Chelsea v Westham Monday 21st December 2020. The Jimmy Greaves derby.

Comments

• Cuz1 said:

To be fair I think cresswell as been one of our most consistent player this season so far

He has. But not at LB
  • Again a very thin bench for midfield or attack options. Why 2 central defenders and 2 extra goalies ? Surely a promising young midfielder or winger or attacker would be worth a place.
  • So seems it sit back .And keep Chelsea at bay for 94 mins and hope for 0-0 ,,,,Lets see how that works out
  • I’m shocked Noble has come in. I just don’t see what he adds anymore.

If we wanted more in the middle, could have put Fornals there and had Benrahma wide.

We’re going to lose.
  • Bizzare Bench: Why have WHU named two centre-halves and two goalies as subs? Surely, someone from the second team would have benefited from experience with the first-team squad. Or is Moyes making a statement to the owners about the lack of depth? Or there a cunning plan to fool Chelsea by unleashing Martin as a winger and Diop as a centre forward?

He's been ripping it up in training ;wahoo

:-)
  • Pengeman said:

Bizzare Bench: Why have WHU named two centre-halves and two goalies as subs? Surely, someone from the second team would have benefited from experience with the first-team squad. Or is Moyes making a statement to the owners about the lack of depth? Or there a cunning plan to fool Chelsea by unleashing Martin as a winger and Diop as a centre forward?

I actually did see a rumour on Twitter that Diop's been tried at centre forward in training!
  • I think they couldn’t put any youngsters on the bench as there was COVID at Chadwell Heath as far as I’m aware.
  • edited December 2020
    Surprised Benrahma didn’t start, we do need a counter attacking threat

Maybe Moyes thinks we’ll finally get a penalty 🤷‍♂️
  • I can understand the Noble pick in wanting to have someone just spray the ball about, but unfortunately there will be no one to spray the ball about too, other than Bowen. Fancy Chilwell locking Bowen up for most of the game making Noble pretty redundant.
    I can seen Bowen getting frustrated and picking up a yellow / red.
    Reckon Haller is going to be a literal traffic cone all night.
  • alderz said:

Cuz1 said:

To be fair I think cresswell as been one of our most consistent player this season so far

He has. But not at LB
    alderz said:

Cuz1 said:

He has. But not at LB
    So how many games as left back has he let us down ?
  • It's a horrible looking bench. Two 'keepers, four defenders and two of the slowest wingers in the league. The U23s are self-isolating according to Ex, but even so, it just demonstrates how thin our squad is. Most of us were concerned about the lack of strength in depth at the beginning of the season, and it looks like those fears are being realised.

Noble in for Benrahma baffles me. We have no pace in the side at the best of times, but with Noble back in, and given we'll be relying on counter attacks, I can't see how we'll get in their final third.
  • edited December 2020
    You can only use 3 subs so no real issue.

Yarmolenko
    Benrahma
    Snodgrass
    Diop
    Fredericks
    Johnson
    Randolph

That was being referred to as a strong bench not too long ago.
  • Here we go. Back to rubbish defending. Why was he left totally unmarked. .
  • How very disappointing😩
  • Cuz1 said:

alderz said:

Cuz1 said:

He has. But not at LB
    alderz said:

Cuz1 said:

He has. But not at LB
    So how many games as left back has he let us down ?
    I mean, it wasn’t me that said it, but I would say that his performances at LB last season were not good. He lacks the pace to get forward and backward well enough, and he doesn’t have as much time to cross from deep without Masuaku outside him
  • Needed to keep it tight early.....now going to be hard to get back into it
  • We look like we're going to get smashed.
  • So Noble gets his first touch of the ball after 14m 39s and almost puts Abraham through on goal.

Gonna be a long night.
  • Var use is not even trying to discreetly biased
  • Big mistake picking Noble. He’s never going to be at the races and he’s wasting a midfield place n
  • We're looking great going forward. Noble adding a lot.
  • This is not a match to bring Noble back for. He is not a starter now. Very poor selection from Moyes.
  • This is really difficult to watch.
  • Noble is so far off the pace it’s embarrassing haller can’t hold it upfront . We need to hope Chelsea don’t get a second
  • Even if Haller he led it up Noble wouldn’t arrive until tomorrow.
  • Terrible top 4 ref
  • Players need to stop and complain for VAR stop being so passive