Transfer Speculation

Comments

• No way, imo, that Sully refuses a bid of 100m, not in a million years.

It's like buying/selling a house. If he really wanted £100m he would have said £120m.
  • He apparently said - “Sullivan has already told me it’s got to be north of £100m or they won’t entertain it." So to me that makes £100m the bottom line.
  • I don’t think the club would turn down an offer of 100 mil, but I also don’t see any club offering that sort of money
  • Now Franks gone I don't think there will be too many offers and if we continue the form we have and finish top 6 I can't see him having much of a reason to leave. I would say City would be the only team able to pay what it takes but I am not sure they would want to.
  • Liverpool & United could really do with him but I’m not sure he’d want to leave London.
  • maybe we sign mason then and he stays lol
  • 20 quid it is then.
  • Manchester United plan to offer West Ham either English midfielder Jesse Lingard, 28, Serb midfielder Nemanja Matic, 32, or English defender Phil Jones, 29, in a potential deal for the Hammers' 22-year-old England midfielder Declan Rice. (90min)
  • If they offered Lingard AND Matic AND Jones and then still threw in upwards of 60m I still think it wouldn't be enough. Why should we take three of their rejects off their hands and send one of our finest players the other way?
  • If they offered Lingard AND Matic AND Jones and then still threw in upwards of 60m I still think it wouldn't be enough. Why should we take three of their rejects off their hands and send one of our finest players the other way?

Because this is manure we're talking about here, they can do what they want. So there =)
  • Realistically, any player plus cash deal from Man Utd would have to involve Henderson, IMO. Not that I think he's worth the £40m the Mancs seem to value him at, but he's a very good 'keeper and could be our No1 for a long time.

But to offer Matic, who we'd need to replace in a year or so anyway, or Jones, who I have never rated (at best) and actively loathed (when he got Feghouli sent off) is just insulting.

Lingard, Henderson and £70m would be an ok offer, but still not one I'd accept. I know they say every player has a price, but Rice is just too important to us.
  • That story has appeared almost every day this week in different publications so they’re all just repeating what’s already been said.
  • Swap deals are not very common

See this exactly like the rumour in the summer Chelsea were going to offer Batshuyai, Barkley and Emerson for Rice....its just not going to happen

• 3 for 1 Deal thats better then Tesco or so i`m told =)
  • Matic will be 34 before the start of next season and he's on big money. We don't need Phil Jones cos we've got Dawson.

If we lose Rice then it will have to be for a large load of cash to buy a replacement.
  • It’s just bored journos making making stuff up.
  • Slacker said:

It’s just bored journos making making stuff up.

NO, They'd never do that, those professional hound dogs of fact. Would they?
  • To journo:”Going away this year?”
    J: “Two weeks lying in the sun”
    “Shame, you could do with a break.”
  • Watching the WBA game ,Diangana only sub again ,If they go down and we have a chance to re sign him for say 12-15 millon how many of us would want him ,After most of us were up in arms about him going .i for one could see the money better spent elsewhere
  • Not for me and definitely not at that price.
  • FWIW, I’m still cross about the way it all happened; the fact we bailed on an academy graduate who was on the cusp, and the fact the club spent the entire summer bigging him up just to sell him. I didn’t personally think he was going to be a world beater with us, but it wasn’t just about that.

I wouldn’t sign him back, and I’ve been happy with Benrahma as his replacement, but that doesn’t mean it happened in the right way.
  • Now we have Benrhama there is no place. I do feel he would have been better served as a young player in staying with us and we would have had a good young player to look forward to. The fee looks good for us with hindsight but I don't feel for a minute he is seen at his best in a relegation dog fight, rather in a good footballing side who are attack minded.

After his performances last season should they go down he will certainly help them try and get up.
  • He was brought in to play in an attacking side but they ended up in a relegation battle, switching to a manager who plays very defensively. This season is no judgement of what he could have been, whether with them or us. As others have said, my anger was with how he was sold rather than the fact he was sold.
  • He’s just coming back from injury that’s the reason hes been on the bench
  • En- Nesyri seems to be spending more time on the bench of late in the league as opposed to the starting line up. In the league I think he has started only 1 of the last 5, coming on as sub in the others

I wonder if we will have another go at trying to get him in the summer

• Tomorrow’s gossip column has us linked with Tammy Abraham, Eddie Nketiah, Ivan Toney (all Daily Star), and Aaron Ramsdale (Sheffield Star). I’d take any of those strikers, but I don’t want Ramsdale. He’s a decent keeper but he’d cost at least £20m and he isn’t worth that.
  • I would love Abraham, total athlete and can finish. I doubt they would sell him but I would break the bank for him.
  • Not keen on Abraham at all. Really don't rate him
  • I'm not a great fan of his either. IF there's any truth in the rumour, which I doubt, then I hope this is Moyes' fancy. He's been right in his signings so far.
  • I doubt there is any truth in the rumour. One benefit of the season we are having is that should the summer come and we can announce Rice is going nowhere we should be able to attract a better quality of player. One problem we have had recently is that we have been flirting with relegation and so no player with decent options would chooses us, we may look like a club going forward for the first time since we wasted that opportunity in the Payet season. If the owners fancy one last push to try and leave a positive mark on the club they should bankroll Moyes at that time to the maximum possible.
This discussion has been closed.