Transfer Speculation

Comments

• Lukerz said:

A lot will depend how we end the season

If we fall away (which is possible & in no way a disgrace given our squad size), then he’s going to be less bothered about signing for a mid-table side, & sides like Everton & Spurs come into the mix, possibly Leicester.

And United will be more likely to sell to us than a rival
  • Is the price for Dawson set already?
  • We are a rival.
  • Surely our No.1 priority in the summer has to be a proper centre forward? Hopefully we can help put Lingard in the shop window, if not for us, as he appears to have no future at Old Trafford as it will mean we will have had a successful season.
  • I am thinking we will also need to be looking for a new keeper. Fab played well against Sheff Utd, but I do think he is less dominating than a couple of seasons ago.
  • I've never really considered Fab as a 'dominant' keeper. Great shot stopper, decent at crosses and always appears confident. His time is coming for sure but not yet on top of my list of needing replacing.
  • The likes of Bayern Munich, PSG and Real Madrid will try to hone in on his weaknesses next season so it is possibly something we need to consider this summer.
  • I think Dawson has been superb and a must sign in the summer, the only thing I would say however is that having Rice in front of you makes any defence look better. He is so good at present and is the central point of focus in every transfer window before he signs a new deal or is sold. His continued presence means more than any signing.
  • IronHerb said:

I've never really considered Fab as a 'dominant' keeper. Great shot stopper, decent at crosses and always appears confident. His time is coming for sure but not yet on top of my list of needing replacing.

Some of the stops recently have been great though. Was it against Martial where he pounced during a one on one? He will need replacing soon, but I want him to hang on long enough for Nathan Trott to be ready, basically.
  • Keepers are different from outfield players, Fabianksi hasn't shown any signs of losing his ability so GK is really not a problem for next season.
  • I agree, it's a striker that we want, but most of them are out of our range.
  • Fab could still improve his kicking.
  • Fabs kicking is still better than Phil Parkes (and Joe Hart)
  • Very arguable that Fab is the best we have had between the sticks. A Case can obvioulsy made for Ludo, Parkes, David James and Rob Green.
  • Well for Ludo and Parkes imo.
  • Ludo for me. But if we are talking about just one game in isolation, then probably Rob Green at the Emirates!
  • I don’t know how well regarded he is generally, but I loved Shaka Hislop
  • I don’t know how well regarded he is generally, but I loved Shaka Hislop
  • Alright alderz, we get it.

Jeez.
  • Our trophy wait would have only been 13 years rather than 40 had Shaka done better with the gerrard effort.
  • Bernard Lama 😍
  • Our trophy wait would have only been 13 years rather than 40 had Shaka done better with the gerrard effort.

#blamescaloni
  • I wonder if we will ever be lucky enough to whitness signings like the Kitson/Hartson ones again. Two good strikers signed in quick succession.

I remember a game against Sheffield Wednesday when the scored 5 between them to secure our spot in the prem for another season. The computer then was set up in a chilly corridor and I was playing games listening to the match on 5live. 😍
    Those were the days...
  • I wonder if we will ever be lucky enough to whitness signings like the Kitson/Hartson ones again. Two good strikers signed in quick succession.

I remember a game against Sheffield Wednesday when the scored 5 between them to secure our spot in the prem for another season. The computer then was set up in a chilly corridor and I was playing games listening to the match on 5live. 😍
    Those were the days...

I've still got the Hammers' magazine from when they signed. And yeah, I'll always remember that game; loved that partnership.
  • You know who I always liked? Shaka Hislop
  • edited February 2021
    Did you say Shakin' Stevens?

• These were the days of Jonathan Pearce’s sometimes eccentric commentary on five live. I remember one game where kitson and hartson had carved up the opposition and he was taking pity on the opponent as the programme was ending. The closing line from him was “go on, have a hart-son”
  • I am too young to really have been aware of the Cottee/MacAvennie combo so for me the Kitson/Hartson duo were the best partnership I can remember. Oh we had great players then, I will never forget that Yossi goal against Fulham. Anton Ferdinand scored, too, that game after Rio had scored the day before. The commentary went along the lines of "whatever Rio can do, his brother can do better!"
  • edited February 2021
    McAvennie and Cottee..what a partnership, McAvennie was uknown and became an instant star , he even got a gig on the Wogan show....they were the days!!!
  • And Jenny blythe💋
This discussion has been closed.