The Wayne Quinn Derby: West Ham v Sheffield United - Monday 15th February 2021; 18:00

Comments

• alderz said:

Caption competition- what was DM writing in his little black book after Cressers free kick,

“Note to self, need to keep him back after training until he hits a barn door”

“Dumplings implies the existence of one, larger dumple”
    Probably the most silly post I've ever read on 606, but it made me laugh. 👏👏👏
  • Bowen looking better than recent weeks, not back to his best, but better. Agree Lanzini looks most likely to be replaced in time for Benrahma.
  • Hamstew said:

Benrahma for Lanzini at ht for me

Who is this Lanzini bloke ???
  • MIAHammer said:

I seem to be in a minority but i haven’t been too disappointed in Lanzini. Some nice 1-2’s with Lingard.

He's not been that bad but I think if you compare him to Benrahma's recent performances it's hard to justify why one is in place of the other.
  • We are lucky to be leading. This game could be won by the team that hits the barn door first in open play!

How are we lucky?

Was a blatant foul when lingard was clean through

we've had the better chances, looked really good on the counter and Sheffield united haven't really created much....
    Just lucky that they can’t seem to score. Def penalty.
  • Lukerz said:

How was that not a red card? Football baffles me. So Dawson’s offside by a hair, with the ball being struck by Rice not even timed right, is deemed an injustice & overturned, yet that challenge by Basham is allowed to remain as a yellow?

They showed a replay at HT and he did make a very vague attempt with his foot to get the ball - hence the yellow.
  • I was only joking really about not having a designated penalty taker.

But even when we do, there are cases where it's given to someone else, in certain circs, so I'm not critical of Lingard asking for it.

He didn't strop,band was straight there to congratulate Dec.

On a related point.. ego? A power thing? Or someone willing to step up and take responsibility?

Are they mutually exclusive?
  • Pretty comfortable first half for me. Looking dangerous on the break but just need that final pass to be more precise. Sheffield are playing much as they usually do, looking dangerous until they reach the final third.

Not missing Antonio at this time, Lingard doing the runs that he makes. Lanzini and Bowen just need to sharpen up a bit and we'll score more.

COYI
  • John Egan of Sheffield Utd should have been sent off for a blatant foul. We are deservedly ahead. May be play Lanzini for another ten minutes to see if he can deliver and then bring on Benrahma.
  • That was the only way we were getting a penalty where there would be no excuse to not give it - total wipeout, whereas Salah only needs to gets breathed on.

Also if Deccers penalty had been saved, it would have been retaken - Ramsdale well off the goal line.
  • I wonder if Benrahma will come on for Bowen rather than Lanzini, as Bowen often gets subbed round about the 70 minute mark; could this be why Lanzini started over Benrahma, so that we'd have fresh, fast legs to come on? Fornals then comes on for Lanzini?
  • Great save Fab
  • We need to prevent them getting all these crosses in before they make one count.
  • A bit too passive here. Need to get on the ball a bit.
  • Just not seeing what Lanzini brings to the team. Not strong or quick enough off the ball, and doesn't do a great deal with it when he's on it.

• Great covering by Diop there, I thought he was second favourite to get to the ball there.
  • Good burst from Lanzini
  • edited February 2021
    Ian Darke's utterly uninteresting facts and stats.

It's like sitting within hearing range of the resident pub bore
  • Great header, that. Looks easy, but it really isn't
  • Great delivery and header from Diop. Simple, elegant, superb!
  • Very pleased for Diop, he’s had a tough season, seeing Balbuena the Dawson getting ahead of him post COVID
  • Some breathing space, somewhat against the run of play. Get in Diop.
  • And that is why you put a man on the far post
  • Lingard tormenting them
  • If the Blades get relegated let's NOT buy McGoldrick
  • Great defending by Soucek
  • Noble apprantly about to come on for Lanzini.....very negative

Would prefer Benrahma/Fornals