West Ham United V Crystal Palace Wednesday 16th December

Comments

• 2-1 Hammers, end of.

COYI
  • I fancy this game to be a high scorer. 4-3 to West Ham
  • 2-2 at half time
  • Gawd, don't think I'll be able to take the stress!
  • edited December 2020
    Looks like no fans as London goes into Tier 3 Wednesday.
  • Can you believe my luck! Me and my son got tickets in the ballot and now we can’t go. It’s like VAR disallowing a goal after a very long wait!!!
  • Oh that's tough.
  • Can you believe my luck! Me and my son got tickets in the ballot and now we can’t go. It’s like VAR disallowing a goal after a very long wait!!!

Oh no! Hopefully they'll carry your places over to the first home game that you CAN go to?
  • The club have said exactly that
  • Jeez I hate Palace. Couldn't help myself and just went on a forum. Those lot are obsessed with how loud their fans are.
  • edited December 2020
    Just like that wind up monkey that bangs his symbols.... really annoying
  • Fabianski
    Coufal , Balbuena , Ogbonna , Cresswell
    Bowen, Rice , Snodgrass , Fornals
    Soucek, Benrhama

Just an alternative thought - in my opinion Soucek trumps Haller in most attributes required of a striker ( pace , movement , ability to hold the ball , ability to jump , ability to score with ones head , ability to see a pass , willingness to press and no sulking )
  • I see where you're coming from but I think Soucek does well because he comes from deep and is able to time his run very well. It wouldn't be the same if he played the striker role. I actually think Haller would also be better playing deeper, with two faster attackers running inwards ahead of him.
  • I don't think we have to worry too much about Haller, regardless of how well he does individually we're scoring goals as a team and we've won 4 out of 6 since he got his first start.
  • Same side as against Leeds.
  • Just saw this article and at first thought it said "Jack Grealish banned from diving."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-55315924
  • Just saw this article and at first thought it said "Jack Grealish banned from diving."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-55315924

ScotHammer beat you to it on the 'Couldn't think...' thread
  • A win tomorrow would put us above Chelsea. It's so tight with just five points separating the top 10 teams yet seventeen separating the bottom 10.

I think the title really is up for grabs this season with City dropping points again. Could be another Leicester season, as long as it's not Spurs i can live with it.
  • Are we title challengers if we win tomorrow?
  • If the unthinkable happens and Palace beat us and Newcastle and Villa pick up wins too. When was the last time we had 13 teams on 20+ points after just 13 games ?
  • Yeah, it’s a very weird league this year.
  • HAMMERS ON PRIME VIDEO ( get it ? ) =)
  • Please please please beat this lot
  • I am worried about this game. Don’t like playing these at all.
  • I am worried about this game. Don’t like playing these at all.

Same. I always be worry about Zaha. I honestly think if he wasn't playing we'd win comfortably.
  • Hamstew said:

I am worried about this game. Don’t like playing these at all.

Same. I always be worry about Zaha. I honestly think if he wasn't playing we'd win comfortably.
    Given our recent history of conceding penalties and Zaha's reputation, I'm fairly sure they'll get at least one tonight, and VAR will probably let them keep taking it until they score, so we'll need to get at least two goals tonight.

We've looked dangerous in the last few games so I'm confident we may actually do just that, so for me it's all about how we defend.
  • Tell me it's going to be ok
  • It will be fine Ham ,Had 2 exter days rest what could go wrong
  • Basically, if we win this I think they'll be a lot more noise about us in terms of challenging for the European places etc.

We'll go into the Chelsea game above them in the league, which - considering they are title challengers - is ridiculous.

We will have had an incredible start to the season, given where we spent most of last season.

You could even say we will be massive.

Definite loss.
  • Given both Spurs' and Liverpool's tendency to bottle that game could well end in a draw meaning we might be 3 points (plus gd) from the top! Now THAT would be massive.