The Wayne Quinn Derby: West Ham v Sheffield United - Monday 15th February 2021; 18:00

Comments

• Not a bad game to experiment with the false 9. Give Antonio another few days off.
  • Dawson and Diop is not a massive issue hopefully. At the start of the season it would have appeared to be but Dawson has exceeded everyone's expectations, hopefully with Rice in front of them they should be able to cope.

Antonio is the bigger loss as unlike at centre back we have no cover, however it's not beyond the realms of possibility that Lingard can play that position very effectively. Antonio was a winger and even a defender before Moyes threw him into attack.
  • So u mean the one loss is Yarmo? I'm confused here...

Loss refers to the match itself.

Does that make it any clearer?
  • IronHerb said:

We have cover for Oggy and you or me, or possibly Cuz, could cover for Yarmo.   😂

I’d do a better job at 57 what you’d still get from me his effort and running, but moyes must have a plan to cover these eventualities surely
  • Must go out and tighten my wheels as I have a feeling they might be falling off.
  • The team played far better when Moyes switched to 3 at the back. 3 from Dawson, Cresswell, Balbuena and Diop is fine. Coufal and Johnson/Fornals wingbacks. TomDec of course. And experiment with False 9 Lanzini, Lingard and Benrahma all inter changing. Try it for a half....
  • edited February 2021
    Moyes says Antonio ‘will be close’ & Issa will start in place of Oggy. No word on Yarmo.
  • edited February 2021
    Lawro has it as 2-0 but Sky have it as 1-1. I hadn’t realised the Blades have won 6 of their last 9 games.
  • thorn, I reckon a couple of those are in the FA Cup?
  • Yes in all comps.
  • Lets make it 6 out of 10 then.
  • Munich a draw would do that but we want a win.
  • True. But tbh, most importantly I don't want them to score. If Soucek, Dawson or Lingard then score, brilliant. Even better would be an own goal but at the end of the day I don't want them to win. I would prefer to win ourselves but that would just be a bonus against a team that seems to have found form recently.
  • Scrappy 1-0 to the Hammers.

COYI
  • Must win this and move above Liverpool AGAIN
  • So winners are getting 3 goals this weekend.

Whu 3, Sheffield 0
  • We are clearly the surprise of this season and are taking on the surprise of last season. It's hard to see why they have collapsed. I quite like the manager and much of the players are the same but it just doesn't seem to be happening for them.

Hopefully we can pile more pressure on them tomorrow. An early goal could help immensely as they may become despondent having found themselves chasing games so often already, but the longer they feel they can get something the more trouble we may have.

There are still many games to play but I feel the bottom three is already set as they have too many points to make up. Burnley and Brighton seem to be able to pull out performances to take points, so only Newcastle could get dragged in but with ten point lead I think its done already.
  • We are clearly the surprise of this season and are taking on the surprise of last season. It's hard to see why they have collapsed. I quite like the manager and much of the players are the same but it just doesn't seem to be happening for them.

Hopefully we can pile more pressure on them tomorrow. An early goal could help immensely as they may become despondent having found themselves chasing games so often already, but the longer they feel they can get something the more trouble we may have.

There are still many games to play but I feel the bottom three is already set as they have too many points to make up. Burnley and Brighton seem to be able to pull out performances to take points, so only Newcastle could get dragged in but with ten point lead I think its done already.

Jack O’Connell being injured for the season really affected them. Last season they didn’t score much but when they did they would often win. This season their defence is all over the place, and O’Connell being out has really not helped.

They also had basically all of their players have their best year of their careers so far last season. They couldn’t possibly maintain the standard.
  • C+H are saying that Bowen is playing with a personal illness ,What ever that means ,Could be why he`s off the pass .Anyone know anything about it .If true wish him well
  • What a stupid thing to report.
  • Aren’t all illnesses personal.
  • It does sound a bit of a silly description but it could mean something non physical such as depression, which wouldn't be totally out of the blue in current times.
  • But unless Bowen has come out with whatever it is, if there is something, then it should not be speculated about.
  • I did wonder if it was just a way of distinguishing between covid and non-covid.

But why not just say that.
  • BT Sport 1 live at 6pm so early dinner for me - COYI
  • MrsGrey said:

I did wonder if it was just a way of distinguishing between covid and non-covid.

But why not just say that.

The club have generally stated when someone has had a covid related issue by at least saying they have isolated etc.

It is rather odd.
  • Maybe he meant embarrassing rather than personal as such.
  • C&H is deemed to be Sullivans mouthpiece so why would he tell C&H he has an embarrassing issue? That just opens the player up to ridicule on social media.
  • Such a big game for us this.

It’s getting to that time where an overachieving side would start to fall away. If we don’t pick up 3 points tonight, it will start to be 1 win in 5 rather than 7 wins in 10. It’s important, for momentum, we bag 3 points tonight & then tackle the next tough run of fixtures in as good a position as we can.

I am hoping the extra days rest has done us good. Five full days this time as opposed to 2/3. Ogbonna out so I am hopeful Diop may seize this opportunity next to Dawson.

This will be another tough game, especially as our goals/chances have dried up in the last two games. But you can’t help feel Sheff Utd must come at us. Draws are as good as defeats for them now.