West Ham United V Crystal Palace Wednesday 16th December

Comments

• We haven't deserved more than a point tonight, to be fair. We've been pretty poor.
  • Full time not really enough done by us in the end.
  • Disappointing but not surprising
  • Frustrating.

Did not play great & did not make the most of the extra man.
  • Maybe just about deserved a point but only just.
  • Maybe just about deserved a point but only just.

Haha no we definitely deserved a point

We just did not play as well as we have
  • Kouyate congratulating even the players he never played with. We know where he really belongs!
  • On the bright side ..... Spurs lost
  • Lukerz said:

Frustrating.

Did not play great & did not make the most of the extra man.

Just didn't have enough in the final third. Benrahma about our only creative player and he was off the pace.

A point is about all we deserved, but frustrating that we couldn't force the win. Need some players next month to capitalise on this good start.

Special mention for Coufal. Absolute baller.
  • This was always going to be a hard game. First half performance could’ve been better but given the formation change I’m alright with it. We’re not much of a threat on the left anymore, it all came from the right.
  • I am happy with the point.

We lost to that lot twice last season. We went 0-1 down and battled back.

Felt we could have offered more, but by no means a shocker.
  • No cutting edge today and 1-1 probably about right. Don't remember many crosses into the Palace penalty area though one produced a magical goal.
  • Will take that. Terrible performance but Coufal was something else. Lanzini changed the game and I hope that puts this Fornals nonsense to bed. Hats of to Seb.
  • We didn't create very much, which was frustrating and a bit worrying, but they are a hard team to open up.
  • Palace were well organised and tough to break down . Diop looked rusty overall a fair result
  • Hamstew said:

Will take that. Terrible performance but Coufal was something else. Lanzini changed the game and I hope that puts this Fornals nonsense to bed. Hats of to Seb.

Sorry, what Fornals nonsense are you referring to?
  • respect the point
  • Good point from a tough game. Palace are organised and disciplined so even after Benteke was sent off there was little change to their formation. Coufal had a great game but the overall performance was below par.
    Respect the point and on to Chelsea.

COYI
  • IronHerb said:

Hamstew said:

Will take that. Terrible performance but Coufal was something else. Lanzini changed the game and I hope that puts this Fornals nonsense to bed. Hats of to Seb.

Sorry, what Fornals nonsense are you referring to?
    That's ok.

That he's incredible. More of a social media feeling than on here to be fair. Lanzini needs to start ahead of him imo.
  • Hate Palace , nearly as much as Ham.... we did not lose.... thankfully.... fair result... not our best performance by far..... guess it’s one of those respect the point games....
  • Hate Palace , nearly as much as Ham.... we did not lose.... thankfully.... fair result... not our best performance by far..... guess it’s one of those respect the point games....

Not possible
  • We lost the first half, won the second so a draw is OK. Our bench was a bit thin on attacking options. Agree we should try Lanzini ahead of Fornals but maybe not against Chelsea. A point vs them would also good.
  • Stems from Neil Shipperley and a co worker when still in London
  • Nicked a point at home. Maybe not the best, but is home......home? Not much advantage, and both teams set up to play. It wasn’t a bad game, just not the result that would have made me happy
  • Mr Moyes not actually going at all overboard with his praise of Haller’s goal in his post match interview. Must be great to feel your manager rates you! It was good to see Declan ensuring Sebastian was included in the celebrations at the end of the Leeds game last Friday.
  • I think it’s good that he’s not letting players rest on their laurels. Everyone on here thought he’d done nothing for the whole game except the goal. I like that the manager won’t let players think that one moment is enough
  • Creswell slows the play down so much with his instep control onto his right. More frustrating is he never uses his right peg except in emergencies. Still good result against a very good palace team.
  • edited December 2020
    Just watched us on MOTD with West Ham hater-in-residence Danny Murphy saying that Benteke's yellow cards were harsh and that "blah blah natural arm position when you're jumping blah blah".
    So I watched both incidents. First one, Benteke's left arm is bent inwards and his right arm swings out - into Oggy's face; second incident, his right arm is bent inwards and his left arm swings out - into Soucek's face.
    The question is therefore if his arm is in a natural position when jumping, why does it alternate and when it does, it's always in the challenger's direction.
    Does he swing an arm when jumping if he's not challenged? I would hazard a guess and say no.
    Therefore I would argue that the act of swinging an arm when jumping is not natural and if it makes contact with an opposition player's head it should rightfully be yellow carded or more.
  • Maybe it alternates depending on where the balls coming from, or where he's trying to shift his weight or something? I think it is a bit odd the way he jumps but I also remember being so tired of seeing Cole and Carroll getting fouls against them for jumping. I think it was harsh.