Chelsea v Westham Monday 21st December 2020. The Jimmy Greaves derby.

123457»

Comments

• I just wish we’d bin var,because to me prior to it there was maybe a game a week being scrutinised for a referee mistake or not, and now it’s every game where a var decision is called into question or where if the game is played on things pan out differently. At one point in time you’d hear well things even themselves out over a season where as var times it seems only the big clubs get the right decision just imo of course
  • The only games we’ve failed to score were both games in which Noble started. I think his inclusion upset the rhythm between Rice and Soucek.
  • Thorn, that's a good observation. I've just checked on the OS and the team was set up the same as last night with exactly the same midfield players but with Antonio up top.

I wonder if Moyes will get the message that it doesn't work at all

• I'm struggling to see where the Bowen goal was not a foul. He caught the defenders heels. Pretty straightforward decision imo.
  • I think it's pretty certain Bowen caught him. There's no way he wouldn't have reacted if Silva had dived and he had scored a perfectly valid goal.
  • edited December 2020
    I'm struggling to where he did catch Silva's heels to be honest. The only contact I could see was a slight hand in the back and Silva made the most of it.

I think it's pretty certain Bowen caught him. There's no way he wouldn't have reacted if Silva had dived and he had scored a perfectly valid goal.

I think his reaction was one of resignation to the fact we're getting nothing from the refs.
  • Look closely at his feet.
  • I'm sorry, but I've watched this over and over and over and I cannot see any clear contact between Bowen and Silva and I've no idea how Kavanagh, whose view was at least partially blocked, could have seen it.
    Contrast it, as I've already said, with the flattening of Fabianski - nothing given.