West Ham v Man City, Saturday 24th October, 12.30

Comments

• Maybe it’s his 250th PL appearance
  • How doe Gundigan not get a yellow card for pulling back Rice?
  • edited October 2020
    Taylor is definitely one of the most biased refs against us, he's made some shocking decisions that have really cost us in the past, let's hope he doesn't add to them today.
  • Should have been a card.
  • When did Masuaku learn to defend? Fair play Moyes
  • We've got a corner. Should I go make a cup of tea?
  • alderz said:

When did Masuaku learn to defend? Fair play Moyes

I was just thinking the same thing. He’s learnt to tackle without fouling the opposing player.
  • alderz said:

Tbf always thought Masuaku was a good 1 vs 1 defender

His problem has always been his awareness and people running behind him
  • Better cross from Cresswell with his right foot!
  • edited October 2020
    What another great performance so far. More than held our own and threatened a lot more as the half went on. Keep it going boys.

Also, I love Coufal.
  • Coufal seems to be a real find so far
  • alderz said:

Tbf always thought Masuaku was a good 1 vs 1 defender

His problem has always been his awareness and people running behind him
    Exactly. He’s good down the line but loses concentration when he’s in our box
  • Great half from us

City with lots of the ball but we've limited their attempts and have carried a real threat going forward

Bowen is getting better with each game and Coufal is a gem....we have one if the strongest Right flanks in the league
  • edited October 2020
    Everyone on tv talking about the possible handball leading up to our goal. Let’s see if they also talk about the blatant yellow card that went unpunished.
  • Very pleased. Absorbing pressure, then nicking the ball in midfield to counter attack.
  • I know it's been said but the Czech lads appear to be a great find. I wonder if they can put us on to anymore like them?
  • Brilliant performance. We are defending as a team, but when we get the ball we can really play.

A joke that Gundogan didn't get booked. That kind of challenge is the most obvious yellow in the sport, and the referee didn't see it.

Coufal is the best RB in the world.

We are massive.
  • I really get fed up with myself when I get angry with poor decisions by refs on the pitch.
    I just don't think that will ever go away though with ridiculous decisions like the non yellow card for Gundogan.
  • You know how the second half goes after the Gundogan debacle.

50 mins: Gundogan is booked.
    55 mins: Gundogan scores penalty.
    78 mins: Gundogan sets up Kevin de Bruyne winner.
  • this match would be exactly as expected...... had the players swapped shirts at the beginning.
  • Should at least be a retrospective yellow card.

It won't be, will make no difference anyway but was such a poor decision it was embarrassing.
  • This for me is where moyes earns his coin if he can get us playing consistently like this second half then he’s worth his salt, we since Newcastle have been first class and even from me he deserves some of the credit for that COYI
  • A couple of comments I liked from the BBC match thread:

Oliver: I didn't really understand the fuss about Rice before but, having seen more of West Ham this season, I really get it. He's a class act, and really fortifies that midfield.

Koba Fern: Antonio forgot his boots and was handed an old 'Di-Canio' pair. Wow, just wow.
  • Should have had a penalty for the foul on Antonio.
  • "Aguero looked a shadow of his former self" according to the commentator

More like he was in Ogbonna's shadow the whole 45 minutes.

• Pengeman said:

Should have had a penalty for the foul on Antonio.

Yeah, was definitely contact on him before the ball, apparently VAR looked at it and didn't think it was enough to get the ref to check the screen. Something tells me if it was the other way round it definitely would have been looked at. If there was contact and he went down, it has to be looked at imo.
  • Antonio injured? Sounds like it
  • Foden ran 30 yards on his own to score
  • Antonio injured and Foden equalises.

Maybe we are not massive.