West Ham vs Fulham 07/11 - Match Thread

1234568»

Comments

• That's two we've had last gasp escapes . I had a flashback to Everton constantly doing the same to us over the years. Maybe THAT'S what Moyes does B)

It’s good to finally have a West Ham team that you think may nick a goal in the last minute for that vital 1 or 3 points.
  • IH I think fabianski was insulted by that penalty almost how dare you try and score against me with that weak effort .

Fab might be a tad embarrassed to even claim that as a penalty save - I mean the ball barely even made to him..!!
  • 10 goals conceded in our first 8 games. That is an incredible defensive improvement given we have played Arsenal, Wolves, Leicester, Spurs, Man City & Liverpool (with only two of those at home). 3 clean sheets. Balbuena & Cresswell so much improved on last season.
  • Lukerz said:

10 goals conceded in our first 8 games. That is an incredible defensive improvement given we have played Arsenal, Wolves, Leicester, Spurs, Man City & Liverpool (with only two of those at home). 3 clean sheets. Balbuena & Cresswell so much improved on last season.

Huge improvement we've made under Moyes

So often weve had a soft belly, getting torn apart by inferior players

Moyes has us disciplined and hard to beat
  • There were signs of it pre-lockdown 1, but it’s really been evident since then. I mean since last season’s restart, even though we have lost a few games, there have only really been two “dud” performances - v Burnley and this season v Newcastle.

Just an incredible run of consistency. To the extent that I am gutted that we didn’t take any points this season v Arsenal and Liverpool.

Being incredibly fit and hard working has had a massive part to play. And only those who actually are do play (start) in a Moyes team.

You have to also give the manager a lot of credit when he manages to transform previously maligned players (such as Balbuena and Cresswell).

Surreal times
  • Balbuena for me as played better when diop isn’t with him but maybe that’s coincidence but he’s looking like a good bit of recruitment now even his passing as improving
  • West Ham 4-0 Bournemouth
    Sheffield United 1-0 West Ham
    West Ham 1-1 Everton
    Leicester 4-1 West Ham
    West Ham 0-2 Liverpool
    West Ham 3-3 Brighton
    Man City 2-0 West Ham
    Liverpool 3-2 West Ham
    West Ham 3-1 Southampton
    Arsenal 1-0 West Ham

LOCKDOWN

West Ham 0-2 Wolves
    Spurs 2-0 West Ham
    West Ham 3-2 Chelsea
    Newcastle 2-2 West Ham
    West Ham 0-1 Burnley
    Norwich 0-4 West Ham
    West Ham 3-1 Watford
    Man Utd 1-1 West Ham
    West Ham 1-1 Villa

West Ham 0-2 Newcastle
    Arsenal 2-1 West Ham
    West Ham 4-0 Wolves
    Leicester 0-3 West Ham
    Spurs 3-3 West Ham
    West Ham 1-1 Man City
    Liverpool 2-1 West Ham
    West Ham 1-0 Fulham

All league results during Moyes second spell so far. Only real shocker in there, result wise, was his fourth game at Leicester.
  • On MOTD last night they were saying how Cresswell can’t be far off an England call up with his recent form. He’s been exceptional as a LCB and he brings a lot to our attacking game. You can see how good a left foot he has when he’s had time to wander into space. At LB / LWB he has to try and beat players before crossing, and he just doesn’t have the pace to make room to cross effectively.

I think he is the reason we are effective down the left. Fornals can go wandering because when Masuaku needs support he’s got his CB supporting him. On the right hand side, Bowen gets in the middle, and Coufal has to do it all himself. Are there any right sided centre halves with a wand of a foot?
  • I saw some comments from Rice after the game last night where he said Lookman shouldn’t be too down because he had a brilliant game, or something of the sort.

Real class. The guy was born to lead.
  • I think it was Tony gale who said he was not impressed by the way ogbonna went off not even wishing Diop good luck just stright down the tunnel .Did not really see it myself ,So not sure if theres anything in it or not
  • Text from my son last night:” It’s taken 30 years, but Chris Waddle can stand down - that was the worst penalty I’ve ever seen”
  • Ogbonna was already off the pitch before Diop was down at pitchside so I think Galey is making something out of nothing.
  • Nothing in it

Ogbonna has just been recalled for International duty, its been years since his last cap

Sure it was just frustration at the poor timing
  • I didn't think Oggy went off by the half way line, he took the shortest route.
  • Agree it surely was not personal towards Diop, hope not....but he did strut his stuff and huff and puff witout shaking hands with Diop, not that he has to...but guess he feels a bit foolish looking back...
  • I thought that was Dec’s worst game for quite some time
  • I can onlt remember Fab making one save when Fulham broke but it was quite comfortable. I don;t count the penalty I think a traffic cone would of saved that
  • edited November 2020
    Just had a quick check and I don't understand why Lookman was given the job of taking the penalty as he'd never taken one before in a match.

Mitrovic usually takes penalties, he missed the last one against Sheff Utd but four days earlier he scored one for Serbia against Turkey and overall he's 15 for 22. Otherwise Tom Cairney has scored two out of three and as captain maybe he should have taken responsibility.

A poor decision by whoever made it (and many thanks for it)
  • Just had a quick check and I don't understand why Lookman was given the job of taking the penalty as he'd never taken one before in a match.

Mitrovic usually takes penalties, he missed the last one against Sheff Utd but four days earlier he scored one for Serbia against Turkey and overall he's 15 for 22. Otherwise Tom Cairney has scored two out of three and as captain maybe he should have taken responsibility.

A poor decision by whoever made it (and many thanks for it)

Seemed to me that Lookman grabbed the ball right away and nobody wanted to take it off him. He’s had a good start there, so maybe they all felt he’d earned it.
  • ASLEF, Parker said Mitrovic had a knock & isn't there some unwritten law that states if you get fouled for the penalty as Cairney did you shouldn't then take it?
  • ASLEF, Parker said Mitrovic had a knock & isn't there some unwritten law that states if you get fouled for the penalty as Cairney did you shouldn't then take it?

If there's an unwritten law then someone forgot to tell Vardy, he's scored four penalties after getting fouled this season alone, one against AEK, two against City and one against WBA.

I'm sure there are more examples if you wanted to look.
  • ASLEF, I stand corrected or if touched “dived”. 😁
  • I can onlt remember Fab making one save when Fulham broke but it was quite comfortable. I don;t count the penalty I think a traffic cone would of saved that

We’d have been beaten by a team of traffic cones in some games last season 😂😂