West Ham vs Fulham 07/11 - Match Thread

Luís Boa Morte Doing dem tings 🐍

Over to you guys..

Comments

• The Bobby Moore Derby
  • The Bobby Zamora Derby
  • The John Paintsil Derby
  • Rav there’s big pressure on you after Brother_Sledge’s recent form. Big big shoes to fill.
  • The Paul Konchesky Derby
  • The Scott Parker Derby
  • The Ian Pearce derby. Is anybody actually going to pay £15 to watch this??
  • The Pape Bouba Diop Derby
  • Not sure that the Kentucky Derby gets in here somehow
  • Same team for me. Hopefully, with more possession, we'll have players closer to Haller and also manage to get more crosses in, and we'll get more out of him.
  • Everybody knows this is the Jan Laštůvka derby
  • alderz said:

Rav there’s big pressure on you after Brother_Sledge’s recent form. Big big shoes to fill.

Gonna take this nice an easy and kick things off with a steady 0-0 ⛔️
  • Any ways it’s the Wayne Bridge Derby..
  • The Jon Harley derby
  • Scary - we have lost both of the 8 p.m. games this season. so need to break the hoodoo. We need to respect all teams as they can all be dangerous on their day.

I suppose, Moyes has some choices to make. At Liverpool, Haller was not good. So should be give him another chance or try Yarmolenko? At least, he is more mobile. May be give Haller 45 mins to see what he can deliver and if not, then try Yarmolenko. Fornals works hard and can't see him being dropped.

Fabianski
    Balbuena - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Coufal - Soucek - Rice - Masuaku
    Fornals
    Haller- Bowen

• Yarmolenko's touch map from Liverpool. My concern was he was pulling off into the areas he was familiar with and I think this reflects that. He looked busy on the pitch but it wasn't in the areas we need a striker in. He didn't get around the box at all, apart from his usual position on the right.

Antonio is involved all over the pitch but also in those key areas for a striker. If Yarmo plays against Haller, it's going to have to be really coached into him over the coming weeks.
  • The Jimmy Bullard Derby
  • I would be much happier with Yarma starting. Defenders are going to be way too keen to play at against Haller right now
  • Haller got more minutes against the best team in the league than he has in all the other league games combined. I really think he should he given an opportunity to get some fitness and then find some form.
  • While I get your point Alderz , Haller did play in the cup and do very well v lower league teams, as soon as he faced Everton he again was found wanting....
    So on that perhaps you right... Fulham might be a premier league team but at the moment looking the weakest link....
    So OK give him a chance...
  • The rufus brevitt derby
  • This may have been discussed on another thread and if so I apologise.

This game will be on PPV for £14.95. Will anyone be paying that to watch it?

It got me to thinking of all the games that are currently scheduled for TV. It has often been said that there is a bias towards certain teams by Sky and others. This is now being highlighted even more, as the fans of the so called smaller teams will be forced to spend on more matches in which their team is involved. Does anyone have stats on this? It just seems we will be penalised more than some others.
  • 1 Day , 2 McDowell , 3 Lampard , 4 Bonds , 5 T.Taylor , 6 Lock , 7 Jennings , 8 Paddon ,
    9 A.Taylor , 10 Brooking , 11 Holland , sub not used Gould . 75 cup final ( Bobby Moore playing for Fulham )

• It got me to thinking of all the games that are currently scheduled for TV. It has often been said that there is a bias towards certain teams by Sky and others.

I don't know about it having often been said. I'd have thought it was pretty much a fact?

Since Sky want to attract subscribers and advertisers, it's no surprise they want to show 'popular' (shall we say) matches, and so will bid for the rights accordingly.

But (I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong) when the broadcast rights are put out for companies to bid for aren't they required to show a certain number of 'less popular' games?

• I don't think Haller did enough to justify his inclusion, but imo he has to start

I don't like the idea going without a recognised striker, and think that with some form and fitness he can be an asset

Honestly, I think Moyes will name the exact same XI (injuries permitted)

Gotta get Bowen/Fornals running off Haller and Masuaku/Coufal providing the width and balls into the box
  • After this horrendous run of fixtures, I will be incredibly/frustrated and sad if we don't pick up a couple of wins this month.

Having said that, Moyes' job will be to make sure the players show 100% of the same commitment, organisation and focus that we've shown against Man City and Liverpool.

Do that and IMO we have the talent to score goals and win games.
  • MrsGrey said:

It got me to thinking of all the games that are currently scheduled for TV. It has often been said that there is a bias towards certain teams by Sky and others.

I don't know about it having often been said. I'd have thought it was pretty much a fact?

Since Sky want to attract subscribers and advertisers, it's no surprise they want to show 'popular' (shall we say) matches, and so will bid for the rights accordingly.

But (I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong) when the broadcast rights are put out for companies to bid for aren't they required to show a certain number of 'less popular' games?

I understand the commercial reasons for TV companies selecting certain games for screening. What I’m trying to say is that not being chosen for ‘free’ screening will now financially disadvantage the other club’s fans.

Say no fans get back to grounds this year. We have 9 games scheduled, of which maybe 3 ŵill be selected for TV coverage. That will leave us with potential bills of £90 for the PPV games. Whereas so called more popular teams may have only 3 games not televised, so a PPV bill of £45.

Doesn’t seem right or fair, not that this surprises me.
  • I don’t think there’s been any real difference in the approach. The games being selected for PPV are the ones which wouldn’t normally be shown at all anyway.
    I think the problem is, given that they have cameras at every game anyway, they could come up with a much cheaper way of dealing with it.