Transfer Deadline Day: It's weird because it's October

Comments

• Hamstew said:

Maybe King does but why Grady out and King in?

King has said he wants to play no.9 not as a wide forward

Todd Cantwell going to Leeds for £20m according to the Star
  • edited October 2020
    So we could be spending £0 on CB. Don't get me wrong a loan is much better.
  • Hamstew said:

Maybe King does but why Grady out and King in?

King has said he wants to play no.9 not as a wide forward

Todd Cantwell going to Leeds for £20m according to the Star
    Right ok 👍
    Cantwell would be an awful signing
  • Why is that Hamstew?
  • Could go the other way he signs on loan saves us from the annual relegation and the loan with option to buy goes up

• He’s here...
  • Lukerz said:

He’s here...

• Why is that Hamstew?

Ok just IMO. I just think hes pants.
  • Lukerz said:

He’s here...

We left Upton Par........
  • I'm not that bothered about getting Dawson. It's a loan and potentially he may never be needed. I just don't understand this transfer window. Like at all.
  • edited October 2020
    Hamstew said:

Lukerz said:

He’s here...

We left Upton Par........
    And that will always be the point for me. In many respects Craig Dawson is a typical West Ham signing; unspectacular, but will probably give 100% and may surprise some of us. Would probably have been more accepted had the move to Stratford not happened and fanbase strung along under the pretence of 'next level'.

Ah well, he's here now. I guess if nothing else he's an experienced PL campaigner and is a decent enough back-up when the injuries inevitably rack up.
  • Wouldn’t it be so West Ham if...

There is no option to buy, he has a stormer of a season & is snapped up next summer by Wolves for £3m & we all exclaim how on earth did that one slip away...

😂
  • Welcome Craig Dawson.
    A LWB, CM and Striker now required.
  • My eyes must be bad. I am looking at this on my phone and looking at the pics, I thought we were celebrating Jarrod Bowen’s arrival again..
  • There is an option Lukerz, but from what Moyes has said it sounds like he's here for short-term cover.

Exeter; wishful thinking I'm afraid. Just one more in I fear, probably Benrahma by the looks of it. As I've said before, Manning would be a very good signing as he can cover LWB and CM, but I'd be amazed if we got him in too.
  • Sky sports saying that’s the end of moyes search for a centre half, so we go from a 30 mil plus bid for a couple of rated centre backs to a championship rated 30 year old as the horse bolted 😂😂
  • I am looking forwards to the bright, young, hungry signings from the championship to build a new exciting West ham, We still have 4 days left , nurse
  • backwards signing for a backwards club
  • Moyes must be as gutted as the kid at Christmas who wrote out his list with an Xbox on top and then Santa ended up delivering a board game. Tarkowski, Forfana, Tomari, to Dawson!

You just know he is saying 'pair of barrow boys' under his breath this evening.
  • He probably won’t he will say Dawson was always his number one target
  • Winston Reid played full game for Kansas lol
  • Still, it might of been Dier......
  • Sky report that we have him on loan, therefore surely we have money still to spend?
  • I feel like he’s a decent guy to have around the place. Played LCB in a back 3 for Watford. Competition for Cresswell, whilst Balbuena & Diop battle for the RCB spot. Ogg is nailed on unless he gets injured/suspended/COVID’d.
  • RWB options - Coufal/Fredericks
    LWB options - Masuaku/Johnson
    RCB options - Diop/Balbuena
    CB options - Ogbonna/Rice
    LCB options - Dawson/Cresswell
  • I do actually agree that if you want a guy who doesn't mind not being a starter and is only there to cover injury as a player like Randolph does then Dawson fits that bill, on loan and on reasonable wages. However I thought Moyes wanted a first choice starting centre back which would have allowed Balbeuna to be the cover if playing the new guy with Oggi and Diop in a centre three.

• Look he’s joined now - not many people’s ideal choice - but time to welcome him and wish him well at West Ham. Hopefully he will serve us well when called upon.
  • Dawserz is listening in on the debate...

• I do actually agree that if you want a guy who doesn't mind not being a starter and is only there to cover injury as a player like Randolph does then Dawson fits that bill, on loan and on reasonable wages. However I thought Moyes wanted a first choice starting centre back which would have allowed Balbeuna to be the cover if playing the new guy with Oggi and Diop in a centre three.

But we can't get the CB's Moyes wants so short term cover makes sense.
This discussion has been closed.