West Ham United V Crystal Palace Wednesday 16th December

Comments

• They should be 3 up at half time. We’ve done nothing.

Welcome...
  • Balbuena on for Fornals. 3 at the back and Benrahmi dropping deeper to make things happen please
  • Balbuena is injured.
  • Haller has been rubbish. So has Fornals. We’ve offered nothing going forward. Cresswell and Fornals don’t offer enough going forward in a back 4, particularly when Rice and Soucek are deep lying.

I think I’d like Lanzini on for Fornals.
  • Lukerz said:

Palace have been the more dangerous side

Haller offers nothing & it really is a struggle when your CF offers zero

It's a struggle when you have no options to replace him, too.
  • And that’s the reason Diop doesn’t play
  • edited December 2020
    As an aside, lovely to see James Collins. I love him. I think he’s my favourite West Ham player of the 21st century.
  • Abysmal. Just one shot on target the first half. Allowed a free cross and free header for the Benteke goal. Where was Diop? Are Haller and Fornals playing?
  • Ha ha ha, Harry said Moyes will give it 10 mins in the second half and then look to make a change
  • alderz said:

As an aside, lovely to see James Collins. I love him. I think he’s my favourite West Ham player of the 21st century.

Could do a job second half, I reckon.
  • Their CF was supplied with a cross & has scored where ours hasn’t had any proper service yet or based on the criticism the usual suspects are getting on here am I watching a different game? Played into Palace’s plan they score and pick us off on the break.
  • Every fan and punter knew Antonio would get injuries and our striker options are limited. Although we've been doing well the last few games it looks quite clear so far in this game.
  • Their CF was supplied with a cross & has scored where ours hasn’t had any proper service yet or based on the criticism the usual suspects are getting on here am I watching a different game? Played into Palace’s plan they score and pick us off on the break.

Benteke has also linked up well. Haller has done nothing.

I’m a defender of Haller, but he needs to contribute to the build up play more than he is right now.
  • Am I greatly mistaken, or has Yarmolenko played as a centreforward before? He can't be worse than Haller in that position, having in view the way Haller plays today.
  • I feel like we have put some good deliveries across the box but no one is gambling to get on the end of them.
  • Ha ha ha, Harry said Moyes will give it 10 mins in the second half and then look to make a change

I take it back, Lanzini on for Fornals.
  • Lanzini on for Fornals
  • Fornals off Lanzini on

I take it back, Lanzini on for Fornals.
    You were still right to laugh, Harry was ten minutes wrong.
  • should have been Yarmo for Haller
  • Diop absolutely dreadful there
  • Diop bullied and loses the ball in a dangerous position.
  • Barney said:

should have been Yarmo for Haller

I don’t rate Yarmo as a striker, personally. I just don’t see it. But yeah, I wouldn’t be opposed to trying something other than Haller
  • I know why Cresswell shot, but we should have been crossing from there
  • Diop has gone backwards in the last 12 months and Haller doesn't look bothered. I'm desperate for him to prove me wrong
  • alderz said:

I know why Cresswell shot, but we should have been crossing from there

Crazy decision given our strength at set pieces.
  • They’re on top again.
  • I mean, I don't blame Haller solely. He plays better in a two. We should have known that about him before buying him and sticking him up front on his own.

But he really doesn't do himself too many favours. Jogging around, not chasing anything down particularly well. Just doesn't seem to put a great deal of effort into anything he does.
  • lol Soucek telling Haller to go up and press and because Haller isn't doing it he decides to do it himself.
  • what a goal from haller