Liverpool (H) - 4.30pm, 31st January

Comments

• Luckily we have a strong attacking bench to call on.....oh wait, we don't so on comes Noble for Antonio
  • Noble and Fredericks on for Antonio and Bowen

Neither have had a good game, makes sense to save them as this game looks beyond us

Liverpool just too good for us today
  • No Lanzini super-sub equalizer today. We've made our changes.
  • yoyo said:

Luckily we have a strong attacking bench to call on.....oh wait, we don't so on comes Noble for Antonio

2-0 down and we bring on a full back and a midfielder 🤔
  • alderz said:

Liverpool was just a step too far for Jordanball. Losing to a side with Salah, Thiago, Trent, Robertson, Henderson, Allison in it - even if it is weakened - isn’t going to define the season.

It's not, but we really haven't done ourselves any justice tonight. I know it's Liverpool, but we've been so conservative. Like the West Ham of old, dare I say
    We have, but honestly I think that the way Klopp set them up with 4 in a diamond to control possession has just snookered us. It’s also a compliment that they’ve changed their tactic for us. Obviously I’m gutted with this performance - more than the result tbh - but if we bounce back and perform well against Villa then I’ll be happy.
  • How does the match thread thing work? Is it like a 'three strikes and you're out' system?
  • Now that we don't have a forward on the pitch we'll probably start banging in the crosses.
  • edited January 2021
    2nd best against a 2nd string Liverpool... is what it is... still at least we are having a well above average season and not in a relegation fight. This might be a wake up call and put things into perspective...
  • alderz said:

alderz said:

Liverpool was just a step too far for Jordanball. Losing to a side with Salah, Thiago, Trent, Robertson, Henderson, Allison in it - even if it is weakened - isn’t going to define the season.

It's not, but we really haven't done ourselves any justice tonight. I know it's Liverpool, but we've been so conservative. Like the West Ham of old, dare I say
    We have, but honestly I think that the way Klopp set them up with 4 in a diamond to control possession has just snookered us. It’s also a compliment that they’ve changed their tactic for us. Obviously I’m gutted with this performance - more than the result tbh - but if we bounce back and perform well against Villa then I’ll be happy.
    Let's hope no-one else cottons on to that tactic. Not sure we have the midfield options to adapt our formation.
  • Nobody has performed today.
  • Is what it is

Not too worried

Can't remember last time we've been beaten this badly
  • edited January 2021
    Outclassed. Just hope they stop at 3 goals
  • 0-3. I said at half time it was Liverpool’s for the taking but Lukerz thought I was being negative.
    We’ve never really been in this game with any chance of winning it.
  • 3rd goal and more abject defending.

We've been very bad.
  • 1-3. Dawson could be our leading scorer at this rate.
  • DAWSONNNNN

COMEBACK IS ON
  • Dawson again!
  • MIAHammer said:

Maybe we're waiting to go 0-3 down before we start our comeback!

1-3

Cue the comeback
  • It’s happening again!
  • (It’s not)
  • Didn’t deserve anything,, but boy do I detest Klopp
  • Terrible performance. I think the subs we made show how thin our squad is.
  • Oh well! We're still in 5th ......... at least for the time being.
  • edited January 2021
    Hamstew said:

Terrible performance. I think the subs we made show how thin our squad is.

Agreed. If Odubeko can't get minutes in a dead rubber then it's clear Moyes isn't planning on playing him. Fredericks and Noble on when we're chasing a game is pretty depressing.

So cross we didn't give their centre backs anything to deal with. Such a tepid performance in a game we had no excuse not to attack.
  • To bad really missed our chance i think
  • Gave them toooooo much respect.
  • I think that score is fair reflection of the game, clearly not at the races but we had a few half chances and moments, was always going to be difficult against the champions and one of the best teams out there
  • Well beaten today by a better team with better players and tactics. We never really tested Liverpool back line. It shows the huge gulf in class and puts our European football aspirations in perspective. Wednesday's game against Villa is also a tough one.
  • That was the weakest LFC side in some time & we gave them a free pass. Disappointing.
  • The natural order is restored.