Liverpool (H) - 4.30pm, 31st January

Comments

• 0-0 HT......hmmmm a bit to ponder on. Not great but it's all level so not too bad.
  • Liverpool have had a lot of ball, but they haven’t looked dangerous yet, IMO. I’m sure they will create a chance or two in the second half, so we need to do more with the ball, but this feels like a stalemate so far
  • Yes we are defending well
  • Feel we have defended well. They have dominated possession and moved the back quickly. Their midfield is bossing it at the moment.
  • Not sure what the team talk is going to be. I think Moyes will probably be happy with this. Need to get at Liverpool more ask some questions. I really feel like this is going to be a 1-0 penalty to someone somewhere...
  • Happy with that

Liverpool dominating the ball as you'd guess, but not creating much

Need a bit more composure going forward

Nat Phillips was outstanding in our game last time against them, and he just seems well suited to dealing with is as he's been strong again today....matching Antonio well

Bowen/Coufal not getting any joy on the right....Benrahma/Fornals/Cresswell on the left looks our best avenue

Would take a point here
  • Giving them far to much respect ,
  • We are playing deep for obvious reasons. However, we must press more if we are to get anything from this game.
  • We are playing deep for obvious reasons. However, we must press more if we are to get anything from this game.

Well we are getting a point as it stands, unless Liverpool really turn the screw i don't see why we won't get "anything" the way ots going
  • Ended the half a bit better, but Liverpool definitely had the better of the half without looking particularly threatening. Stupid to wait half an hour for a corner, and then play it short, and a couple of dreadful passes from Antonio which we can ill afford with the limited amount of possession we've had. Also, as others said, how on earth wasn't Thiago booked? So, so typical, makes me worry even more than usual about them winning a soft penalty.
  • I think we’ve not come up against anyone with such a pack centre midfield this season. Playing against the diamond has meant that Rice and Soucek haven’t been able to dominate, like they do against a lot of opponents
  • We need to stop giving the ball away when we do get it.
  • Souness: I’m not sure what origi brings to the table, but they’ll probably keep him on because of his height and ability to defend set pieces.

What have the Romans ever done for us?
  • Getting both CMs booked in the first 4 minutes of the half is not great
  • Good defending from Cresswell for that Salah chance
  • Rice and Soucek both on a yellow card. They'll have to treat carefully
  • Our passing is abysmal.
  • Second half very much like the First half all one way traffic with Liverpool.
  • Good chance for Antonio which he misses.
  • Coming all game. Just stand and watch him.
  • BBC commentary heavily biased to Liverpool. When we tackle them, they are ‘hacked down’. We they tackle us, it’s fair.
  • That is awful from Cresswell
  • That was a tricky one, but in this game it’s a big chance
  • We've been very passive and invited that, really.
  • Yeah that’s not good defending
  • Poor from Cresswell, but stopping Salah isn't easy

Have not started this half well at all
  • Cresswell shows Salah inside onto his left foot, so he obliges and smacks it in. Poor body shape from Cresswell
  • Gonna have to come out at them a bit now
  • alderz said:

That was a tricky one, but in this game it’s a big chance

Got to hit the target. We really do need another option up front.