Liverpool (H) - 4.30pm, 31st January

Comments

• This is going to be really really tough. Apart from the Everton game I would expect us to win the other 5 so this is the biggest test.

Wow? Expect us to win all 5?
  • Does that include the Spuds and Citeh matches or are they a bit later?
  • I think thorn means of those we have just won
  • Alderz that’s exactly what I meant.
  • We've got to be sharp and alert from the off.
    The lapse in concentration allowed Zaha to score within 3 minutes. Fortunately CP were lapse in defence.
    'Pool won't be so charitable.
  • Alderz that’s exactly what I meant.

Maybe individually we might have hoped to win those games, but 6 on the bounce is not ever to be expected for us
  • edited January 2021
    Thornburyiron, forgive me, I wasn't mocking and misunderstood. You're right, we had winnable games but have shoved in a surprise along the way. I hope the odd surprise result will still come. Imagine if the second half of the season is as good as the first
  • Yoyo no problem. Six on the bounce is never to be sneezed at and we would normally have lost probably at least half of the league games. Sunday’s game is something else though and I think we need to be at the top of our game to get anything from it but I’m still hopeful and should we lose I’d be surprised if it’s by more than the odd goal or maybe two. As long as Liverpool know they’ve been in a game and have had to work for anything they might get I’ll be happy because we’ve gifted them goals in the last two or three games.
  • It's a sign of how far we have come as I feel we can get something. It is a good test for us as we have put together string of good results and if we have ambitions of pushing for top 6 come the end of the season we need to be able to take points from those around us. We have a full strength team and they have undoubtedly been missing Van Diijk so I fancy we can get a goal, keeping Salah out may be more of a challenge however.
  • Think we need to be more clinical we have wasted a lot of chances recently hopefully we can have a good day in front of goal Antonio needs to find his shooting boots
  • I think he just needs to put them on the right feet.
  • I fancy Antonio for a brace Saturday and mean goals and not something for an injury
  • This is the big one for me. Win this match and we will really be moving on up.
  • Thought Antonio did little wrong against Palace - IMO he did really well to get between two defenders to meet Benrhama's cross and force a great save from their keeper for the 'one he should have buried' - fine margins, just not his day - hopefully it will be his day tomorrow.
  • Cuz1 said:

I fancy Antonio for a brace Saturday and mean goals and not something for an injury

Cuz, I'd prefer it if he saved them for Sunday. ;)
  • Yes either way
  • The November 2020, 2-1 defeat at Anfield against Liverpool was a little hard, aided by a harsh penalty given against Masuaku. Since then Haller has gone and Masuaku is injured. Their replacements in Antonio and Benrahma will, if anything, improve the team. So am hoping that we beat them and move above them in the table.
  • I’ve taken the bold step of sending trash talk to a Liverpool fan. It’s tongue in cheek, but still
  • alderz said:

I’ve taken the bold step of sending trash talk to a Liverpool fan. It’s tongue in cheek, but still

Brave, very brave.

Think I might join in 🤭
  • alderz said:

I’ve taken the bold step of sending trash talk to a Liverpool fan. It’s tongue in cheek, but still

Brave, very brave.

Think I might join in 🤭
    Do you want his number?
  • alderz said:

alderz said:

Brave, very brave.

Think I might join in 🤭
    Do you want his number?
    I have a couple of Pool mates myself, but I’m not adverse to lobbing some abuse at somebody I don’t know😁
  • I’m going to message the ones I know too
  • It's just nice to be looking forward to this fixture, rather than absolutely dreading it.

And to know we've got a chance of giving them a game, too.
  • Loss, sorry. They have recovered their mojo, and will be fighting to stay in touch with Citeh. If we get a point I'll be on cloud nine.
  • Good news is we never lost our mojo ..so 3-2
  • If it is 0-0 I’ll be very surprised...........score draw
  • Few rumours that Lingard is available to play...
  • I personally doubt he will be in the squad.
  • Lukerz Lingard is not eligible as per the OS.
  • No Mane for LFC