Transfer Deadline Day: It's weird because it's October

Comments

• Tbf I would take him or King, thing they both have pros and cons

Benrahma arguably the superior talent, is a natural winger, younger but also unproven in the Prem and more expensive

King is a bit more what you see is what you get, a solid player who can play up front or on the wings, proven in the league, is cheaper but also older and less sell on value
  • edited October 2020
    Clearly done as a tactic for Bournemouth to lower expectations with King. Why would we agree a few for Benrahma & then bid £13m for King?
  • If they both start going belly up then no doubt there'll be an announcement of our "GREAT dealings by signing a proven goal scorer with I international pedigree, as we unveil Danny Welbeck
  • The article is hilarious, it does not mention any reason why the deal is going to collapse. It says it’s nothing to do with West Ham & then gives no reason for the breakdown & says West Ham are relaxed about the situation & Palace can now sign Benrahma.
  • Dawson it his then and a oh but we tried for someone better but finances wouldn’t allow
  • Hamstew said:

Villa being linked with a late move for Benrahma. Now that the figure that Brentford accepted from us is public knowledge and the date of his medical slated, it did kind of invite interest from elsewhere.

Imagine losing out on Benrahma and bringing in Dawson effectively on a free being our only business this week 😄

I think this is a very likely outcome.
    I did think it odd that the fee and medical were out there for all to see, days before the deal could be finalised. Almost as if it was done deliberately.

But hey, who knows what's going on. If we get King and Manning with the Benrahma money, I'd be happy.
  • It's an odd article. The player has fallen out with Brentford and now Zaha FC are free to sign him?
  • edited October 2020
    'Nothing to do with West Ham' feels like a line being fed from someone at West Ham not wanting to be blamed for the deal not happening.
  • But we tried, honest, we tried to get players in, but .... enter excuse of choice here

Not something our board have ever bleated before, is it :p
  • No can’t remember that excuse pouring out
  • Lukerz said:

The article is hilarious, it does not mention any reason why the deal is going to collapse. It says it’s nothing to do with West Ham & then gives no reason for the breakdown & says West Ham are relaxed about the situation & Palace can now sign Benrahma.

It's like it was written by a child.

In completely unrelated news, anyone remember the Sullivan email offer for Carvalho that he sent to Sporting?
  • edited October 2020
    Sounds like attention now on King. Did we really let Grady go to look to get in King?
  • Lukerz said:

The article is hilarious, it does not mention any reason why the deal is going to collapse. It says it’s nothing to do with West Ham & then gives no reason for the breakdown & says West Ham are relaxed about the situation & Palace can now sign Benrahma.

It's like it was written by a child.

In completely unrelated news, anyone remember the Sullivan email offer for Carvalho that he sent to Sporting?
    Now THOSE were the days
  • Hamstew said:

Sounds like attention now on King. Did we really let Grady go to look to get in King?

NO FOR DAWSON 😂😂😂
  • edited October 2020
    I think Josh King makes more sense given our setup.

25m / 30m on Benrahma or 15m and 5m for King and Manning. Seems a lot better value imo.
  • Maybe King does but why Grady out and King in?
  • Cus we’ve got champagne owners with lemonade finances
  • Because Grady was supposed to turn into

Tarkowski
    Or forfana
    Or Tah
    Or Car
    Or.......
  • Manning keeps getting mentioned but it seems to be quiet in the press about him. Is he on the cards?
  • Seems to fit the “young and hungry” mould that’s for sure

So that’ll be a no then...
  • Dawson announcement imminent according to Ex.
  • yoyo said:

Manning keeps getting mentioned but it seems to be quiet in the press about him. Is he on the cards?

He's mentioned because he can provide cover in two positions we're short in (LWB and CM) and fits Moyes’s vision (young, hungry Championship player), and may actually be affordable, even to Sullivan. It's a deal that is screaming to be done, but seemingly not on our radar.
  • Hamstew said:

Dawson announcement imminent according to Ex.

Will be interesting to see what Moyes has to say about this. Honestly can't believe that he was anywhere near top of the list when Moyes decided he wanted a centre back.
  • If the Benrahma deal falls through then I will feel even more justified in my seemingly perpetually grumpy mood about the transfer window n
  • edited October 2020
    Tarkowski
    Forfana
    Caleta-Car
    Duffy
    Tomori
    Rodon

Dawson 🤔
  • Twitter now saying that Benrahma isn't off, but it has stalled. Could it be a delaying tactic? Get the Dawson announcement out of the way as the club know what the reaction will be, then drag the Benrahma deal out in the hope that the drama will make people will forget about Roger the Relegator MkII?
  • edited October 2020
    I think it’s probably just that this is the only real transfer around right now so it’s filling football Twitter’s endless desire for something to talk about, and journalists don’t have much else to do
  • That Mirror article is so devoid of content that it's embarrassing. Almost like they want a few thousand people to click on it to boost their advertising income.
  • Lukerz said:

Tarkowski
    Forfana
    Caleta-Car
    Duffy
    Tomori
    Rodon

Dawson 🤔

Scattergun, at best.

At worst, it was always going to be Dawson (a lot of fans called it very early in the window) and the bids for the others were all part of the Sullivan game.
  • Ex says the Dawson deal could now be a season-long loan.
This discussion has been closed.