Chelsea v Westham Monday 21st December 2020. The Jimmy Greaves derby.

Comments

• Away win, in the spirit of every thing that is happening in the world right now, I would settle for everyone being back here Tuesday morning to moan about a 0-0 draw. Keep safe and sound people👍🏻
  • Away win, in the spirit of every thing that is happening in the world right now, I would settle for everyone being back here Tuesday morning to moan about a 0-0 draw. Keep safe and sound people👍🏻

Oh I'm gonna moan alright. Win, lose or draw I'm gonna moan about something.
  • Hamstew said:

Away win, in the spirit of every thing that is happening in the world right now, I would settle for everyone being back here Tuesday morning to moan about a 0-0 draw. Keep safe and sound people👍🏻

Oh I'm gonna moan alright. Win, lose or draw I'm gonna moan about something.
    That’s the way Zaha Zaha we like it, Zaha Zaha 😜
  • edited December 2020
    Moyes on Friday

"Fabian Balbuena missed the game in midweek and I'll need to see how he is."

"Michy Antonio's back on the grass and I'm pleased to see that - I'll need to assess whether it's too quick for him"

"back in the grass"? Wasn't that a Cheech & Chong movie?

I wouldn't be surprised if Fornals is dropped with Lanzini playing in the middle and Benrahma on the left.
  • Fabianski
    Balbuena - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Coufal - Soucek - Rice - Johnson
    Bowen - Haller - Benrahma
  • The Joe Kirkup derby
  • The Ian Pearce Derby
  • Lanzini is out with a slight hamstring injury. Confirmed by himself on his wife's fortnite stream. Yes you read that correctly.
  • I am hoping Giroud will rule himself out of tonight's game due to all hair salons in Tier 4 being closed =)
  • If Lamzini is out then Moyes will go with the same starting XI as Palace unless Balbuena is fit in which case he starts instead of Diop.
  • I'm hating the next two fixtures; against teams that have been creating but missing chances to score. You just know one or both will suddenly become clinical finishers against us.
  • edited December 2020
    if we can get 3 wins in the next 6 to get to 30 points. that would represent a great first half to the season.
  • I'm hating the next two fixtures; against teams that have been creating but missing chances to score. You just know one or both will suddenly become clinical finishers against us.

But we've missed a fair few chances too.
  • edited December 2020
    All Chelsea players available except Ziyech and Hudson-Odoi who have late fitness tests

I'd be happy with a draw for this one
  • I'd be delighted with a draw. I worry we'll be soundly beaten, to be honest.
  • Think positive. 0-1. Haller scores in the 91st minute.
  • All I want for Xmas is a turgid 0-0. A point here would be massive but we need to revert to a back 3 as Cresswell as LB is a liability. Johnson or Snodgrass or even Fornals as LWB.
    Respect the point, especially if it is turgid.
  • To be fair I think cresswell as been one of our most consistent player this season so far
  • 0-0 would be great ..........Of course 2-1 for us would be better
  • Reckon we’ll see:

Fabianski
    Balbuena - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Coufal - Soucek - Rice - Johnson
    Bowen - Haller - Fornals
  • I’d rather Benrahma than Fornals, personally.
  • Think we might nick this Rice to score from a corner and Benrahma on the break we defend for the other 88 mins :-)
  • edited December 2020
    And then concede 93rd and 96th minute 😭

Respect the point =)
  • We Need Fornals for his work rate
  • Can't see Johnson starting. Same as last game for me.
  • Noble starts. Benrahma on bench.
  • edited December 2020
    Fabianski
    Coufal, Balbuena, Ogbonna, Cresswell,
    Noble, Soucek, Rice,
    Bowen, Haller, Fornals

Subs Randolph, Martin, Fredericks, Johnson, Diop, Dawson, Snodgrass, Yarmolenko, Benrahma

Interesting...