West Ham United V Crystal Palace Wednesday 16th December

Comments

• I'm pleased we have been flying just below the radar and not getting too many comments by pundits along the lines of what Southampton are getting "doing a Leicester"
  • I feel like Palace at home last season was a turning point in our season - we were doing pretty well before that loss, and it began a run that saw Pelle lose his job.
  • Just bringing the positive vibes ahead of the match.
  • I’m just going to pretend it’s Leeds in a dodgy away kit.

Job done.
  • Is it over yet?
  • LAWRO'S PREDICTION: 2-1

sorry Ham

nailed-on loss
  • However, the last two defeats by Zaha Utd were when MP was manager and we're a different team these days, in players, style, work-rate, fitness and above all Moyes and his staff.

Nailed-on loss =)
  • Diop in for Balbuena, only change
  • Is balbuena injured ?
  • Definitely a loss now. Go to bed everyone nothing to see here.
  • come on you Irons
  • We will thrash them.

KTF
  • Didn’t see the Leeds game, so I’m very interested in seeing this 4 at the back system and how we manage it. We just hired only the second Palace fan I’ve ever met in my life. Seems a nice kid, but I want to ruin his evening.

COYI
  • The way Benrahma runs and carries the ball i think Antonio is going to love having a player like that when he comes back, will allow Antonio to turn the burners on more to get in behind the defence.
  • The way Benrahma runs and carries the ball i think Antonio is going to love having a player like that when he comes back, will allow Antonio to turn the burners on more to get in behind the defence.

That’s interesting, because I was thinking how I’m not sure Antonio is technical enough with his running to benefit from Benrahma being behind him. I think Antonio is perfect for the counter / the break, and Benrahma is more for when we have possession. Watching Said makes me miss Hernandez...
  • But that's the thing when we didn't have a creative player like that in the side, Antonio is often drifting wide to take the ball and bring the rest of the team into the game. I think it will give Antonio the space to play off the defenders shoulder. Defenders will then have to make the decision to stick tight to Antonio and probably lose the physical battle or allow Antonio a yard of space to bring it down and control it before making the tackle.
  • Second best at the moment.
  • Yeah, we're not offering a great deal going forward. Bowen's touch has been poor and Benrahma seems to be struggling to get into the game in the final third.
  • Cresswell injured is really badly news
  • edited December 2020
    Trouble, Cresswell pulled a muscle

Edit: looks more like a slightly twisted ankle.
  • Coufal and Rice have been different gravy though.
  • Remember how annoyed a lot of us were about not signing a left back or left wing back? This is why
  • Cresswell hammy done and Johnson lost his place on bench yikes
  • Looked like a little twist rather than muscular, so hopefully he'll be alright.
  • Is it a muscle? Think he’s just rolled his ankle a bit
  • Fredericks is getting changed.

Commentators saying how stepping into the Astro turf around the pitch is what did it to him. Makes you wonder why there’s still a running track
  • Great covering by Soucek
  • I don’t like seeing Kouyate play against us
  • neither team have really got going imo. both lacking any kind of final ball.
  • everything trying to go through Benrahma no one else taking responsibility on the ball to be creative.