Here by popular demand: West Ham v Spurs; 21/02/21, high noon

Comments

• Corner...

Dawson header saved. Another corner...
  • Diop header goes out for a throw in.

As you were.
  • Good corners , right into the danger area
  • Struggling to maintain possession at the moment. Big holes in our midfield, too.

Noble for Bowen at half time I reckon.
  • According to the match stats they’ve had seven shots? I don’t remember that many. I think I only remember the Kane effort that went wide...
  • Struggling to maintain possession at the moment. Big holes in our midfield, too.

Noble for Bowen at half time I reckon.

Half time is too early imo. Noble coming on surrenders the initiative too much and a whole half will be a lot to ride out
  • Rice is some player!!

Driving runs from midfield relieving pressure

Need more from Bowen/Fornals....they need to help us get up the pitch like Lingard is....
  • alderz said:

According to the match stats they’ve had seven shots? I don’t remember that many. I think I only remember the Kane effort that went wide...

Moura skyed one ... Erm, someone hit the side netting?
  • Bowen spending a lot of time running back covering our right. He's chasing back well
  • I think they’ve had three off target attempts and a couple of blocks.
  • Too many loose passes from us
  • They’re getting closer.
  • yoyo said:

Bowen spending a lot of time running back covering our right. He's chasing back well

That he's doing well, but he's been given the ball when we've broke and lost it almost everytime....yes he's doing the dirty work but there is opportunity on the counter and he's not doing well enough

Compare that to Lingard on the other flank who's been explosive and decisive, running at the right time and passing at the right time
  • I know we are comfortable playing like this but it’s not good for my nerves
  • Timmy Gillit and Curbs in the studio!
  • I hope they don’t do what Utd and Liverpool did and that’s come out with a changed plan and overrun us. We need more composure on the ball as they are extremely dangerous on the break.
  • We need to do a bit more in possession & on the counter. As the game goes on I can just see us dropping deeper & that will play into Kane’s hands.
  • When you can't love Soucek anymore he pulls out an Alvin Martin impression for you.
  • Who's Tommy Gillit?
  • Personally thought Bowen had a good 1st half, earned lots of fouls and a fantastic assist for the goal....COYI.
  • Or Timmy or is that Sherwood?
  • edited February 2021
    We lost our way a bit when we had to settle for a stifle approach after Souček went off & haven’t really got out of that mindset. Hoping half time will help.
  • Bale coming on for the spuds
  • yoyo said:

Bowen spending a lot of time running back covering our right. He's chasing back well

That he's doing well, but he's been given the ball when we've broke and lost it almost everytime....yes he's doing the dirty work but there is opportunity on the counter and he's not doing well enough

Compare that to Lingard on the other flank who's been explosive and decisive, running at the right time and passing at the right time
    Tbf, Bowen played the ball for the goal, and when Lingard had the chance to shoot not long after he tried a very ambitious pass that went out for a goal kick. I don’t disagree with your wider point, but Bowen has had a massive impact with that moment.
  • Cuz1 said:

Bale coming on for the spuds

Last time that happened we scored three goals
  • There a bit of dirty team
  • Lamela off is good news....he was very dangerous the first half

But not really looking forward to seeing Bale as we are defending the box well, but bale has that ability to score from anywhere

• Lamela has been their best player and they've taken him off!
  • need Benrahma on need an outlet.