Here by popular demand: West Ham v Spurs; 21/02/21, high noon

Comments

• I’ve tried to pause it on my laptop this morning and I think he was definitely on side as the ball was played.
  • Looking at the side shot of the ref’s assistant for the Jesse goal - he reminds me a little of Gunter from Friends
  • MOTD was up to its usual standard regarding us.
    Dion Dublin, fresh from "Homes under the Hammer" talking more about why Spuds lost, no mention of Soucek's bravery or our defending in general.
    He should have called it "Spuds under the Hammer" =)
  • Shearer mentioned Soucek's bravery.
  • edited February 2021
    Mrs Grey I have no idea lol. But as you say great bants.
  • Rice was on talkSPORT this morning saying how Jose’s comments (about us falling down the league) were all picked up on by the whole squad & that added to the determination.
  • My match commentator called the Czechs 'warriors' - fair description, they both shrugged off nasty injuries in the line of duty. I'm finding it difficult to decide which one should be Hammer of the year. (Bow down emoji)
  • Shearer did sing our praises, It was like good cop/bad cop between him and Dublin.
  • The Czech-Czech mate double are incredible.

I think we need to scrap the hoty award this season because no one, not even Lingard who only came in Jan deserves not to win it.
  • That’s the structure though isn’t it? One talks about how one team did well, the other talks about how the opposition didn’t. I thought they were pretty complimentary personally
  • Did anyone else notice that when Coufal copped on in the old boat Souceck ran half the length of the pitch to check on his mate?
    It summed up to me what this current team is all about.
  • I thought MOTD was alright. I was just frustrated they didn’t cover the Lingard goal which was the best bit of the match.
  • alderz said:

That’s the structure though isn’t it? One talks about how one team did well, the other talks about how the opposition didn’t. I thought they were pretty complimentary personally

Yeah, agreed, but it seemed to me that most of it was Dublin going on about the Spuds.
  • Comment from the official site:
    "When Mark Noble was introduced in added time, the No41 offered his Club captain the armband, but Noble turned it down. With his outstanding performance, Rice had unquestionably earned the right to keep it on."

I hadn't noticed that, but excellent from Nobes I think - he knows the score.
  • he knows the score.
    You bet he does. He's beaten the Spuds often enough. 😉
  • The bbc football thread is full of Spurs fans wanting Mourinho out. I mean he is a bit of marmite character, but one thing he does do is rack up the trophies.

Spurs are in the final of one cup and the q/f of another and their fans have moaned about how long it is since they last won a trophy

What planet are these people on?
  • The bbc football thread is full of Spurs fans wanting Mourinho out. I mean he is a bit of marmite character, but one thing he does do is rack up the trophies.

Spurs are in the final of one cup and the q/f of another and their fans have moaned about how long it is since they last won a trophy

I think it’s called “Entitled “ it’s inhabited by Tottenham and Man. U fans I believe.

• edited February 2021
    Have you 'bumped' into your friend the Spurs fan this morning MrsG, or are you hunting him down? 😂

Most of my Spurs supporting friends have been anti-Mourinho since it was rumoured he would take charge, and haven't really wavered in that belief. I do think that a lot of them just want to see a side play decent football and use the attacking players at their disposal.
  • IronHerb said:

Have you 'bumped' into your friend the Spurs fan this morning MrsG, or are you hunting him down? 😂

He's been helping me out with some admin/bureaucracy stuff recently, and I do actually need to touch base with him. I was thinking about popping round to his house with some cake I baked at the weekend. Is 'pity cake' a thing? :-)

on the other thing, the manager, tbf, he's been anti Mourinho from day 1.

• Mrs G if he’s like most Spurs fans you could bake him a humble pie but I doubt he’d be able to swallow it.
  • Rice + Lingard in Crooks' team of the week.
  • MOTD, 2minutes 34 seconds talking about West Ham, 4minutes 45 seconds talking about Spuds.
  • Doesn't disappoint. (Contains swearing, obvs.)

https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=135334
  • Dodger58 said:

Comment from the official site:
    "When Mark Noble was introduced in added time, the No41 offered his Club captain the armband, but Noble turned it down. With his outstanding performance, Rice had unquestionably earned the right to keep it on."

For all his faults and shortcomings, I am going to be absolutely devastated when Noble retires.
  • MOTD, 2minutes 34 seconds talking about West Ham, 4minutes 45 seconds talking about Spuds.

You timed it??!!!🤣🤣
  • That's about right. Spurs had 69% possession and we had 31% and to be fair, listening to 4 minutes and 45 seconds of Spurs being harangued was pretty good TV.  😂
  • I enjoyed the comment from the Expressions guy when he said having Dier and Sanchez was like watching holograms. 😀
  • Dodger58 said:

Comment from the official site:

For all his faults and shortcomings, I am going to be absolutely devastated when Noble retires.
    I'm sort of looking forward to him and Nolan advising Moyes on the touchline though

You timed it??!!!🤣🤣
    Of course. =) ;)