Spuds v West Ham , Sunday 18th October , 4.30pm

Comments

• Hamstew said:

Vlad has tweeted saying he hasn't tested positive

He probably had it, but then the virus saw his performance against Leicester and decided it was a fight it would never win.
  • edited October 2020
    MIAHammer said:

Oh dear! Looks like Kane may be injured

I suppose that answers the question "who are they going to drop for Bale?"

And if Southgate is short of a centre forward there's one who is terrorising Premier League defences right now...
  • Aslef, right now I’d rather Antonio stayed with us rather than be playing for England. Not just because of the extra COVID risk, but it still haunts me as to what being on England duty did to Dean Ashton. And Ashton didn’t even pick up regular niggly injuries.
  • Surely as a fitting tribute to John/Grey, this has to be a mauling of Spurs of the “Ravel Morrison” kind??..
  • Everyone fit, Moyes can pick his best team (whatever that is).
  • Same team as against Leicester please
  • Benrahma not registered in time, and even if he was don't think that he would've started here

Fredericks apparently may be fit for this, but I hope that he sticks with Coufal
  • Either Fredericks or Diop because Bale is pretty quick still these days. Only so much mopping up Ogbonna can handle
  • Unchanged team please. Bale hasn't played for yonks, except for golf that is, so is likely to be a little rusty.
    Anyones game so why not us? 2-1 Hammers

COYI
  • I think Coufal should keep his place. On his debut, I thought he showed good anticipation which can compensate for any perceived lack of pace, although I can't say I thought he was slow.
  • It will be interesting to see how Bale gets on as he hasn't played for such a long while and you would imagine it would take him a few games to get up to speed. If he returns at his best he is one of the few individual game changers playing football today but I feel he may be an expensive luxury this season, flashes of the old brilliance for sure but perhaps not enough overall impact. Maybe that's just wishful thinking!!
  • I don’t think Bale relies on his speed as much anymore and won’t he be playing on the right? I though Coufal is perfect to put up against Son.
  • Coufal v Son could be a feisty contest
  • I think Bale will move from flank to flank. He will be looking forward to a foot race against Balbuena though
  • Coufal all day
  • If Bale starts then he must be wacked early on.....Welcome back Gareth should be the message
  • Game Day!!

Despite our recent form, not expecting anything here, would be happy just to see a positive performance

Think Mourinho will give us respect, he will look at how we performed against Wolves/Leicester and will know we are dangerous

Shame we seem to be coming up against a Spurs team buoyed by their United thrashing and Kane in the form of his career

Would happily take a point
  • I know it’s a long shot but I’m locked out of WHTID and when I try to contact them it just says something went wrong. Can Anybody help me?
  • Yep just a good performance for me. Newcastle result was a shame but can't complain apart from that. I think it will be a 3-1 loss
  • Same. We’ve put in a high level of performance in 3 out of 4 games. If we keep that up, I will be happy.

Happier if we sneak something, though.
  • I very much doubt Moyes would do it but I feel 2 strikers could be the way to at least get a point today. A lone striker might be easily dealt with by their central defenders but 2 feeding off crosses from the wingbacks could be fun.

Fab
    Coufal Diop Ogbonna Cresswell Masuaku
    Soucek Rice Fornals
    Haller Antonio
  • IMO Bowen can't be dropped, 3 goals in last 2....
  • Spurs always look dodgy at the back, I can see us scoring
  • Same team, bale on bench for the spuds
  • Same line up..Haller not even on bench.

• Erm... what?
  • Surely he's injured

Moyes has used him off the bench already...
  • I thought that when I saw it last week is that cafuls real name?
  • Cuz1 said:

I thought that when I saw it last week is that cafuls real name?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berat_Djimsiti

Nope. Djimsiti plays for Atalanta!?