Spuds v West Ham , Sunday 18th October , 4.30pm

Comments

• edited October 2020
    Rice and Soucek have been made to look very average tonight, perhaps Rice is that tad bit overrated...
  • Rice and Soucek have been made to look very average tonight, perhaps Rice is that tad bit overrated...

Good thing no one is overreacting
  • Antonio very sluggish today
  • They are being made to look average, but that’s because they are up against a very good three. Two vs three tends to struggle in midfield when they can’t outmuscle the opposition, and Ndombele, Sossoko and Hojberg aren’t easy to bully.
  • Ok when will he sub my guess 85th minute
  • How are we supposed to score when our center forward is sat out on the left wing?
  • edited October 2020

Rice and Soucek have been made to look very average tonight, perhaps Rice is that tad bit overrated...

Good thing no one is overreacting
    Hamstewjay_in_cpt

Not overreacting WHU, u are sure entitled to your opinion, and you voice that frequently.
    I am not saying they are not good , but just sometimes feel that the hype is a little overstated.
    If he was not English would it be as much....not convinced IMO.
    However I am happy he is a Hammer, but do feel he has a lot to learn and is by far not the finished article.
    all IMO of course.

• MIAHammer said:

How are we supposed to score when our center forward is sat out on the left wing?

Probably because he is a natural winger 😩
  • Spurs are decent atm. We're well off our game. Let's keep the score down and move on.
  • alderz said:

They are being made to look average, but that’s because they are up against a very good three. Two vs three tends to struggle in midfield when they can’t outmuscle the opposition, and Ndombele, Sossoko and Hojberg aren’t easy to bully.

Mourinho has got his tactics spot on. Targeting the CMs and putting pace against Balbuena.

This is why I think we needed another CM; not to replace Rice or Soucek, but to supplement them.

As today has proven, we're still very light in cover in key areas.
  • Frustrating as there is clearly goals in this game for us.
  • Lukerz said:

Frustrating as there is clearly goals in this game for us.

Sadly there aren't strikers in this game for us.
  • Would be nice if we could get a couple of goals back & make it respectable
  • Thankfully we have Benrahma to sure up our defence
  • Defence weren’t switched on and their forwards are flying. It can happen to any team.

We’ve actually stuck at despite the game being long gone. These three upcoming games were always going to have potential for these kind of results, and it would be nice if our fans didn’t lose their minds about it.
  • alderz said:

They are being made to look average, but that’s because they are up against a very good three. Two vs three tends to struggle in midfield when they can’t outmuscle the opposition, and Ndombele, Sossoko and Hojberg aren’t easy to bully.

Mourinho has got his tactics spot on. Targeting the CMs and putting pace against Balbuena.

This is why I think we needed another CM; not to replace Rice or Soucek, but to supplement them.

As today has proven, we're still very light in cover in key areas.
    No, no. We’re not light. All week I’ve read that we had a good window.
  • I think we’ve done alright.

Would be easy to be 5-0 down by now.
  • Early goal was a killer, and it was a mistake/error from Balbeuna

Then we had to chase and Tottenham can just counter and they have world class players

Agree with Lukerz, there are goals in this game for us, its just not happening yet and as long as we push forward we will let countered

Obviously this game is put to bed, but there is some pride we can hope to keep by getting a consolation and not letting in 5,6, 7 etc
  • Stats say we had 2 shots on target. To be honest I don’t recall those.
    How can we have a bench with no fowards? :(
  • They are having one of those scoring all their chances games. Not helped by giving them those chances on a plate
  • Strange game. A lot of our build up play has been very good and confident but we are 3 0 down.
  • Typical Jose side.

Pretty average, saved by some quality players at the top end of the pitch.

Most of their offensive play has been a lumped ball forward.
  • Think in general we have played OK, but have been caught out by a better attacking team than us.
    Feel that we have should have dealt with the goals better, a back 3 + 2 wingbacks and midfield has let us down, their class has shown and we have not been able to cope, we have been outclassed by a superior team.

We have not been that bad, just 2nd best.

• They have been clinical. Kane and Son are outstanding.
    Our high press has not worked as they just play through, over or around the midfield.
  • Think in general we have played OK, but have been caught out by a better attacking team than us.
    Feel that we have should have dealt with the goals better, a back 3 + 2 wingbacks and midfield has let us down, their class has shown and we have not been able to cope, we have been outclassed by a superior team.

We have not been that bad, just 2nd best.

Mou has won the tactical battle, Kane dropping deep then the two wingers running from wide inside its exploiting the space between the wing backs and centre backs

Still think we are pressing too high up the pitch which has led to most of our downfall, gives Spurs too much space and they are too quick to give them that space
  • How does everyone pronounce Coufal? I was saying “Coo - fal” but the commentators are saying “Soo - fal”
  • Soucek with a half chance straight away

Misqueues a bicycle kick then Masuaku blasting miles over
  • edited October 2020
    Fornals heads over from 2 years out with an open goal
  • Fornals.......

Shocking

I actually don't think he was offside, but no excuses

Started the half brightly though
  • Fornals saw it late and couldn’t get high enough