Here by popular demand: West Ham v Spurs; 21/02/21, high noon

Comments

• I love Coufal
  • edited February 2021

Also, Antonio is (I think) about 8 goals away from becoming our all-time top PL goal scorer.

Jorderz v Alderz
  • That was awful from Kane. All he had to do was square it earlier & Son had a simple 1v1. Great from Rice though.

• Also, Antonio is (I think) about 8 goals away from becoming our all-time top PL goal scorer.

Now imagine if he didn't play as a RWB for about a year (two years?)

• Great result and performance, it feels so good to be supporting London's top team.
  • Has anyone noticed that lately there has been a severe lack of those "it's what I do, win" snide remarks.
  • Has anyone noticed that lately there has been a severe lack of those "it's what I do, win" snide remarks.

Yes I stopped that cus it annoys you, I said he’d had a good season and I will judge on next season because other managers had good one season too and snide remarks is an unfair way to describe it imo there was nothing snide about it
  • So my spurs mates on text, we were robbed, the ref was the 12th man and the woodwork the 13th etc. I did say that the woodwork was a great signing and bale is used to aiming at wooden sticks to improve his par score
  • Sounds like we won fair and square then. 😂
  • Can you imagine the noise if fans had been at the stadium. Could probably hear them in Surrey 🤣
  • Apparently Jose’s coaching methods are second to nobody in the world.

When I say “apparently”, I mean this is according to Jose himself.
  • just been reading the salt on the spuds forum, they are calling for Joe Hart to start, careful what you wish for lol
  • But Lioris is well overrated.
  • One post I saw was something along the lines of “if he starts Son again I’m done”

😂😂😂
  • Someone on the BBC live match thread said they wouldn’t be sad if Son was sold in the summer. They’re so deluded it’s insane
  • I saw one saying Son is so overrated 🤣
  • Has anybody once considered the idea that we might actually be playing in the Champions League next season?

I hadn't until just now. I'm almost certain we'll slide a few places, but it's a nice dream.
  • Has anybody once considered the idea that we might actually be playing in the Champions League next season?

I hadn't until just now. I'm almost certain we'll slide a few places, but it's a nice dream.

I thought about it, and then I thought about what might happen if we drew Bayern Munich and then I decided I didn’t want to think about it because it’s too scary.

Yes, every minute of the day, including in my sleep

I’ve already starting thinking about the prospect of Dawson shackling Lewandowski.
  • edited February 2021

Has anybody once considered the idea that we might actually be playing in the Champions League next season?

It’s getting more stressful the longer we stay in the race. To start to believe it could happen then lose it would really hurt
  • I still don’t understand why Jonathan Pearce asked Mourinho if he was surprised our second goal was allowed to stand. Why should he be surprised? Firstly Fornals didn’t touch the ball when it was played through. Secondly even if he had he was on side when the ball was played through anyway. Trying to create controversy when there was none.
  • It's annoying as those things kinda distract from what was a great goal. The interrupted celebration, players getting back into position, then running off to celebrate after the VAR confirmation. There was nothing in that move that required the assistant to put his flag up. Very odd. Leave the flag down & VAR will check regardless. Nothing in that goal needed the linesman to put his flag up because he could not have been sure there was a clear offside.

https://www.premierleague.com/european-qualification-explained

One step at a time. Will be delighted if we can qualify for the new Europa League competition or better which is still a possibilty. This is also a factor based on this -

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9282655/David-Moyes-insists-having-Declan-Rice-West-Ham-pushes-sign-better-players.html

• edited February 2021
    I would like an explanation (which we won't get) as to why the VAR decision took so long. There were at least 6 replays/ rewinds showing absolutely nothing. Such a distraction.
  • Lukerz said:

It's annoying as those things kinda distract from what was a great goal. The interrupted celebration, players getting back into position, then running off to celebrate after the VAR confirmation. There was nothing in that move that required the assistant to put his flag up. Very odd. Leave the flag down & VAR will check regardless. Nothing in that goal needed the linesman to put his flag up because he could not have been sure there was a clear offside.

It's just yet another example of poor on-field officiating against us; without VAR we'd have been denied a completely legal goal.
  • So what is the story with Fredericks not even on the bench ?
  • That Bale crossbar incident - when Kane originally crossed the ball in, I’m sure there was someone offside at the far post? So arguably it shouldn’t have counted anyway?
  • Ham, is that a genuine account? Top bantz tho.
  • That Bale crossbar incident - when Kane originally crossed the ball in, I’m sure there was someone offside at the far post? So arguably it shouldn’t have counted anyway?

I would like to have seen the offside lines from the original through ball to Kane, I immediately though it was offside, but never had a thorough replay.