The Wayne Quinn Derby: West Ham v Sheffield United - Monday 15th February 2021; 18:00

Comments

• Caption competition- what was DM writing in his little black book after Cressers free kick,

“Note to self, need to keep him back after training until he hits a barn door”

Note to self, look for striker cus this ain’t working
  • This is turning into another Fulham. We could end up hanging on for a point.
  • AN ACTUAL PENALTY
  • edited February 2021
    A penalty, As I Faint in surprise
  • Cuz1 said:

Caption competition- what was DM writing in his little black book after Cressers free kick,

Why’s he telling you to look?
  • Don’t bank on it.
  • Moojor said:

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

We're never getting one.

From BBC
    West Ham 0-0 Sheffield United

FYI, West Ham are still the only side this Premier League season without a penalty awarded for them.
    We have one now! Let’s hope we convert it.
  • Sorry, he was not attempting to play the ball that has to be a red
  • I would have thought that was close to being a red
  • Deccers...

DECCERS!
  • I would have thought that was close to being a red

The rule is that if they try to play the ball it’s not a red.
  • Now I get the rule...but that should be a red

No attempt made at all for the ball
  • Cool head from Rice. Didn’t need the interference from Lingard.
  • Part of Declan’s gradual takeover from Nobes.

Excellent by Bowen feeding in to Lingard for the penalty
  • Think Lanzini has been poor, very quiet

Not sure how he's justifying starting over Benrahma

Starting to lose a foothold in this

Its his birthday!
  • Lovin our captain being our penalty taker.
  • alderz said:

Cuz1 said:

Caption competition- what was DM writing in his little black book after Cressers free kick,

Why’s he telling you to look?
    Probably thinks I’ve got as good a job as him finding one
  • Cool head from Rice. Didn’t need the interference from Lingard.

Presumably as we were never getting one, they hadn't agreed who'd be the taker.
  • Benrahma for Lanzini at ht for me
  • Given he isn't left footed, some of Johnson balls with his left peg are pretty impressive

May not be 'pin point' but they always beat the first man and enter the danger areas
  • MrsGrey said:

Cool head from Rice. Didn’t need the interference from Lingard.

Can’t believe there wasn’t a designated penalty taker. Moyes should have more experience than to miss that.
  • I thought it was stated weeks ago that if we ever get one Rice would take it.
  • Rice is clearly the taker

He lined up the first before it was reversed
  • edited February 2021
    MrsGrey said:

Cool head from Rice. Didn’t need the interference from Lingard.

Rice had stepped up for the earlier one. Looked pretty clear he was the taker to me. It’s good that Lingard is confident but I was a bit worried by some of his shot taking on his debut as well - he’s on a line between wanting to prove himself and looking for glory.
  • Lanzini off for Benrahma is a no brainer for me
  • We are lucky to be leading. This game could be won by the team that hits the barn door first in open play!
  • Doubt Moyes will change anything while we are ahead

But I agree, Benrahma for Lanzini is a sensible change

Only worry would be if Lingard/Bowen have 90 minutes in them, nothing suggests otherwise but maybe Moyed will hold off to see if they start flagging
  • We are lucky to be leading. This game could be won by the team that hits the barn door first in open play!

How are we lucky?

Was a blatant foul when lingard was clean through

we've had the better chances, looked really good on the counter and Sheffield united haven't really created much....
  • I seem to be in a minority but i haven’t been too disappointed in Lanzini. Some nice 1-2’s with Lingard.
  • How was that not a red card? Football baffles me. So Dawson’s offside by a hair, with the ball being struck by Rice not even timed right, is deemed an injustice & overturned, yet that challenge by Basham is allowed to remain as a yellow?