Spuds v West Ham , Sunday 18th October , 4.30pm

1789101113»

Comments

• As funny as it has been, actually seen a lot of comments from spurs forums complementing us and saying that we looked really good even before the goals
  • We dared to dream =)
  • It was always going to be good, and doesn't disappoint. Contains lots of swearing.

https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=135026
  • Perhaps time for us all to give Moyes some credit. He was being slated at half time on social media.
  • edited October 2020

It was always going to be good, and doesn't disappoint. Contains lots of swearing.

That read is also why I hate Spurs more than any other team they really are deluded. I hope John/ grey his having a laugh at there ex pence looking down on us
  • I don't know if anyone has already mentioned it, but what a find Coufal is turning out to be following on from his impressive debut.
    Maybe Moyes could check (pun intended =) ) whether he and Soucek know of any decent CBs. =)

You joke, but according to Ex, Sullivan did actually put a bid in for a Slavia Prague centre-back at the end of the window as he now sees Czech players as very good value for money.
  • It was always going to be good, and doesn't disappoint. Contains lots of swearing.

Well that's just beautiful.
  • Just coming down from yesterday.Must have watched that last 10 mins about 50 times .Lanzini goal was a thing of beauty
  • As a matter of interest, did Lanzini get booked for his goal celebration?
    Normally I would frown upon one of our players getting booked for that, but in this instance I would be willing to let it go (if he did indeed get booked for it). The emotion from all the players was fantastic.
    On NBC, they were so busy replaying the goal, so we didn't see the restart and the end of the match =)

• Yes, he did get booked for taking his shirt off. Well worth it in my opinion!
  • That was the end.

What a classless bunch. Proves that this forum and the fans/posters on it are another level. Proud of being part of it.
  • It was the beginning of the end for the spuds 😂😂😂
  • As i said watched the last 10 mins over and over ,,,Now i cant stop watching those 2 spurs knuckleheads over and over so great
  • I shall continue not to comment on match threads until they start seems to work :)
  • edited October 2020
    It was a very odd game, because I felt like, even at 3-0 down, we were playing as if the game was 0-0. There was still that intensity, staying in shape, sticking to the game plan, getting players forward, moving the ball through midfield & getting Masuaku up the pitch. Showing a desire to defend when needed to. We did not get ragged.

Jose made a big error by bringing on Bale & Moura. Can you imagine Moyes bringing on Yarmolenko & Lanzini when we are 3-0 up with 20 mins to go? It would be Noble, Snodgrass & another CB or he’d leave it be. That showed a lack of respect to the rhythm of the game, which was we threatened a revival all second half. The fact that they all came in the last 12 mins is irrelevant. Nobody is saying that Spurs goals don’t count cos they all came in the first 16. The fact was we could have got two of those goals back earlier, it just so happened it took until 82 mins. Then everything we had been doing all game seemed to click, added to Spurs feeing the pressure.

The reason they felt the pressure so quickly is they knew, based on the game, that we did not look like a side who had no chance of mounting a comeback. If that was 3-0 at home to Burnley & it went 3-1 with 8 mins to go, no way would Spurs have thrown it away. We always showed we had quality to cause them issues, & the attitude was always one of ‘we’re not out of this at 3-0’, which surprised me. Spurs never had control of that game, other than the scoreline. They were always battling to keep us at arms length for the majority of it, but weary we could throw in a few jabs.
  • edited October 2020
    Also a cool tactical change Moyes made second half, which went to...

Coufal - Soucek - Rice - Masuaku
    Fornals
    Bowen - Antonio

But the two forwards were very wide & Fornals was basically a false 9.

Watching the game back, I thought Fornals was our best player. Absolutely everywhere even when we were 3-0 down. Some lovely passes he made all game & didn’t stop running.
  • It’s amazing to think that even though they took the lead in 45 seconds, by that time we had already registered a shot on target (a weak one albeit)
  • Behind the scenes. Great to see the players reactions at the end of the game.

• We were wondering not that long ago if there was something seriously wrong at the club and morale was at a low. Judging by the reaction of the whole squad on Sunday when the equaliser went in that couldn’t be further from the truth.
  • This is worth a look, made me chuckle

• This is worth a look, made me chuckle

I don’t usually engage in football banter, but that is very very funny
  • Just watched the game again ,Never gets old =)
  • I watched the highlights from the Spurs official site - how weird am I?