Here by popular demand: West Ham v Spurs; 21/02/21, high noon

Comments

• Tbh, Spurs were mugged there. No way did we deserve 3 points based on merit. If you base it on the stuff Mourinho likes to talk about then we certainly deserved it.
  • Have we heard from the Special one yet .Moyes i mean not the other one
  • No - I just politely ignored it!
  • Lingard’s finish was so classy, and quality build-up, too. If Son and Kane had swapped passes like that they’d still be going in about it now.

I’m still bewildered on why anybody even thought it was offside in the first place?
  • They must have initially thought Fornals made an attempt to play the ball.
  • What a good win. Two nice goals and then dug in to see it out.
    That was almost Spurs of old but had nothing to do with Mourinho's tactics, he was forced into playing that way.
    I thought the ref did ok. He booked Fornals and Reguilon for persistent fouling.
    Everyone put in a shift and the fitness levels saw us through.

Fourth in the table, who'd of thought?

COYI
  • edited February 2021
    Fab, fab win. Gutsy and organised and enough class up top to sneak a win, Brilliant. I was crying out for Noble to come on 20 mins before he did to replace Lingard but surprisingly Moyes went for Benrahma. Good to see him being attack minded when trying to hold on at 2-1.
    Antonio was outstanding. All over the pitch, in attack and midfield.
    happy days.
    And a wee bet on Lingard to score today so the virtual pints are on me.
  • Aberdeen I have a bigeminal heart rhythm and am supposed to avoid stress but as a Hammer that’s not a possibility. I had COVID at Christmas and was quite ill and the thought crossed my mind that this could be our year and I may not be around to savour it.
    As for City I want them to win today because we can then end their run next week. I think Covid has affected my brain.
  • What a gutsy performance...2nd half we were under the cosh, but a great goal from Lingard, so far a stellar signing and our defence, true grit...Dawson another fine performance but not just him, the lot of them...
    Fab also with some excellent saves.
    Great season to be a fan of the mighty Irons!...
    Moyes: He wins, it's what he does......
  • OCS>Alderz>Jorderz

When is the Zabaleta derby going to be started?
  • Was stressful as hell...but I loved that

So good seeing the mentality of THIS west ham

We are just phenomenal compared to the spineless teams of the last couple years

Still have no expectations...but every week is just a gift

3 wins out of 4 since we lost to Liverpool and our season looked like it could falter (like Southampton, Villa etc. Look like doing)
  • The players are enjoying it and genuinely look like they get on together
  • Whoever was on VAR duty should be sent to the naughty step. Obvious he was looking for any excuse to disallow the goal. When offside didn't work, he looked for handball, anything... and finally gave up =)
  • I can only assume the assistant thought Fornals scored the goal
  • Must say i am warming to Lingard .That really was a very good finish
  • Only warm?!
  • We are staying up 🎵 We are staying up 🎵⚒️⚒️⚒️
  • The special one thought we defended well and his spuds had no luck, can’t find my I care what he thinks because hat as gone
  • steve said:

Must say i am warming to Lingard .That really was a very good finish

It’s amazing now to think originally people were worried he would only be a bench warmer!
  • Was just thinking there must be so many candidates for:
    Player of season
    Signing of season ( loan/perm )
    Goal of season : Has to be lanzini for me so far...
    But so many top all round performances on a consistent basis....Wow....
    What's going on with West Ham and where is the real West Ham!
  • I might go from warm to hot when Lingard gets the winner at city =)
  • I have massive man love for Soucek ( my wife is getting bored with me banging on about him ). If he sticks around 4-5 years or so then he can be a real all time hero here.
  • Was Soucek really off for 10 mins Being stitched up ,Seemed like 4 0r 5 to me .Was worried when i saw all that blood ....Then he smiles and i knew all was well
  • steve said:

Was Soucek really off for 10 mins Being stitched up ,Seemed like 4 0r 5 to me .Was worried when i saw all that blood ....Then he smiles and i knew all was well

Double portion of Potato salad deserved tonight for the main man, me thinks.....
  • Why so much excitement over beating a mid-table team =)
  • Because in the past we struggled against mid table teams.
  • Barney said:

Why so much excitement over beating a mid-table team =)

Well, it was their Cup Final, so they always try to raise their game against us.
  • Thought Diop had a good match again, regaining his confidence I think. We are clearly well covered at centre back, need to keep 3 of the main 4 for next season, plenty of backup from the Academy in this position at least.
  • Most nervous I have felt since going 2-0 up against Liverpool in the FA Cup final.
    But I feel a lot better after this match than that one.
  • A shout out to Rice for his clearance when Kane fizzed it across goal, just before Bale hit the bar. Unbelievable defending.

Also, Antonio is (I think) about 8 goals away from becoming our all-time top PL goal scorer.