Transfer Speculation

Comments

• Could you play Pereira and Benrahma in the same team? Not so sure.
  • IronHerb said:

Could you play Pereira and Benrahma in the same team? Not so sure.

Well according to Moyes you can’t really play Benrahma and anyone in the same team, not for 90 minutes at least.
  • Leicester agree a fee for Soumare (a first reamer at 22) from Lille for £18mil and Antonio Conte has left Inter Milan as they will have to sell a lot of players....these both just won their leagues

Clubs in England have lost a lot of money but the rest of Europe is in a dire situation in comparison

Gonna be some huge bargains available, it's just key to see which ones turn out the best

I think this is spot on. Let's hope Moyes can find 3 or 4 of these bargains👍
  • So, looks like Ivan Toney is probably out of the running as our new striker. Brentford's promotion probably means he's not affordable (if he ever was) and he may not have a desire to leave.

I also have a sneaky feeling that we could see Benrahma going back 🤔
  • I don't think Brentford spend £30m on players.
  • edited May 2021
    IronHerb said:

I don't think Brentford spend £30m on players.

I think they might now they're in the PL.

Benrahma would make sense for them, and for the player. Pretty sure Frank would play him more than Moyes will, and Benrahma obviously already knows most of their players and the manager's style. Just something I can see happening.
  • I hope not. I don't think we'll get Lingard, so that should give him more game time next season
  • We need keep Benrhama, he has great potential and we will be having even more matches next season.
  • I don’t think Brentford will break their model to sign Benrahma, though they might try for a season-long loan or something. There were rumours on Brentford sites that he was keeping an eye on them himself. We should really be playing him more next season though.

I think they’ll continue selling players and buying cheap, though maybe not as cheap as they have been. They made two big sales last summer so might be a bit more comfortable and have extra to spend. Wouldn’t be surprised if they still sell Toney.
  • West Ham United are emerging as favourites to sign Red Bull Salzburg's Zambia striker Patson Daka as they look to replace Sebastian Haller. The 22-year-old has also interested Liverpool, Manchester United and Manchester City. (Zam Foot)
  • edited May 2021
    If you Google "west ham" click on "news" and "last 24 hours" we are linked with Adam Hlozek (twice), Duje Ćaleta-Car, Alex Kral, Wout Weghorst, Daryl Dike, Oli McBurnie, Emi Buendia, Patson Daka, Joe Worrall, Jon Moncayola and of course Tammy Abraham.

And its only a week since the season ended...
  • And the window doesn’t officially open until 9th June
  • So can we expect several new players to sign on June 9 on that basis before the Euros start on the 11th?
  • Did remember reading that Moyes wanted a striker in very early doors to work with them pre-season before the start of next season. Curious to know who is on top of our list.
  • Interesting as well
  • I would imagine there may be a Slavia purchase as the communication channels are open and the success rate is high, if they need money they may do business, the player will be enthused over other clubs due to the Czech players already here. As a club we will like the attitude of those already signed and be inclined to trust a recommendation coming from Soucek again. It looks an obvious source and they clearly have good players as overturned Leicester and Rangers in the Europa league and gave Arsenal a good go.
  • https://www.hammers.news/transfer-news/all-roads-lead-o-abdallah-sima-signing-for-west-ham-as-insider-drops-big-hint-and-shortlist-narrows/

This just may give some clarification although it mentions Daka but doesn't say why we won't be pursuing him?

• https://www.hammers.news/transfer-news/all-roads-lead-o-abdallah-sima-signing-for-west-ham-as-insider-drops-big-hint-and-shortlist-narrows/

This just may give some clarification although it mentions Daka but doesn't say why we won't be pursuing him?

That link goes to a 404 page for me.
  • West Ham United’s search for a striker signing has been narrowed down with three forwards struck off David Moyes’s shortlist this weekend.

Moyes shortlist narrows as three reported targets look to be struck off
    But the same names have consistently been mentioned including Ivan Toney, Tammy Abraham, Adam Hlozek, Abdallah Sima, Adam Armstrong and Patson Daka.

Toney helped Brentford to promotion to the Premier League in the playoff final. And that ends West Ham’s chances of signing a player who is now not for sale.

Abraham once again could not even make Chelsea’s squad, this time for the Champions League final.

Toney, Hlozek and Abraham looking unlikely as Moyes focus turns elsewhere
    And given his lack of game time – and the clear lack of belief in him from Thomas Tuchel, it is extremely unlikely West Ham would be willing to meet Chelsea’s supposed £40m asking price.

Over in the Czech Republic, reported target Adam Hlozek celebrated scoring four goals for Sparta Prague by signing a new long-term contract.

Now West Ham insiders Claret and Hugh have dropped a big hint that all roads lead to Senegalese star Sima instead.

“West Ham are becoming more attracted to their Czech strike option in Abdallah Sima given the quoted price for Tammy Abraham,” Claret and Hugh claim.

All roads lead to Sima claims Hammers insider
    “Although the Hammers have around £35 million set aside for a top striker the Abraham option looks too pricey – IF CORRECT – by anybody’s standards.

“And at 19 years old and coming with a Soucek/Coufal recommendation Sima looks to be very much on their Irons mind right now.”

Other strikers reportedly being considered by West Ham are Odsonne Edouard, Youssef En-Nesyri and Marko Arnautovic.
  • edited May 2021
    Is all that from some blog masquerading as a news site?
    Whose opinion is it and do they have any credibility or authority?

Or is it just some bloke whittering on?
  • edited May 2021
    Mrs G,

Damien Charles Lucas
    Damien is an experienced journalist and has seen it all as a West Ham season ticket holder of 30 years. Well, everything except a major trophy - sorry Intertoto. Jimmy Walker would have saved it.

Hope that answers you question. =)
  • It certainly does.
  • edited May 2021
    From Damien Lucas's Linkdin page (verified it is the same bloke as he has the same photo on his twitter account)

Went to Waddesdon Secondary School, then University of Buckingham 2002, graduated in 2004 with a BA in English and Multimedia Journalism.

Joined Johnston Press in 2004 as reporter on The Bucks Herald rising to editor, in 2011 he moved to The Hemel Hempstead Gazette as editor. In 2014 he became Digital editor for the whole of Johnston Press and Head of news & digital in August 2019.

If he left school aged 18 in 2002 he's now 37-ish, which means he has been a season ticket holder since the age of 7
  • A lot of talk about Lukaku returning to Stamford Bridge and as mentioned elsewhere Inter are having a fire sale

11 goals in 15 games against us, praying Real Madrid comes to our rescue
  • edited May 2021
    Lingard turns up to England training carrying a west ham bag, bet that will go down well at Manure
    edit, it could be an old photo I read
  • He's a West Ham player till the end of June I believe.
  • Lingard turns up to England training carrying a west ham bag, bet that will go down well at Manure
    edit, it could be an old photo I read

It's not old. Not if it's the same photo as what they've used for the player arrivals video for England.
This discussion has been closed.