West Ham vs Fulham 07/11 - Match Thread

Comments

• We can’t use haller up top alone and lump the ball up to him head height and expect him to hold it up, get players close to him to flick it onto or play to feet to hold up, if we are to lump it up use our faster players to chase instead of him
  • Fulham finding a bit of confidence tonight. Great stuff.
  • Fulham finding a bit of confidence tonight. Great stuff.

Makes a change, usually they have to wait until they play us for that to happen 😂🤣😂
  • Cuz1 said:

We can’t use haller up top alone and lump the ball up to him head height and expect him to hold it up, get players close to him to flick it onto or play to feet to hold up, if we are to lump it up use our faster players to chase instead of him

Haller did flick the ball on to Fornals and if Fornals had squared it to Bowen instead of going for goal we could have been 2-1 up.

Moyes will give Haller another chance, between Everton on 30 September and Liverpool on Saturday he'd played a grand total of 23 minutes, hardly surprising he's a bit rusty.
  • I’m not knocking him aslef quite the opposite he should get another chance imo
  • Good news. Fulham have got their first win so now we don't need to lose to them.
  • That is good news

If there is one thing that scares me, its West Ham coming up against a team on a poor run and in need of a win...because we always oblige

Also how many players score against us and you here its there first goal in 4 years...

The true west ham way

Lets smash em
  • We can save that for West Brom in spectacular fashion
  • Cuz1 said:

We can’t use haller up top alone and lump the ball up to him head height and expect him to hold it up, get players close to him to flick it onto or play to feet to hold up, if we are to lump it up use our faster players to chase instead of him

Haller did flick the ball on to Fornals and if Fornals had squared it to Bowen instead of going for goal we could have been 2-1 up.

Moyes will give Haller another chance, between Everton on 30 September and Liverpool on Saturday he'd played a grand total of 23 minutes, hardly surprising he's a bit rusty.
    I thought he played the cup games?
  • Cuz1 said:

I thought he played the cup games?
    Everton on 30th September was the last cup game, so he played 23 minutes in the month before the Liverpool game.
  • Appreciate that he could be a bit rusty infront of goal. He played like he had just come back from a bad long term injury though
  • Got to stop comparing him too Antonio. Different players, different requirements.
  • The problem is they are vying for the same position in the team people will always judge by what each offers and at the moment Haller does not really fit into our style of play as he is not that type of player.
  • He certainly won’t get injured chasing a lose ball like Antonio
  • Perhaps if he had cost £ 10 million, fans would be less critical....but for the fee paid, perhaps in a way he would be expected to be a bit more able to adjust ....
    I hope he does the business ....
  • I would like to see Benrahmi for this. 4 at the back and have him create space for others
  • edited November 2020

I would like to see Benrahmi for this. 4 at the back and have him create space for others

Well, Coufal would probably hold his own at RB in a back 4, but neither Cressers or Arty would be trusted at LB in a back 4.

We want to win this one, not throw it away.
  • They aren’t that bad
  • We mustn't undo all the good we have done recently ( Liverpool blip not included ). We need to win and send out a signal to the mid table teams around us that we're a different proposition to last year's team.
  • if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Stick with the formation, tactics, starting XI and don't underestimate any team in this league

Despite their current position Fulham are 7th in the league for shots per game, 7th for possession and 6th for passing %. As Leeds found out if you give Fulham opportunities they will take them.

On the flip side they're 5th for giving away fouls, 14th for winning headers and 20th for catching the opposition offside.
  • Same team to start for me with a view to swapping Yarmo for Haller at half time if no signs of improvement. We will likely have more possession with slower build up in attack which is not ideal but should be better suited to Haller's abilities. Also would like Benrahma to get at least 20 mins but depends on how the game is going.
    Nervous about this one.
  • I am surprised so many want us to change it up (not necessarily on here but a lot of noise from fans on twitter saying we should use a back 4)

Yes this is a different type of game, but is there any evidence to suggest that this formation won't work against smaller teams?

We used this formation in the 2nd half against Spurs when we were on the front foot and worked well, we created a lot of chances

Yes, I'd like to see Benrahma play but think we have carry enough of a threat on the left with Masuaku and Fornals, equally with Bowen/Coufal on the opposite flank

Wolves play a back 3 against the top teams and the bottom teams i believe, don't see why we can't do the same

Just need to play 10 yards higher up the pitch and be a bit more confident on the ball

Also I'd like to see Soucek be the runner from deep to support Haller, its such a fundamental part of his game
  • edited November 2020
    Scott Parker says the only doubtful player is DM/MC Mario Lemina who was subbed at half time against WBA with a hamstring. He was replaced by Harrison Reed - who joined from Southampton in the summer after a season on loan - leaving Ruben Loftus-Cheek on bench.
  • Coverage starts 19.45 on BT Sport box office 2 channel 494 £14.95 pay per view
  • Lawro has it 2-0 to us but Sky pundit has it 2-1 Fulham.
    I can see is reverting to type here and making a mess of it ala Newcastle.
  • Looks like moyes going with haller again, according to sky sports which I agree with and says he rates him so that answers our questions
  • I think that Haller is a good striker, unfortunately not so much for the way that we play. So, please Mr Moyes, do find a way to accommodate him and let him score freely.
  • Noble out with a rib injury, Cresswell should be okay while Benrahma "got an introduction the other day and he's getting closer to match fitness"

Haller has been called up for the Ivory Coast. I think he needs a bit of game time and hopefully Fulham is a bit of an easier challenge than Liverpool were.
  • I hope we don't do a 'typical' West Ham against Fulham.
    I think you know what I mean.
  • I don't know which West Ham will turn up today. The one that raises the game against bigger teams or the one that relaxes and commits suicide against perceived lower ranked teams. We need consistency and the team that has turned out in the last four/five games.