Transfer Speculation

Comments

• West Ham and Leeds target Matthew Bondswell, the 18-year-old English left-back, is in talks to join a Premier League club after leaving RB Leipzig. (Football Insider)
  • Not transfer speculation, but I wonder if Xande Silva has a recall clause in his loan deal 🤔 With Yarmo possibly out for the season, Antonio a perennial injury risk and Odubeko probably not fancied, could we not get Xande back?
  • Lukerz said:

Mark Lawrenson said the other day Moyes is quite a hesitant manager when signing players.

He used Bowen as an example, & said Moyes asked him whether he’d seen him play much & Moyes wasn’t convinced he had the pace for the PL.

That would be a bizarre comment from Moyes if it's correct. There are clearly questions regard any player stepping up a division but pace was not one of the questions regard Bowen!
  • Not transfer speculation, but I wonder if Xande Silva has a recall clause in his loan deal 🤔 With Yarmo possibly out for the season, Antonio a perennial injury risk and Odubeko probably not fancied, could we not get Xande back?

Would there be any point? He’s not really done anything in Greece, has he?
  • alderz said:

Not transfer speculation, but I wonder if Xande Silva has a recall clause in his loan deal 🤔 With Yarmo possibly out for the season, Antonio a perennial injury risk and Odubeko probably not fancied, could we not get Xande back?

Something's better than nothing, though, right? I mean, injury concerns over Antonio and Yarmolenko, question marks over Odubeko, Afolayan out on loan. We could literally have no strikers available at the club.
  • alderz said:

Not transfer speculation, but I wonder if Xande Silva has a recall clause in his loan deal 🤔 With Yarmo possibly out for the season, Antonio a perennial injury risk and Odubeko probably not fancied, could we not get Xande back?

Something's better than nothing, though, right? I mean, injury concerns over Antonio and Yarmolenko, question marks over Odubeko, Afolayan out on loan. We could literally have no strikers available at the club.
    He’s going to try Soucek upfront next. Rice, Lingard and Lanzini in the middle, Benrahma and Bowen/Fredericks on the wings.
    Sorted! No need for a striker.
  • MIAHammer said:

alderz said:

He’s going to try Soucek upfront next. Rice, Lingard and Lanzini in the middle, Benrahma and Bowen/Fredericks on the wings.
    Yes another square peg that doesn’t fit
  • edited February 2021
    What’s the problem. Soucek scores most of our goals from where he is anyway so no need to play him up front.
  • Cuz1 said:

MIAHammer said:

alderz said:

Yes another square peg that doesn’t fit
    What would you do then in this position?
  • Do or done, I’d have brought or loaned a forward to play as soon as he knew haller was leaving even a loan nobody be better than erm a nobody Antonio I love him but he’s one game away from a lay off
  • Soucek is doing well and scoring in his natural position; as a midfielder with a striker playing in front of him so why mess with a good thing? Shifting him up front would be like playing Fellaini or Don Hutchinson as a lone striker.

Plus if we play Soucek up front then who plays alongside Rice? Either Noble (aging) or Coventry (inexperienced).
  • Soucek is doing well and scoring in his natural position; as a midfielder with a striker playing in front of him so why mess with a good thing? Shifting him up front would be like playing Fellaini or Don Hutchinson as a lone striker.

Plus if we play Soucek up front then who plays alongside Rice? Either Noble (aging) or Coventry (inexperienced).

The problem is, without a striker and an outlet, we’re not getting up the field enough to get within scoring opportunities. We’ve been woeful the last couple of games. Just one shot on target in each game. I really hope we see something different tomorrow or we could start to see a steady fall down the table. So far the results this weekend have gone in our favour. Unfortunately our history has shown us that typically when these situations arise we rarely take advantage of them. Time to break that cycle.
  • Apparently according to some 'reports' we are looking to sell Lanzini, Yarmolenko and Anderson this summer for approx. £15mil, £7mil and £17mil respectively

While these would represent a loss (apart from Manu) its hard to argue with any of the valuations of the above

Hope we can get some buyers given all 3 of those are not really in the first team picture and all are among our top earners
  • I'd be amazed if we got £17m for Anderson. First season aside, he's struggled with us and has struggled at Porto.

£12m tops I reckon, probably from Lazio.
  • edited February 2021
    That, along with the Haller money, means we could buy Brentford's best three players providing they're not promoted.   😂
  • Apparently according to some 'reports' we are looking to sell Lanzini, Yarmolenko and Anderson this summer for approx. £15mil, £7mil and £17mil respectively

While these would represent a loss (apart from Manu) its hard to argue with any of the valuations of the above

Hope we can get some buyers given all 3 of those are not really in the first team picture and all are among our top earners

I seem to remember reports that we were selling all three LAST summer.

How did that work out?
  • The reports were wrong.

I seem to remember reports that we were selling all three LAST summer.

How did that work out?
    Hence "looking to sell"....so if we can't sell the....guess we'll use them
  • Very early days....but I'd be very happy if we bought Lingard permanently
  • Wrong thread...
  • edited February 2021
    That's a bit harsh hahaha
  • Alderz, you can't be using that kind of language - go mod yourself =)
  • edited February 2021

Very early days....but I'd be very happy if we bought Lingard permanently

Rumours are £10 million gets him.

Manchester United fans want rid of him as he is a bit too keen on living the "celebrity" lifestyle and is supposed to be a bad influence on Rashford & Greenwood?
  • Maybe it should not have too much read into it but I was surprised he was disputing with Rice who should take the penalty. He has been at the club three weeks, presumably its decided by Moyes who takes penalties in absence of Noble and suddenly Lingard is having a discussion about it! He needs to realise that puts more pressure on Rice when he does that.
  • I think our main target, assuming he continues to keep up current standards, is going to be securing Lingard on a permanent deal. The better he plays, the more United will want, the more other clubs may show an interest. I think there will be a cap for how much United can ask for given we all know he won’t be in their longer term plans, but we need to be prepared to maybe pay £25m if his form continues as it is.
  • United set a precedent with Smalling last summer. He had a great loan with Roma, and they wanted him back on a permanent deal, and we're expecting to pay around €10m for him (which is like £8.5m). Even though he clearly had no future at United, they wanted €20m, and were prepared to just let him sit in the reserves. Roma ended up paying €15m rising to €20m with add ons.

I can see United saying they want £20m for him.
  • The thing is, Alderz, If Man U put a value on him (after a good season with us) that is too steep for us, there will be other interested clubs, even if United don't want him. Unless we had a clause giving us first option, all we've done is made more money for United. Personally I hope we do sign him
  • edited February 2021
    A lot will depend how we end the season

If we fall away (which is possible & in no way a disgrace given our squad size), then he’s going to be less bothered about signing for a mid-table side, & sides like Everton & Spurs come into the mix, possibly Leicester.
  • Well, Spurs for sure will be a mid table team.
This discussion has been closed.