The Wayne Quinn Derby: West Ham v Sheffield United - Monday 15th February 2021; 18:00

Comments

• We were sitting 5th but with teams below us having games in hand. Everton and Villa still do and could pass us if they win their game in hand so slipping from 5th is a bit of a red herring in this instance. But like everyone I would be disappointed if our form fell away. I agree with Fortune, aim high and if it doesn't work out we still achieve a decent position.
  • edited February 2021
    Antonio out? I am in absolute shock at this news 😐
  • Can't believe Benrahma doesn't start
  • Lanzini in the shop window
  • Birthday present from Davey boy. Come on Manu!
  • I don’t know why Benrahma suddenly isn’t getting the same minutes. I thought he’s been one of our best players since the new year. And the linkup with Lindgard looked really effective against Villa. Really weird to me.
  • 3 at the back, Lanzini/Lingard/Bowen as a front 3, Fornals & Benrahma on the bench
  • I don’t know why Benrahma suddenly isn’t getting the same minutes. I thought he’s been one of our best players since the new year. And the linkup with Lindgard looked really effective against Villa. Really weird to me.

Has there been a falling out?
  • Lukerz said:

I don’t know why Benrahma suddenly isn’t getting the same minutes. I thought he’s been one of our best players since the new year. And the linkup with Lindgard looked really effective against Villa. Really weird to me.

Has there been a falling out?
    Hope not, especially when things had been going so well and we’ve just permanently signed him. Moyes baffles a bit with his decisions sometimes so hopefully it’s just one of those.

When I look at this, it’s partly about formation. A 5 with Johnson, who’s last performance means he deserves a game. But you’d think Benrahma deserves to play over Lanzini.
  • Not sure about a falling out,But did think he was getting better and better ,Dont know why he does not start
  • Benrahma is our best attacker at the moment. And he gets binned off for Lanzini.

Sure.
  • I think we’re all bored of Lanzini
  • Sky is saying Antonio is still fatigued ,Oh for the love of =)
  • Really surprised

Think Moyes has got this wrong

Not too worried about a return to a back 3/5, thought Johnson showed good energy and willingness to go forward which will give Cresswell more opportunities to send in balls from LCB

But Benrahma not starting....I'm not happy about that
  • I have faith in you Lanzini... COYI ⚒⚒⚒
  • Maybe Lanzini has been ripping it up in training...

Maybe Benrahma hasn't....

It does no good to second guess, imo, as we have absolutely minimal information. Whereas Moyes has it all.
  • Mrs Grey ,Please dont take our second guessing away from us
  • Coventry on the bench. Encouraging
  • Not familiar with Coventry and Baptiste. Any information about them ?
  • Might phone my boss later and tell him won’t be in tomorrow I’m fatigued, what’s that all about
  • edited February 2021
    Cuz1 said:

Might phone my boss later and tell him won’t be in tomorrow I’m fatigued, what’s that all about

Moyes implies he is ‘feeling his hamstring’

Which is what it always was, never fatigue, he has a hamstring strain
  • Fatigued means his hamstrings are still an issue. That,s what happens when you're fatigued.

Coventry is a CM, arguably the player going into this season closest to the first team from the U23 set up. Not a lot of first team experience, has had a few first team appearances and a short loan with Lincoln last year before COVID happened

Baptiste is arguably the 'Gem' of the academy. 17 years old CB, already featuring heavily for the U23 and featured in Pre season where he looked very good for his age

Glad to see both on the bench
  • “Fatigued” is the new buzz word. In old fashioned parlance I would say “crocked”

Conor Coventry is an Irish U21 defensive midfielder, been out for a while injured

Jamal Baptiste is a 17yo CB who can play RB

• Lukerz said:

Cuz1 said:

Might phone my boss later and tell him won’t be in tomorrow I’m fatigued, what’s that all about

Moyes implies he is ‘feeling his hamstring’

Which is what it always was, never fatigue, he has a hamstring strain
    Sorry lukerz never realised he had hamstring issues only been a supporter for 50 years 😂😂
  • We have a penalty.

Well, unti VAR steps in
  • Nope, it stands. Or does it?

Rice to take it.
  • We’ve got a penno