Transfer Deadline Day: It's weird because it's October

Comments

• As he signed yet ?
  • Ex says one of the reasons we are signing Dawson is because Watford owe us for Ngakia (because we are due money as he is from our academy), yet they cannot afford to pay us it. So they have knocked down the price for Dawson as a result to offset that payment due.
  • The relegator 2.0
  • edited October 2020
    SSN exclusive ??? Just now. West Ham in talks to sign Craig Dawson. Who could have predicted that😉
  • -insert facepalm-
  • Im all for Craig Dawson. We need an experienced centre back in the ranks
  • Lukerz said:

Ex says one of the reasons we are signing Dawson is because Watford owe us for Ngakia (because we are due money as he is from our academy), yet they cannot afford to pay us it. So they have knocked down the price for Dawson as a result to offset that payment due.

Sooooo... because he's cheap then? What an incredible transfer strategy.
  • If Moyes wants him thats good enough for me

After Soucek, Bowen & Coufal he has done enough for me to back his choices

He wants an experienced CB now and then make the correct signing at a different window then so be it, we have back to back clean sheets and the 2nd best defensive record in the league so happy to back his choices
  • edited October 2020
    Dawson would have been a decent signing a few years ago. I always liked him when he was at WBA. But he was mid 20’s then.

But I think that time has come & gone but we shall see!
  • Not on any level is this anything other than a shambolic signing

Roger johnson revisited.
  • Dawson isn't an improvement on what we've already got but if signing him means we don't have to play Rice as a CB later in the season then I guess that's a good enough reason
  • Would be interested to see if Alese can seal himself a loan in the championship once we bring in Dawson

I think we are all excited by him (and Baptiste) but the highest level he played at consistently is league 1 with Accrington Stanley

Would like to see how he fares in the Championship, although even that may be a year too soon for someone who is still la teenager
  • Would be interested to see if Alese can seal himself a loan in the championship once we bring in Dawson

I think we are all excited by him (and Baptiste) but the highest level he played at consistently is league 1 with Accrington Stanley

Would like to see how he fares in the Championship, although even that may be a year too soon for someone who is still la teenager

And this is why signing Dawson makes sense.
  • Sign Dawson and Benrahma and I will be very happy with our window.
  • Sign Dawson and Benrahma and I will be very happy with our window.

Still not a decent window in my books, a left back was needed at the very beginning but was never purchased.

a new LB and if we are sticking with the current formation a striker that can play the Antonio role.
  • Sign Dawson,Benrahma,King,And Rodon ,And i will be happy ,Plus as a bonus Rodon signing would upset spurs =)
  • If Dawson doesn’t actually ever play and is behind Balbuena in the pecking order then it is ok with me. And then if manning arrives the window becomes ok

No-one is going to convince me that Dawson is moyes’ choice because everywhere you look, there are smoking mirrors where our owners are concerned. Dawson would not be on the radar but for salthouse.
  • edited October 2020
    Villa being linked with a late move for Benrahma. Now that the figure that Brentford accepted from us is public knowledge and the date of his medical slated, it did kind of invite interest from elsewhere.

Imagine losing out on Benrahma and bringing in Dawson effectively on a free being our only business this week 😄
  • If Watford owe us money, why can’t we get Sarr for £5m instead of the £30m they want for him?
  • I think a lot of fans need to separate the board and players emotionally. Dawson is a good enough addition to any squad. Wouldn’t like to be a player thinking of moving and read any west ham forum right now.
  • No separation required here. Watford fans not too aggrieved he is going and they just got relegated. He is good enough for a relegation threatened squad. More fool me to think we might aspire to more than that. He is coming because Watford can’t pay for ngakia and salthouse earns a bit of money.

And players might want to come if we didn’t have an embarrassing set of owners and a transfer strategy no-one can seem to fathom!
  • I have to agree with Ian. We come across as a very negative bunch at the moment. Hardly inspiring for any players considering whether to join.

I don't think players thinking about joining the club care much about our transfer strategy. I think they would be put off by jumping on Twitter and looking through the general mood, personally.

Especially as things really aren't that bad right now, all things considered.
  • Never a dull or a straight forward moment at WHU. The Mirror is reporting that https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/said-benrahmas-25million-transfer-set-22833104 :

"Said Benrahma's £25million move from West Ham to Brentford is in danger of collapse ... despite a medical set for when he returns from international duty, the deal appears to be off ... West Ham boss David Moyes is understood to be more keen to land King than Benrahma".

Who would second guess Moyes or the owners?
  • Stopped at Daily Mirror....
  • It is the Mirror but would anyone be really surprised if it fell through?
  • Even as someone who is deeply suspicious of sully at all times, I still think this deal will go through.
  • Villa being linked with a late move for Benrahma. Now that the figure that Brentford accepted from us is public knowledge and the date of his medical slated, it did kind of invite interest from elsewhere.

Imagine losing out on Benrahma and bringing in Dawson effectively on a free being our only business this week 😄

I think this is a very likely outcome.
  • Jacob Steinberg tweeted the same thing, apart from not mentioning the Mirror line about Benrahma being angry with Brentford. I'm not really sure why that would stop the move though.
  • Trevor Sinclair has tweeted an angry face and swearing regarding Benrahma
  • edited October 2020
    So obvious this deal was not going to happen. Best part of £25m-£30m. Deal agreement put out in public domain days ahead of medical & completion.
This discussion has been closed.