goal ' attitude, but this time we're playing better. So will Bale and Son turn up? Will we score from a corner? Will either side have a top cf? This all makes me more nervous than usual...
  • Yes moyes said he’s over his FATIGUE and as trained for past 3 days